• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Picking up my ITS tomorrow. How frequently will Dealers honor the free oil change maintenance during the free 24/24? Will they do it every 5K miles?
Mine told me it was only when the maintenance minder called for it. So, I did it myself, and I probably won't end up using the free service.

Fred 930

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW GTI
Yea - I figured that might be the case. Will ask them tomorrow when taking delivery.
Oh well, have been changing my own oil all my life, so nothing new.

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Macan S, '16 ES350 and hopefully a '23 Integra
You can always not reset the maint minder when performing your own oil change and get every other one covered by Acura.

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
@thosport Thank you for sharing the data. Curious if there was a small clump of oil goo on the drain bolt. was thinking about getting a magnetic drain bolt but also heard the stock bolt was already magnetized.

Guess I will find out soon enough it's about time for my first oil change. Also, too many horror stories :eek: that are hit and miss at dealership service centers and frankly I don't trust a stranger that doesn't give two sh!ts about their job taking proper care of my car. Most likely going to bypass the free oil change and do it myself. Save piece of mind instead of money. just my 2 cents.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
@thosport Thank you for sharing the data. Curious if there was a small clump of oil goo on the drain bolt. was thinking about getting a magnetic drain bolt but also heard the stock bolt was already magnetized.

Guess I will find out soon enough it's about time for my first oil change. Also, too many horror stories :eek: that are hit and miss at dealership service centers and frankly I don't trust a stranger that doesn't give two sh!ts about their job taking proper care of my car. Most likely going to bypass the free oil change and do it myself. Save piece of mind instead of money. just my 2 cents.
Plus you won’t have to worry if they over tightened the filter when you go to perform the next one yourself. I’ve had some super bad experiences with that in the past.

I heard the factory drain bolt was magnetic also but when I did my first drain I didn’t see anything stuck to the bolt at all. 🤷🏽‍♂️ I have a Spoon magnetic one in there now & will be doing my 2nd oil change very soon. I’d like to do it Sunday depending on how I feel.

Car00071

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Picking up my ITS tomorrow. How frequently will Dealers honor the free oil change maintenance during the free 24/24? Will they do it every 5K miles?
So I have heard that some dealerships will not do it unless the maintenance minder is low. My dealership does not care and does it for me every 5k miles. My first one was done at about 3900. The sticker that they gave me has 5000 mile increments for my oil changes.

woah!

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
dealers won't do it unless it's at the recommended interval at 10k miles.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Not true. All dealers are different. Have to inquire with each one directly & see what they say.

OP
OP

thosport

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type-S

I don’t remember seeing anything on the bolt. I replaced it with a Fumoto valve and still have the bolt- I’ll check it this afternoon and let you know.

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model x, model 3, Rdx, triumph, ITS
I did my first oil change at 2k and sent it in to get tested too. They called today I should have my results in a week. My driving style would be considered spirited. I’ll post the results when I get them

Fred 930

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW GTI
Picked up my car today. Dealer said they would do 5K oil changes even if the maintenance minder was still OK.

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S

This is what I did on my silverado. I installed a Fumoto valve and did the oil changes myself. Granted it was super easy on the truck since I can just crawl underneath it without jacking it up.

I only took it in for tire rotations which they did free as part of the "free maintenance"