• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ordering Integra Type S

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
So something worth keeping in mind was that last summer's Integra "pre-order" process was actually just a "reservation" system--it was a tool for Acura to connect the most interested customers (those willing to put down $500 on a car they hadn't seen/driven yet) with nearby dealerships. The dealerships could use their reservation list to help allocate the vehicles they were getting from Acura to the customers that had put in reservations, thus giving them first right of refusal in most cases when the car arrived, but it didn't mean they'd necessarily receive the cars that had been reserved or what they'd requested from Acura. A dealership can request vehicles from Acura specific to customer specs, but Acura isn't obligated to fulfill those, similar to a reservation--it didn't guarantee you'd get your particular vehicle, or in any given first come/first served order.

I didn't look into the PMC TLX process, but I have a hunch it was more of an ordering system since they were hand-built and limited to 300 units. For example, I doubt if they had 4 customers with interest in specific colors in Malibu that they'd send 2 random colored vehicles there and another 2 to Topeka where they had no orders. I also think the deposit price was much higher--$2k, if I'm not mistaken.

It'll be interesting to see which (if any) system Acura uses to manage Type-S orders, but I believe the MDX Type-S rolled out with a reservation system similar to what we saw with the Integra last summer, if that's any point of reference. The Integra Type-S will be more limited than the other trims, but they'll make more than 300.
Why would they fix something that isn't "broken?"

If people bought with this reservation process that didn't allow personalization, why would it be changed?

The TLX PMC is a true limited edition that appears to be by first come first serve orders only. It is an outlier in this case.

I'm not trying to be an ass here but this is the nature of how these things work. If there is a proven way to roll out a product that "worked" most companies will continue the same model with future rollouts whether it be the best way or not.

Most companies talk of continuous improvement but most do not actually practice it.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Why would they fix something that isn't "broken?"

If people bought with this reservation process that didn't allow personalization, why would it be changed?
Personally, I don't expect the process to be much (if any) different than it was last summer--Acura may have different options and better capabilities vs last summer with better component availability, a plant that's had a full year of experience building this model, and likely a somewhat smaller number of cars to fulfill... but it doesn't mean any of that will change the buying experience. I'd bet on a reservation system like last year, and a deposit between $750 and $1,000.

For anyone yearning for a purchase direct from the manufacturer experience, it looks like Acura's getting into that game with the ZDX.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Just preordered and put a deposit down for msrp. I will be the first one to get the blue one that drops.
I'm curious as to this pre-order process on a vehicle that isn't officially released. Through a dealer I assume?

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I'm curious as to this pre-order process on a vehicle that isn't officially released. Through a dealer I assume?
Yeah, there are dealers who are counting on getting one eventually and some are willing to hold one in a given spec for a customer in exchange for a deposit.

chenc544

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 17 Q60 RS, 07 997TT, 94 300ZX TT
Not quiet ready to put down a deposit yet until we get the pricing info. Hopefully that's coming in April with the reveal.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Just depends on what you wanna do & how soon you want it. I was told I would be the first in line & then when deposit day finally came they said I was #2 in line. Put my deposit down about a month and a half ago maybe. This way I can also try to get the color I want. People with deposits at least get to put requests into the dealer who will ask the manufacturer about allocated colors & work with other dealers to trade if possible. Or if there’s certain options they let you order with or without vs. just taking what’s allocated to the dealer as is. My deposit is also just $500 refundable.

2006rsx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 RSX. Also owned a 1998 GS-R
I was told by my dealership today, they expect the price to be 60k.
They also said next year they will make these all wheel drive....

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Ehhhhhh... I'm not buying any of that--the Acura product planner for the Integra has already said SH-AWD isn't a plan for the Integra, and while this dealership may want to charge $60k for a Type-S, it doesn't make sense in Acura's lineup to MSRP at that price.

Heck, the PMC TLX Type-S is only $64k and it's both limited edition and handbuilt.

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
It wont cost more than 50. Im gonna guess type S costs less than the FL5 to manufacture. Building bespoke body panels in low volumes is crazy expensive.

chenc544

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 17 Q60 RS, 07 997TT, 94 300ZX TT
I would ask them to put wager on it if they are saying 60k MSRP. :D As much as I would love an AWD ITS, that's also bunk. I don't know what they are trying to sell you, maybe an A-Spec but those are lies coming out of their mouth if they are serious. And I will find a new dealer to buy from.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I'm pretty sure the following year will have a twin turbo V8 that get 60mpg. Maybe thats what they meant instead of 60k?

2006rsx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 RSX. Also owned a 1998 GS-R
I would ask them to put wager on it if they are saying 60k MSRP. :D As much as I would love an AWD ITS, that's also bunk. I don't know what they are trying to sell you, maybe an A-Spec but those are lies coming out of their mouth if they are serious. And I will find a new dealer to buy from.
The info came from a service guy.....