• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ordering Integra Type S

4 cyli

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Civic Si , 2004 Rsx Type S
It's very unlikely at this point the dealer will know anything that is not public info. If they did know something, then they should be under NDA, and if they revealed something that is NDA, then that's being disreputable. The day after the announcement, I asked the sales guy I got my A-Spec from to put me on the list for the ITS and he said he would and asked me what color I'd like. I don't think they know for sure what color options will be available, just asking for my preference.

For anyone else watching this thread, DO NOT work with a dealer who takes a deposit without a VIN. When I ordered my A-Spec (after the Acura preorders closed), my dealer put me on their list and said they can't take a deposit without an allocation for me, which I feel is very professional and the right thing to do.
Totally agree with this. No reason to put a deposit down without a vin. I’m guilty of almost doing it but I was able to be one of the first to get an 11th gen Si (without a deposit) and I was offered a CTR for little over just by reaching out to a bunch of dealers. At the end of the day you can put a deposit down and pay 10k over or keep your thousand and search for a car when they become available.

OP
OP

BackPack

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2004 Honda Accord EX-L, 2004 Acura RSX Type S
04 rsx type s owner here too. Both my vehicles are manual Honda’s and I look to add the integra type s. If I can secure one I think it’ll be a forever car to sit along with the others.
My RSX Type S is going to my son. He also only drives manual transmissions and loves the car.

With everything going electric, the ITS will definitely be a forever car if I get it. Problem is I have many of those on my list and my garage isn’t big enough. My wife and I talk about the cars we’ll own in retirement and have agreed on a sports car, sports sedan, truck, small EV car, and motorcycle. All manual transmissions except the EV. Now I need to find a 1,200 square foot house with a 2,500 square foot garage.

4 cyli

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My RSX Type S is going to my son. He also only drives manual transmissions and loves the car.

With everything going electric, the ITS will definitely be a forever car if I get it. Problem is I have many of those on my list and my garage isn’t big enough. My wife and I talk about the cars we’ll own in retirement and have agreed on a sports car, sports sedan, truck, small EV car, and motorcycle. All manual transmissions except the EV. Now I need to find a 1,200 square foot house with a 2,500 square foot garage.
That’s awesome you’re going to hand it down to him.

You and your wife’s plan for cars is perfect. Its always garage space is the problem for us car people lol

The rsx was my first car in high school I’ll never get rid of it. I’m hoping to add the ITS and a s2000 to the garage and I think I’ll be happy with that for a while. With the EV era approaching us I think these cars like the ITS and CTR will be some of the last great not ev or hybrid Honda sports cars.

Last edited:

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
I'm wondering if anyone is planning to swap the new ITS engine into a RSX, or a DC2. I'd love to see that. Shame things cant swap around as easily as old Hondas could. It made them so easy and great to work on.

4 cyli

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm wondering if anyone is planning to swap the new ITS engine into a RSX, or a DC2. I'd love to see that. Shame things cant swap around as easily as old Hondas could. It made them so easy and great to work on.
The k20c motor in the civic type r has been swapped into DC2 and S2000 platforms not sure about DC5 but I think that would be an awesome swap

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I'm gonna feel bad parking the TypeS on the street.. I don't think I'll have a garage by then.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Hopefully theft isn’t an issue where you live & then you can just use a quality cover in the meantime. There’s a company that even makes either hail proof or hail resistant (can’t remember) car covers.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I have been working with an Acura dealer regarding the type S when it is released. I was also speaking with their sister Honda dealer about the Type R availability and allocation prior to that. Didn’t hear anything so I followed back up today and this is their mark up response. Unbelievable. Since it is the same umbrella dealer, I suppose I could expect the same thing with the Integra & should be looking at other dealers to work with. The thing that I liked about them is they will still do an in-house lifetime powertrain warranty with a secondary buy up option on the electronics, but still allow for bolt on’s & tunes within reason. Basically anything that could be turned back to stock easily is accepted, just not messing with the head, internals of the engine, non-bolt on exhaust, etc. Figured I would share here for anyone that was wanting to compare the Honda and Acura.

A265DB8B-0A50-476A-88C5-20D055D8C62B.jpeg

Last edited:

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Red Honda Civic Type R
I just got an alert that the get to preference the GR Corolla if I still want it for MSRP. Sadly I’m holding out for the ITS or CTR.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
I just got an alert that the get to preference the GR Corolla if I still want it for MSRP. Sadly I’m holding out for the ITS or CTR.
I think the important question is which GR that was. The lower model(s?) Don't have any limited slip differentials and those are necessary for the selling point of the car.

hollis

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL 3rd Gen
I probably would have taken the GR Corolla at MSRP with atleast the PP option.
Acura has a reputation on letting customers down, but if it lives up to the expectations selling the GRC would have been easy for what you paid for it. I have a deposit on one at MSRP as a backup plan.

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 CTR, 2023 Integra aspec MT
My dealership is selling them at msrp but we are asking for a non refundable 2000 dollar deposit. Part of the reason is we are getting a lot of type r owners wanting to be on the list and take whatever comes in first. We want people the people who want this car to be in them. Sadly though we aren't selling out of state at this moment.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Understandable, I suppose. Glad my dealership has me for $500 refundable deposit though! I’m sure demographic plays a part as well.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
No deposit required for me. Though I just bought a car from them so I'm sure it helped