• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

DukeFrisbee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Shelby GT350, VW Golf R, Jeep 4xE
Test drove the ITS today. I'll try and NOT repeat what every other review has said and focus on some areas where I might have differing perspectives or impressions. Car had 25 miles on it, was spotless and in the showroom. They took it out for the test drive and put it back after. I drove it for about 20 minutes, didn't take it past 4500-4800 rpm. I'm just not "that guy".

First the visuals - I looked at the car pretty close, paying special attention to how well they did on the install of the lighted emblem and CF spoiler since those seem to be the most intrusive installs. The general fit and finish was excellent. I really don't know if some you guys are just mad at the price or you drive higher -end lexus' or mercedes. The panel gap -even on the front bumper was tight and even, and if there were any panel color variations I didn't see it either in the showroom or out. Also, the paint feels excellent. They must use a ton of clear because it feels like glass. I'm guessing after a minor single-stage paint correction (just to do it) and ceramic coating there wouldn't be a single surface you could put a cup on and not have it slide off! I have a friend who details high-end cars and you'd be shocked at the paint condition some of the cars that cost 3-4x more are delivered in.

Doors felt solid, closed tight with a solid feel and sound, all the touch points and user controls you interact with felt good. I really don't know how anyone can complain EVEN at this price point. We have a MK7.5 Golf R in the house and the ITS is SIGNIFICANTLY more refined in terms of materials and finish quality. The argument that this is a $50K version of a $35K car is dumb. A good friend who has an amazing collection of cars just added a CT5 V - Blackwing. How about a $110K+ version of a $40K car!?!

The drive - I think the one takeaway I have that may be a bit different comes down to perspective. What are you used to and what are you looking for? It pulled nicely, there was zero sign of any torque steer, and the exhaust sound in Sport+ was lively if a bit tame. The shifter was a shorter throw version of many Honda's I've driven. Precise, smooth, and amazingly easy to drive. Even if you don't drive stick, if you want one, find a way to get it home and practice in your neighborhood for an hour or two and you'll be fine. I could teach anyone to drive stick in this car.

BUT, if you are looking for a super short, gated shifter (ala S2000) this isn't it. If you want a sharp, focused, track car for the street, this isn't it. I felt it is a bit tame, even in Sport+. Back to perspective though - I drove my weekend car to work today and to the dealership - a 2020 GT350. The Tremec MT feels alot like what you'd have to do to the S2000's shifter if it had to handle 2-3x the HP and TRQ. The ride, on the softest setting is much more harsh than the ITS in Sport+. BUT, if my direct comparo was a Jeep or SUV the ITS might feel like a Mclaren!

Styling wise I like it because it's a bit odd. Especially with the fenders. It will still look sharp in some of the more subtle colors and a bit bonkers in colors like Tiger Eye or Apex Blue. It visually stands up from almost any angle though it's best side is the rear angle view. It looks REALLY good from there.

Bottom line? I absolutely LOVED it! Rowing up and down through the gears is effortless and engaging, rev matching is so subtle it's perfect, not the often overdone "look at me, I blipped the throttle for you" that some cars have. It pulls nicely at almost any RPM and will no doubt impress even more once it's broken in and you run it out to redline. If you want a sporty, quick, MT 4 door with a cavernous hatch, great dynamics, good quality fit and finish and common bloodline to a very well aftermarket supported sister car this is for you. I can't wait to make one my daily.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Interesting how many Porsche and M owners there are
are you dealing with Columbia (cinci)? i was told today that the car still isn't ready for test drives. i wonder what's taking them so long.. they've had the car for a week and they must know there are a lot of chomping at the bit to get behind the wheel!

if you're not the columbia guy, i apologize ha!
They said their service department is backed up and haven't done the PDI yet. Not sure when they'll have it ready.

SpencerDawgg

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2004 RSX Type-S APB
Count me in as well. Based on what I heard from the GM at Nalley Acura, I would most likely get mine in March/April next year.
The demo was sold to a gentleman who is a long-time Honda/Acura fanboy.
My first impression:
The Good
  • Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder and the ITS looks great. I prefer the liftback/notchback style with wide fenders and the discreet hood vent on the front.
  • Excellent ride and handling balance with good grip with those wide tires. I did not push the demo car and one can do only so much spirited driving during a 20-minute test drive. I did drive through city roads and the interstate. It pulls from 2000 rpm effortlessly. I did not go beyond 4k to 5k rpm as it only had 47 miles on it. I can only imagine how this will pull once broken in.
  • Feels well-engineered and assembled compared to my 2011 Subaru WRX. This demo won the panel lottery from the Marysville plant. While my WRX launches well, this ITS is a big step above. The K20C1 engine and the gearbox are next levels.
  • The seat felt comfortable and well bolstered for me. I'm 6'2" and 165 lbs. I have not sat in the CTR bucket seats and cannot compare. It is good enough for me.
  • No torque steer and imperceptible wheel spin. Now I can appreciate the LSD upfront. Every time I give a slight boost in my Camry, the front wheel spin and start to wash out. Every FWD car that produces 200 hp or more must come with an LSD.
  • Relatively better availability since ITS is only for Canada and the USA.
The Not Good
  • The high price tag. When I bought my WRX in 2011, it was $25k and the STi then was $36k. I was hoping it would be $48k. However, with heated seats that are not red in color, ELS audio, HUD, and the extra 1 year of warranties help.
  • Dealer markups are going to be the norm for the ITS as well, though there are more Acura dealers willing to do MSRP compared to Honda dealers doing MSRP.
  • Rear fender flares should have been part of the sheet metal and not tacked on.
Cars I am cross-shopping
  1. Honda Civic Type R (unlikely I can get one at MSRP. Won't pay markup out of principle)
  2. Hyundai Elantra N. Going to test drive this weekend.
  3. Subaru WRX I wanted an STi and Subaru stopped making them. Compared to the K20C1, the Subaru engine feels pedestrian.
  4. BMW 330i Msport - Great car. However, not exclusive and everyone and their grandma has one.
  5. Alfa Romeo Giulia Veloce Felt like the old 3 series and a 4-door Miata. Loved it. Concerned Alfa might just close shop, pack their bags and leave in a few years.
I am interested in seeing what the Elantra N has to offer, but the styling/luxury of the integra has it beat IMO. That price is hard to beat tho 🧐

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS

They said their service department is backed up and haven't done the PDI yet. Not sure when they'll have it ready.

the gap between this hot hatch and some of the Ms and P cars has really narrowed. Granted… you can also easily pay double/triple to move into the German realm … BUT don’t have to. To get the level of fun, manual, track(ish) capability, and utility is a rare find. At MSRP the ITS will be a great choice. If I could find a CTR at MSRP that would be even a better value, but that has proven to be an impossible task.

dale_cooper

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
19 SGP CTR; 05 GX470
Fun thread to read....

I drove by my local dealer (Acura Columbus) on Tuesday to see their white ITS. I called back the next day to understand how they're doing orders. Unfortunately, they're not taking deposits from anyone, so they have a list of 80 people right now - what a joke. I actually prefer dealers to take deposits so that there is more skin in the game. Sounds like they're allowing test drives in the order of people on the list, so I likely have no shot of driving the car.

Car looks really nice in person - interior and exterior are very well done (this one had the suede steering wheel). However, the more I think about this, the more I think the CTR, even with markup is potentially the better purchase. CTR will always feel more special, and at this point are readily available at 10k over. ITS at MSRP is 8k above the CTR. Why not just get a CTR? I wonder how many are using these as their only car / daily driver - it would be a 2nd car for me, so I think the CTR just makes more sense. You guys who have driven one - does it feel like a car you can actually have REAL fun on the street? I owned a 2019 CTR for a minute, and one thing that was a bit frustrating was that the car is so capable that you can never actually use anywhere close to its potential on the street, so it always feels like a caged animal.

Finally, I currently own a 23 RS3 (selling it), which is equally rare, and its getting VERY tiresome of trying to buy another rare car. Most dealers telling me how rare the ITS is, how only 200 will be made this year (mis-informed), blah blah. Dealers in Ohio seem to be split at msrp, or 5k over. Would love to also hear impressions if anyone who has driven an ITS has also driven a GR corolla....

Thanks !

grahm

First Name
Grahm
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 RS3, 2023 Type R
Fun thread to read....

I drove by my local dealer (Acura Columbus) on Tuesday to see their white ITS. I called back the next day to understand how they're doing orders. Unfortunately, they're not taking deposits from anyone, so they have a list of 80 people right now - what a joke. I actually prefer dealers to take deposits so that there is more skin in the game. Sounds like they're allowing test drives in the order of people on the list, so I likely have no shot of driving the car.

Car looks really nice in person - interior and exterior are very well done (this one had the suede steering wheel). However, the more I think about this, the more I think the CTR, even with markup is potentially the better purchase. CTR will always feel more special, and at this point are readily available at 10k over. ITS at MSRP is 8k above the CTR. Why not just get a CTR? I wonder how many are using these as their only car / daily driver - it would be a 2nd car for me, so I think the CTR just makes more sense. You guys who have driven one - does it feel like a car you can actually have REAL fun on the street? I owned a 2019 CTR for a minute, and one thing that was a bit frustrating was that the car is so capable that you can never actually use anywhere close to its potential on the street, so it always feels like a caged animal.

Finally, I currently own a 23 RS3 (selling it), which is equally rare, and its getting VERY tiresome of trying to buy another rare car. Most dealers telling me how rare the ITS is, how only 200 will be made this year (mis-informed), blah blah. Dealers in Ohio seem to be split at msrp, or 5k over. Would love to also hear impressions if anyone who has driven an ITS has also driven a GR corolla....

Thanks !
Why are you selling the RS3? That’s the next car I’m grabbing — would love to hear your thoughts. Do you think you’ll get what you paid for it?

I think for a lot of people who get the ITS it’ll be a daily — if you have another practical car then I feel like there are better purely fun options (including, like you said, the CTR).

dale_cooper

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
19 SGP CTR; 05 GX470
Why are you selling the RS3? That’s the next car I’m grabbing — would love to hear your thoughts. Do you think you’ll get what you paid for it?

I think for a lot of people who get the ITS it’ll be a daily — if you have another practical car then I feel like there are better purely fun options (including, like you said, the CTR).
RS3 is my 2nd car, (actually have a new civic as a daily, which is an incredibly well executed product - seriously). I also had a prior gen rs3; they are without a doubt special cars. The 5 cylinder is great to listen to, and the 8Y rs3 is a much better overall car compared to the last gen. I moved into a new area and unfortunately, there is a good bit of congestion and stop lights in this area. The RS3 isn't fun to drive in that type of environment. The powerband does not have much tq down low, and combined with a dsg that prioritizes upshifting - you get a very laggy or clunky experience. That said, if you're sending it, the car feels like a weapon and is very responsive. However, as I get older, I'm coming to the conclusion that if I'm spending $60k + , I value an overall car experience more, than something tilted for the track. I'm not going to track a car, and thus, I'm prioritizing something for the street which is less serious. I daily drove the RS3 for the first 4 months - but for normal driving, I'm getting into my civic 9 times out of 10 because its less stressful and does a better job doing mundane driving tasks (90% of driving is mundane). Many people don't want to admit the reality of that. Sort of off topic, sorry to muddy the thread. You can pm me for additional questions.

Sphinx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Miata
The F87 and G87 are different cars. The G87 brings a level of composure, precision, and linearity of power delivery not present in the F87. I wouldn’t call it a muscle car, though it is quite powerful for its class. It is this new “composure” that some F87 vets are calling “lack of engagement”. I’ve owned an F87 Competition and, after lots of miles in the G87, don’t agree with that.

And, driving them back to back, I struggle to find anything about the subjective elements of the driving experience that the ITS does better for me other than shifter feel (steering feel is similarly numb). Have you had a chance to drive a G87?
I haven't, no. I track my cars. So honestly was/am leaning towards a supra if I can get one. The savage geese review of the F87/G87/Supra sealed it for me. That was before we saw this week's reviews on the ITS.

So track feel is very important to me. Hence why the F87 over the G87.

The CS got silly expensive but now they are just sitting due to being overpriced. So if I can get a driver's car (with some miles, no garage queens) for $75-80, if jump on it.

But if I'm spending 50K, then it is an ITS v F87 comp.

Above all, I'd prefer the CTR, but I refuse to pay ADM.

Sphinx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Miata
Ive got a reserved blue one being delivered next week to Acura of Athens. I’ve never done any car club stuff (just a lifetime Honda fan) but I’d definitely meet up when I can.
I've been talking to the Athens store for a while. Might go out and drive the demo. I live next to Jackson Acura and they wanted $2500 for any TS car. Pass.

Still maybe I should go see if they have one to demo to me.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
RS3 is my 2nd car, (actually have a new civic as a daily, which is an incredibly well executed product - seriously). I also had a prior gen rs3; they are without a doubt special cars. The 5 cylinder is great to listen to, and the 8Y rs3 is a much better overall car compared to the last gen. I moved into a new area and unfortunately, there is a good bit of congestion and stop lights in this area. The RS3 isn't fun to drive in that type of environment. The powerband does not have much tq down low, and combined with a dsg that prioritizes upshifting - you get a very laggy or clunky experience. That said, if you're sending it, the car feels like a weapon and is very responsive. However, as I get older, I'm coming to the conclusion that if I'm spending $60k + , I value an overall car experience more, than something tilted for the track. I'm not going to track a car, and thus, I'm prioritizing something for the street which is less serious. I daily drove the RS3 for the first 4 months - but for normal driving, I'm getting into my civic 9 times out of 10 because its less stressful and does a better job doing mundane driving tasks (90% of driving is mundane). Many people don't want to admit the reality of that. Sort of off topic, sorry to muddy the thread. You can pm me for additional questions.
I apologize in advance, this will probably come off as judgy but your comment has my brain reeling.

200w (1).gif

I guess part of it is I can't relate at all to your experience with your RS3. I even mentioned it in my impression post, the S3 I had was probably my favorite daily driver I've ever had (the S4 and RS5 were objectively better but also much more expensive- but both had ZFs which are kind of the ultimate daily driver transmission). I did not have an issue with the DSG at all. If I had to nitpick, it did tend to hold gears for longer than I'd prefer and I'm not really a "use the paddles all the time" kind of guy, but it really wasn't that bad.

But... if you're going to have a 2nd car, maybe you should get a 2nd car. To me, the RS3 would be a kind of perfect do-everything 1st car- but again, that's assuming the DSG experience was the same as in my S3. I don't really look at the RS3 as a track car... sort of in the same vein as the ITS; "track capable", but not a track car. Maybe consider just keeping your civic and getting a dedicated sports car?

Just spitballing, but you could probably save quite a few bucks and look into a BRZ, Miata, etc., or within the same budget as the RS3 grab something like a Supra, M2, 981 GTS, 997.2, E46 M3, etc.

The ITS- and RS3 for that matter- in this case maybe seems kind of redundant with the Civic. I definitely love the car and all it stands for- but if I didn't have the combination of 4-doors AND manual requirement, I probably wouldn't be looking in this direction. Same for the RS3- it's arguably one of the better driver's cars with 4 doors available, but there are more sporty cars out there if you could stand to lose a couple doors.

dale_cooper

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
19 SGP CTR; 05 GX470
S3 and RS3 are very different. I had a mk8 golf r before the rs3. While nowhere near as special, the golf r was objectively a better car on the streets where you can explore the limits, and it has a vastly better tq curve for the street. The RS3 has a laggy powerband and traps 117mph in the 1/4 mile. Even as a 2nd car, i never get to use its capabilities. To be honest with you, I've had too many cars and am burnt out at looking at any true performance car as a daily driver - if you think the rs3 is a supreme daily driver, great - just differnet personalities - maybe we just live in different places, with different traffic patterns, and go to different areas where I have zero desire to have a performance car in that role. Having a car like that, in that role, stresses me out. To be honest, when I was dailying my rs3, it was always in the back of my head - if I totaled this car, I can't even replace it, due to supply - thats a bad lingering feeling. Regarding the ZF trans - I agree with you, absolutely the ultimate daily driver trans (I love it ). In fact, bmw's b58/zf combo is briliant to me and I've reallyyyyy considered going in that direction .

Meanwhile, I totally understand your advice of getting a real 2nd car. For me, I don't wnat to spend 60k+ to get that 2nd car which fills such a limited role to me. Just not worth it. The CTR and ITS are on the edge of a price range where I don't expect as much out of the car itself. CTR and ITR also have a manual transmission which automatically gives the car more personality and FUN. So there's a narrow window for me of 30-50k for a really purposeful car (I still believe ctr and ITS are purposeful cars). At some point, itd be interesting to explore a used porsche, but so many models is a bit overwhelming.

I can definitely lose 2 doors for the "fun car", but I"m not trying to have an outright balls to the wall 2nd car. I don't think the RS3 and ITS are redundant with a 180hp civic cvt whatsoever - they're such different machines its nuts. Civic is an incredible appliance. The other cars are anything but that.

We're getting way off topic but after all these cars, I'm good with what I've learned of my personality and the desire/role for each car in my 2 car model . different strokes for different folks.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
S3 and RS3 are very different. I had a mk8 golf r before the rs3. While nowhere near as special, the golf r was objectively a better car on the streets where you can explore the limits, and it has a vastly better tq curve for the street. The RS3 has a laggy powerband and traps 117mph in the 1/4 mile. Even as a 2nd car, i never get to use its capabilities. To be honest with you, I've had too many cars and am burnt out at looking at any true performance car as a daily driver - if you think the rs3 is a supreme daily driver, great - just differnet personalities - maybe we just live in different places, with different traffic patterns, and go to different areas where I have zero desire to have a performance car in that role. Having a car like that, in that role, stresses me out. To be honest, when I was dailying my rs3, it was always in the back of my head - if I totaled this car, I can't even replace it, due to supply - thats a bad lingering feeling. Regarding the ZF trans - I agree with you, absolutely the ultimate daily driver trans (I love it ). In fact, bmw's b58/zf combo is briliant to me and I've reallyyyyy considered going in that direction .

Meanwhile, I totally understand your advice of getting a real 2nd car. For me, I don't wnat to spend 60k+ to get that 2nd car which fills such a limited role to me. Just not worth it. The CTR and ITS are on the edge of a price range where I don't expect as much out of the car itself. CTR and ITR also have a manual transmission which automatically gives the car more personality and FUN. So there's a narrow window for me of 30-50k for a really purposeful car (I still believe ctr and ITS are purposeful cars). At some point, itd be interesting to explore a used porsche, but so many models is a bit overwhelming.

I can definitely lose 2 doors for the "fun car", but I"m not trying to have an outright balls to the wall 2nd car. I don't think the RS3 and ITS are redundant with a 180hp civic cvt whatsoever - they're such different machines its nuts. Civic is an incredible appliance. The other cars are anything but that.

We're getting way off topic but after all these cars, I'm good with what I've learned of my personality and the desire/role for each car in my 2 car model . different strokes for different folks.
Nope it all makes sense and good car conversation, to me, is always on topic.

Let's explore that used Porsche angle. I get that it can be overwhelming, I'm here to help with that, feel free to PM any time, or start up a conversation in the general forum. I spent the last 5 years or so obsessing about Porsches, and I could possibly help you avoid the pitfalls I fell in while trying to explore which used Porsche makes the most sense. As a 2nd car you can pretty much custom tailor exactly what you want, and I'm here to tell you that even a $30k Porsche (i.e., 987.1 Cayman or 996 911) that you don't have to use every day can fulfill a lot of sports car objectives!

Put it this way- the best situation I've been in with cars is having the S3 with a 981 Boxster GTS 6 speed. I really didn't need more than that and wish I would have just left well enough alone.

Lflouie

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AUDI S4, Alfa Romeo Giulia QV
I can relate in soooo many ways to your process, findings and choices relative to matching the right tool (car) and the intended purpose.

I too have done the mix and match with track capable cars for the weekends and sporty cars from daily use. The mix and match can result in some interesting combinations.

As I've matured ( gotten older ) the 9/10s street driving has given way to overall competence and precision at above average speeds. It is the human and machine bond that yields the highest personal satisfaction.

Right now I have an Alfa QV. Audi S4 and wife has an Audi A4 (45 sport w/ sport suspension), each a different experience.

I like them all, for different reasons, but yearn for the interconnection of a manual after selling my Focus RS.

The ITS appears to provide the handling, suspension, and manual experience I seek. It would have chosen a CTR, but it is ever so much over the top for my tastes. The ITS, like all cars, trades off one feature or capability for another. In today's mkt it is the closest car for my targeted wants.

AJTX11

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Abarth Spyder
I drove the ITS yesterday at Grubbs Acura. The Car was great but when I looked in the back seat I noticed the the plastic fender flares had about a 2mm gap when you looked down at the door sill. Looked kinda crap and it was the only thing that I disliked about the car. So anyone else see this or is it just this one.

They offered to sell at MSRP plus $11600 of assesories Copper wheels Nappa Wheel etc. Car was gonna be a daily and I really don't want a Nappa Wheel.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I drove the ITS yesterday at Grubbs Acura. The Car was great but when I looked in the back seat I noticed the the plastic fender flares had about a 2mm gap when you looked down at the door sill. Looked kinda crap and it was the only thing that I disliked about the car. So anyone else see this or is it just this one.

They offered to sell at MSRP plus $11600 of assesories Copper wheels Nappa Wheel etc. Car was gonna be a daily and I really don't want a Nappa Wheel.
You mean the side skirts ? My current A Spec has a similar gap .