• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ordering Integra Type S

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Ahhh, the day has finally come that my dealer reached out & said that they are finally ready to accept a deposit on the Type S. I was obviously happy to oblige. Unfortunately, no other details available at this time regarding allocation, accessories, colors, etc. But I’m #2 in line. 🙌🏽

Bzal1122

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16 Tundra TRD Pro, 03 E46 M3, 23 gts4.0, 24 ITS
Well, Im hoping you all get some better info than I just received. 2 of my closest dealerships still say they don't anticipate orders being placed until July or August and cars received at the end of the year. I hope this is just bad info, as it would make better sense to have these cars hitting the lots for the summer so people can drive them as intended without winter tires (for those of us in wintery areas). I know the FL5 arrived late too, but I think the recipe is already solidified.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Well, Im hoping you all get some better info than I just received. 2 of my closest dealerships still say they don't anticipate orders being placed until July or August and cars received at the end of the year. I hope this is just bad info, as it would make better sense to have these cars hitting the lots for the summer so people can drive them as intended without winter tires (for those of us in wintery areas). I know the FL5 arrived late too, but I think the recipe is already solidified.
Could be with current component shortages.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I would believe that 6 months ago. Now...it would be an excuse without merit.
I'm still seeing shortages in the automation field. 40+ week lead times for components.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
I'm still seeing shortages in the automation field. 40+ week lead times for components.
Thats insane. Most of our lead times dropped when we switched suppliers and are now stable but were never that high to begin with. Different field, obviously.

Mmkk111

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MDX Type S / Silverado SS
I’m going to wait a bit for all of the hype to simmer down, but when I spoke to my local dealer about an ITS, he said they should sell at MSRP since that specific auto group chooses to do that. Have to see if that holds true, but I’m hoping the fact that I bought my MDX Type S (at MSRP) from them will give me some street cred.

hollis

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL 3rd Gen
I have learned that initial reservations will be on Acura.com. In that reservation tool, you will have the opportunity to select us as your preferred dealer.

We expect the initial reservations to be limited so I will keep you informed as to when the order request will open. We do not have any dates yet.
got this from a Acura dealer, wonder if there is any truth to it.

hollis

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL 3rd Gen
Can someone explain how this reservation process worked on the tlx pmc models?

VtecBuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
They did pre-orders for the base Integra too right? I assume for the Type S they'll do pre-orders for the first set, and then start to sell them at dealers shortly after, like they did with the base Integra.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
They did pre-orders for the base Integra too right? I assume for the Type S they'll do pre-orders for the first set, and then start to sell them at dealers shortly after, like they did with the base Integra.
If I’m understanding what you’re saying correctly as a preorder then yes. I gave my dealer a deposit a couple weeks ago & then went to the Acura website to choose them as a dealer which basically confirms the interest in the ITS so that both Acura & dealer are aware there’s a deposit in the event of alllocation. They weren’t taking deposits for quite a while as I called, emailed, & test drove other Acura’s during the last several months.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
So something worth keeping in mind was that last summer's Integra "pre-order" process was actually just a "reservation" system--it was a tool for Acura to connect the most interested customers (those willing to put down $500 on a car they hadn't seen/driven yet) with nearby dealerships. The dealerships could use their reservation list to help allocate the vehicles they were getting from Acura to the customers that had put in reservations, thus giving them first right of refusal in most cases when the car arrived, but it didn't mean they'd necessarily receive the cars that had been reserved or what they'd requested from Acura. A dealership can request vehicles from Acura specific to customer specs, but Acura isn't obligated to fulfill those, similar to a reservation--it didn't guarantee you'd get your particular vehicle, or in any given first come/first served order.

I didn't look into the PMC TLX process, but I have a hunch it was more of an ordering system since they were hand-built and limited to 300 units. For example, I doubt if they had 4 customers with interest in specific colors in Malibu that they'd send 2 random colored vehicles there and another 2 to Topeka where they had no orders. I also think the deposit price was much higher--$2k, if I'm not mistaken.

It'll be interesting to see which (if any) system Acura uses to manage Type-S orders, but I believe the MDX Type-S rolled out with a reservation system similar to what we saw with the Integra last summer, if that's any point of reference. The Integra Type-S will be more limited than the other trims, but they'll make more than 300.

hollis

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL 3rd Gen
Thanks for the explanation.

My dealer where I have a deposit hasnt heard of such reservation process for the integra type s.

Very glad to hear that it doesnt replace my spot on their list.

Hope its going to be early summer release with some unquie color options.