• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Fknweasel

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra Platinum White Pearl A-spec Tech

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

Xcfool

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Liquid Carbon Tech 6spd
Plz define "great gains".

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Just curious. If it fits, what’s the hold up? Jk
I love that this is still enclosed and we won’t have to worry about hydrolocking from a CAI style any more than we would with the stock box. The sound alone is worth it.

But for a serious question, do you guys offer an oiless filter for it, or is there a universal AEM Dryflow that will fit? Ever since I had throttle body and iacv issues with my RSX and an oiled filter, I refuse to use oiled filters and will only use a dryflow.

OP
OP
Fknweasel

Fknweasel

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Any release date information?
Expecting to release Pre-Orders this summer.

But for a serious question, do you guys offer an oiless filter for it, or is there a universal AEM Dryflow that will fit? Ever since I had throttle body and iacv issues with my RSX and an oiled filter, I refuse to use oiled filters and will only use a dryflow.
We will never offer "Dryflow" filter for any of our intakes. Oiled filters are far superior air flow wise. Dry cotton filters are often worse than the factory panel.
I totally understand your concern. The early days of MAF sensor vehicles, the sensors were very subjective to oil contamination causing issues if a filter is overly oiled. However since 2016 (10th Gen Honda Civic) the sensors much more contained. PRL has supplied 10s of thousands of intake systems utilizing oiled filters with virtually no complaints.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt

We will never offer "Dryflow" filter for any of our intakes. Oiled filters are far superior air flow wise. Dry cotton filters are often worse than the factory panel.
I totally understand your concern. The early days of MAF sensor vehicles, the sensors were very subjective to oil contamination causing issues if a filter is overly oiled. However since 2016 (10th Gen Honda Civic) the sensors much more contained. PRL has supplied 10s of thousands of intake systems utilizing oiled filters with virtually no complaints.
And been proven numerous times because the majority of oiled filters don't filter as much and on a Direct Injection system that's MORE dirt to get stuck on the back of valves causing build up.

Early days of MAF vehicles? Why are we bringing up stuff from 40yrs ago? An over oiled filter will mess with a MAF TODAY too if the oil gets on it. K&N has sold millions of oiled filters doesn't mean they are GOOD at filtering, just means they flow more air(and dirt), so they look better on a dyno so better for marketing to the same people that buy Pepboys parts.

I run an oiled filter on my Mustang, but I don't pretend it's some great better filtering system. I run it because I don't put a lot of miles on the car. If I did there is NO way I'd run an oiled filter. I'd rather lose a few HP and run a quality cotton one. Can always make up the power difference with MANY other mods or even just loosing a couple lbs.

OP
OP
Fknweasel

Fknweasel

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No one said Oiled filters are better at filtration. They're utilized for a performance benefit. You are more than welcome to run any filter you prefer. Majority of PRL intakes utilize a simple 4" cone filter manufactured by Green Filter USA.

The problem with direct injection engines is not the air filtration. You need to understand the PCV system actively allows oil to enter the intake track pre turbocharger. This is far more contamination than a simple cone filter. We can all agree that DI is terrible for your valves.

In recent years (2016+ Civics), the maf sensors used are far less susceptible to damage from an over oiled filter. Simply utilize the recommended amount of oil during service and you won't have any issues. Again being in the performance industry we have had 0 claims with our provided oil filters and will continue to offer them with our intakes.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
No one said Oiled filters are better at filtration. They're utilized for a performance benefit. You are more than welcome to run any filter you prefer. Majority of PRL intakes utilize a simple 4" cone filter manufactured by Green Filter USA.

The problem with direct injection engines is not the air filtration. You need to understand the PCV system actively allows oil to enter the intake track pre turbocharger. This is far more contamination than a simple cone filter. We can all agree that DI is terrible for your valves.

In recent years (2016+ Civics), the maf sensors used are far less susceptible to damage from an over oiled filter. Simply utilize the recommended amount of oil during service and you won't have any issues. Again being in the performance industry we have had 0 claims with our provided oil filters and will continue to offer them with our intakes.

Speaking of oil.. So when does your catch can become available?

pomegranate

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Mazda 3 Hatch
not related, but the second pic really confirmed that i'm gonna get white pearl holy crap does it look so good with the gloss black grill

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT

How many is “virtually”? Out of 10’s of thousands that could still be a 4 digit number.

It isn’t just a MAF sensor issue. The droplets of oil, regardless of over oiling or properly oiling, over time build up. It clogs the iacv and throttle body butterfly. Oil in the intake also lowers octain which can be REALLY bad for turbo cars. Over time it will leave a film on the inside of the intake manifold.

PRL is developing a catch can for this very reason. The oil droplets over time going back into the intake system and lowering octain levels in the af mixture is one of the reasons a catch can is important. Just to reintroduce oil to the intake system through the filter? No thank you.

I’ve seen a lot of independent tests that show oiled filters, even high end ones, are no better and sometimes worse than paper filters. If they do flow more air, it’s due to the media leaving lots of gaps since it relies on the oil to catch dirt particles. In reality what happens is a lot of dirt makes it through as the oil isn’t as effective as it’s meant to be.

Dryflow filters like the ones AEM makes are superior to paper filters for air flow, and let less dirt through and don’t have the oil side effects like a K&N. It’s a much safer middle ground. They are however more expensive to manufacture which is why many companies just use oiled ones.

I hope that it’s a standard size cone filter. AEM makes many different sizes. If they don’t have one that fits, unfortunately I’ll have to pass on the system. It’s unfortunate because it’s beautiful and high quality and sounds great. I wish you guys would look into dry filters. At least as an option and let people pick. Maybe the dry filter has 1 hp less than the oiled. Show the data and we can pick. A choice is better than no choice. Not having the option is possibly alienating lots of customers.

Last edited:

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
You are more than welcome to run any filter you prefer. Majority of PRL intakes utilize a simple 4" cone filter
Ah see this is perfect. I have the option to buy your kit and get my own filter of choice. Thank you.

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
Hey guys,

I have confirmed fitment today that the upcoming PRL Motorsports High Volume Intake fits the Integra! Yes I work for PRL Motorsports, however this is my personal car. As you would expect the Civic Si and Integra have a ton in common and PRL pretty much has an entire product line for the Civic Si and Integra 1.5T.

Link to already available Stage 1 Intake System

Here's a video of how it sounds!

Along with some Before and after shots.
IMG_0756.JPG

286362155_5512620262102694_2355294635286032435_n.jpg
Woah that sounds awesome! Is that with just the intake or do you have res delete installed as well?

Decks515

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec 6mt
You are more than welcome to run any filter you prefer. Majority of PRL intakes utilize a simple 4" cone filter manufactured by Green Filter USA.
Any chance of getting the kit with no included filter for a slight discount?

It would give those with a different preference an opportunity to pick and choose their own 4" cone, and wouldn't necessarily hurt profit.

Personally I'm considering it, and tend to keep a 2nd filter in a bag near my car fluids anyway, but if they don't want oiled ...