• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
For me it’s down to 3 or 4 cars. The 2022 GR86 Premium MT, The 2023 GR Corolla Circuit Edition MT, the 2023 Integra A-Spec Tech MT, and possibly the 2024 Integra Type-S MT.

Timing wise the Integra A-Spec Tech MT is going to win for now. As I can’t find a GR86 anywhere for a reasonable price, and the sister car is the 2022 BRZ Limited MT, that is order-able for the fall for a good price at my local Subura dealer but I’d much rather get the GR86 Premium MT for the ducktail spoiler, the better square from grill, and the GR team’s suspension tweaks over the 2022 Subaru BRZ. From the reviews I’ve seen on the 2022 GR86 vs the BRZ, the GR86 just seems a tad more fun and playfull, a tad more controllable at the limits, while the BRZ is more laser like, and the differences are minimal in any case. The GR86 just looks sexier though. And the other two cars, the Integra Type-S and the GR Corolla are still a ways off, especially since I’m third in line for my Toyota dealer’s GR Corolla allotments.

So most likely I’ll buy the 2023 Integra A-Spec Tech MT for now, then I’ll upgrade later to the GR Corolla or the Integra Type-S. If the Integra Type-S has SH-AWD it will trump the GR Corolla as it’s an a more upscale car. If the Type-S remains FWD it will be a much harder choice. As the GR Corolla has 300 HP, a rally based AWD system, and a manual hatchback design to seal the deal.

However, this plan means I will never get to own a GR86 and I find that sad, it’s such a pure perfectly balanced (as all things should be) naturally aspirated RWD light sports car experience, even the GR Corolla and or the Integra Type-S it will feel quite as pure even with AWD and far more HP. However it’s also cheaper on the interiror comparatively, I’ve always found the Civic Si to be a better screwed together car with a smoother engine, just not quite as exciting and sporty overall as a BRZ/86.

Yet in return you get all the utility back in the Civic or Interga with 4 or 5 doors. And better gas mileage. And the BRZ/GR86 lacks good places to put your phone, it has a strange cup holder location, the arm rest is not as good, the stereo is definitely nowhere near as good, the shifter is not as good, little things like that, more rattles, the roof is not braised as Honda and Acura does now ETC.

So it’s like a conundrum of how much are you willing to give up for that pure sports car RWD performance? For me, the AWD 300HP GR Corolla is a good compromise as would be the undoubtedly faster Integra Type-S with MT and SH-AWD. They better do SH-AWD however, or I might find myself leasing or financing the Integra for only a year, then rocking the GR Corolla from then on, which will be tough to have those extra Integra luxuries and then go backwards on features just for AWD and 300HP, but it will be worth it if so.​
What's the chances you could even buy a GR Corolla? I have seen ads pop-up for the dang thing. Not sure why with only 2000 units slated for the US. I'm betting on a premium mark-up of 5k+ probably closer to 10k for the circuit edition. It would help if Toyota had a reservation system like Acura did. My local Toyota dealer said they weren't creating a reservation list and are waiting to see what they are allotted. Also they mentioned with all of the delays it won't be available till sometime next year.
I'm in the same boat as you. I will be buying the manual Teggy and upgrading next year if the typeS lives up to the hype. Having an Acura dealer that doesn't mark-up over MSRP helps with this decision.

OEMjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra, 99 Audi A4
So it’s like a conundrum of how much are you willing to give up for that pure sports car RWD performance? For me, the AWD 300HP GR Corolla is a good compromise as would be the undoubtedly faster Integra Type-S with MT and SH-AWD. They better do SH-AWD however, or I might find myself leasing or financing the Integra for only a year, then rocking the GR Corolla from then on, which will be tough to have those extra Integra luxuries and then go backwards on features just for AWD and 300HP, but it will be worth it if so.​
Everyone's needs are different and every car has its compromise. Now that I moved to a region with little to no snow. I don't see a need for AWD for a daily. Especially with gas prices these days. I was also salty about the electronic e-brake. But honestly, I've had a manual e-brake seize and let my car roll down a hill. Not like i'm drifting my way to work either and need RWD.

The integra fit the bill for me. Manual with LSD. good mpg, hatchback, and not comically marked up.

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Red Honda Civic Type R
I’m third in line in NJ USA, you had to act fast after the GR Corolla YouTube launch event videos happened, when thst dealer started the pre pre order list. And it’s at a certain Toyota dealer that rarely charges markups, no markups so far on GR86s or GR Supras, only a small mark up on TRD vehicles, no promises though, and as far as production, they are making the car for a few years, it’s not a one and done production year, they were humbled by the demand, surprised even, each US dealer should get about 3 or more a year, Toyota is making:

“Toyota said artisans at the Motomachi plant will hand-build 8,600 GR Corollas for global consumption. The U.S. market will get 5,100 units of the 2022 GR Corolla Core, 1,500 units of the GR Corolla Circuit Edition. The rest of the world fights for the remaining 2,000 units”

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I agree though, the Integra is a good combo, it just really needs 50 to 100 more HP to be fully competitive. However, you can still have plenty of fun at 200HP with a well tuned turbo. And the GR86/BRZ does not have MT with auto driving safety systems, so there is that. Thankfully, the Civic Si, CTR, Integra, and the GR Corolla can do those safety systems and adaptive cruise control even with a MT.

Last edited:

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Also, I do agree for the most part that FWD is more than fine for mostly leagal spirited driving. I’m just older and already had several FWD Si cars already, and I wanted to play with RWD or AWD before it all goes EV.

Last edited:

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
FYI.. looks like new content will be popping up soon.....

Last edited:

bloominguez

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Bronco, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
I'm in Marysville today. Wonder if I can just grab a Teggy...
That's actually encouraged for US makes. Both Camaros and Mustangs have been stolen from very lightly guarded/fenced lots near the factories. In fact, I think GM in particular is REALLY encouraging this by refusing to ship completed cars. Lots of good stuff in Lansing if you happen to get up there.

bloominguez

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Bronco, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
However, this plan means I will never get to own a GR86 and I find that sad, it’s such a pure perfectly balanced (as all things should be) naturally aspirated RWD light sports car experience, even the GR Corolla and or the Integra Type-S will not feel quite as pure with AWD and far more HP. However it’s also cheaper on the interior comparatively, I’ve always found the Civic Si to be a better screwed together car with a smoother engine, just not quite as exciting and sporty overall as a BRZ/86.
I agree with you, I love the BRZ. I got to drive the previous generation a lot. It was always a ton of fun to drive, and the new BRZ / {FRS/86/GR86/whatever they're calling it this week} is even better according to reviews.

However ... why do you think you'll never own one? They should make a relatively long model run (previous version was 10 years), you'll have more chances. And with any luck they'll spice it up a little (suspension, Brembo brakes, etc.), so you may actually prefer a later model.

Thinking much longer term, you might actually prefer to buy in later years. Yes, in the short run maybe you waited to get the same basic car you could have had in 2022 but didn't get it until, say, 2030. But in the long term, when you sell it and somebody wants a BRZ, your 2030 will be more attractive than a 2022 anyway. Look at cars like the S2000 or NSX that didn't sell well at the end of their cycles but got some special/different features to spice them up, those are the ones people flock to when they go up for sale. Not saying the BRZ is as special as those, but the same effect may be true to some degree.

Bottom line: Don't worry if you don't get a BRZ now. Make the right choice now (which may be an Integra at MSRP) and get a BRZ in the future. Do both!

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
All I know is the reviewers are headed out this week to drive it at Circuit of The Americas in Austin, Texas so it makes sense why it’s at a dealership in Texas.
Do you know when the embargo is up? Or how long in advance do they usually have reviewers drive before the embargo ends?

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Do you know when the embargo is up? Or how long in advance do they usually have reviewers drive before the embargo ends?
Raitis ride said in a Q&A that they have no ETA for the Embargo. With Honda/Acura, they tend to find out that info the day of the driving takes place. I would assume that the embargo will lift about 2 weeks afterwards from the Event. That’s how Honda has always done it.

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I agree with you, I love the BRZ. I got to drive the previous generation a lot. It was always a ton of fun to drive, and the new BRZ / {FRS/86/GR86/whatever they're calling it this week} is even better according to reviews.

However ... why do you think you'll never own one? They should make a relatively long model run (previous version was 10 years), you'll have more chances. And with any luck they'll spice it up a little (suspension, Brembo brakes, etc.), so you may actually prefer a later model.

Thinking much longer term, you might actually prefer to buy in later years. Yes, in the short run maybe you waited to get the same basic car you could have had in 2022 but didn't get it until, say, 2030. But in the long term, when you sell it and somebody wants a BRZ, your 2030 will be more attractive than a 2022 anyway. Look at cars like the S2000 or NSX that didn't sell well at the end of their cycles but got some special/different features to spice them up, those are the ones people flock to when they go up for sale. Not saying the BRZ is as special as those, but the same effect may be true to some degree.

Bottom line: Don't worry if you don't get a BRZ now. Make the right choice now (which may be an Integra at MSRP) and get a BRZ in the future. Do both!
I did realize a better future year BRZ/GR86 cars might come out. And I could buy used way down the line. Add it to the personal fleet. I just always been a one car kinda guy, it’s a new concept, lavish to me even. I thought I would want a hybrid or EV for everyday driving eventually, for gas, as Russia has all the gas now. Yet wouldn’t it be swell if I also held onto a nice stick shift gas car for prosperity. And I didn’t think I’d need a GR86 if I had something like a GR Corolla. That all. Three cars? That’s rich man talk lol.

Xcfool

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Liquid Carbon Tech 6spd
Last yr the US produced 20% of the world's Oil supply/day.
Russia 11%.