• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

HKF

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Accord
Moving Hatchback production from the UK to the US was suppose to make the Hatchback pricing more competitive. Unfortunately it has had the opposite impact. Of course who could have predicted Brexit, Ukraine and the pandemic with the impact on exchange rates.
Interesting bit of trivia. I looked at what the inflation-adjusted price of a 2006 TSX would be. Costing around $28,500 in 2006, that car would cost over $41,000 in 2022. I went with the TSX as it’s often considered one of Acura’s top 4 doors from the 2000s. So, $37,395 sounds like a pretty good deal!

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Macan S, '16 ES350 and hopefully a '23 Integra
As a long-time owner of a 2007 TSX 6MT, and probably my favorite car ever, remember that was based off an Accord, not a Civic.
You do raise a good comparision with the ILX pricing, but even in today's market nobody should be paying sticker for an ILX.

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Red Honda Civic Type R
Putting pricing aside, does anyone ever feel that the TXL Type S is still superior with its SH-AWD, the ten speed automatic, more horse power, or does the Integra still win out with its 6-speed manual, lower weight, better back seat space, better hatch utility, better gas mileage, even with the lower 200HP engine? I feel if the TLX Type S had a manual I would jump all over it, despite the touchpad nonsense, bad gas mileage, and extra weight, but otherwise the Integra is the more compelling drivers car to me. As the TLX is too heavy and has a too early up shifting auto transmission. I’d rather upgrade the Integra’s HP somehow, drop a type R engine in, or get a Type S Integra. I’m very likely to buy the Integra as soon as my allotment comes in, but I still have that GR Corolla on order, but that might take a year or two. However, I discounted the GR86 for now due to the lack of nicer features such as auto driving aids. The Golf R is too touchscreen based, and the Elantra N is surprisingly a very decent looking back up option.

Last edited:

Linas19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Insight, Subaru Impreza, Subaru Outback
The problem is not just the high MSRP for the 6MT but once you add 2-2.5k for dealer add-ons and the 1-4K incurred in interest, the total cost balloons to 44-48k which is not easy to justify for a premium compact/midsize hatchback/liftback.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Even that is a good price these days. Is what it is.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Putting pricing aside, does anyone ever feel that the TXL Type S is still superior with its SH-AWD, the ten speed automatic, more horse power, or does the Integra still win out with its 6-speed manual, lower weight, better back seat space, better hatch utility, better gas mileage, even with the lower 200HP engine? I feel if the TLX Type S had a manual I would jump all over it, despite the touchpad nonsense, bad gas mileage, and extra weight, but otherwise the Integra is the more compelling drivers car to me. As the TLX is too heavy and has a too early up shifting auto transmission. I’d rather upgrade the Integra’s HP somehow, drop a type R engine in, or get a Type S Integra. I’m very likely to buy the Integra as soon as my allotment comes in, but I still have that GR Corolla on order, but that might take a year or two. However, I discounted the GR86 for now due to the lack of nicer features such as auto driving aids. The Golf R is too touchscreen based, and the Elantra N is surprisingly a very decent looking back up option.
Just get a tune.
Screenshot_20220429-212336.png

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
The problem is not just the high MSRP for the 6MT but once you add 2-2.5k for dealer add-ons and the 1-4K incurred in interest, the total cost balloons to 44-48k which is not easy to justify for a premium compact/midsize hatchback/liftback.
Find a dealer who isn't an as*.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Si
the Elantra N is surprisingly a very decent looking back up option.
The non-starter for me w/ the N is the lack of a split folding rear seat and that trunk brace, which I know CAN be removed. Plus, I'd rather just get back into a hatchback. So much more versatile. Otherwise I'm a big fan of the N and hope to get a chance to drive one someday.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
The non-starter for me w/ the N is the lack of a split folding rear seat and that trunk brace, which I know CAN be removed. Plus, I'd rather just get back into a hatchback. So much more versatile. Otherwise I'm a big fan of the N and hope to get a chance to drive one someday.
It's funny that they offer the N in 3 different body style and none of them is a regular hatchback.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Si
It's funny that they offer the N in 3 different body style and none of them is a regular hatchback.
Yeah, they have the i30N in Europe, but we don't get it here, which is a shame.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
Yeah, they have the i30N in Europe, but we don't get it here, which is a shame.
They have i30N, i30 Fastback N, and i20N. We get nothing lol
Interestingly, they don't sell them in their home market either, so at least we know we're not alone.

bloominguez

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Bronco, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Putting pricing aside, does anyone ever feel that the TXL Type S is still superior with its SH-AWD, the ten speed automatic, more horse power, or does the Integra still win out with its 6-speed manual ...
Could have stopped right there.

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Red Honda Civic Type R
I’ll most likely get the Integra as I need a car sooner than later. And I received a May 25th build date for my Liquid Carbon Metallic Integra A-Spec Tech MT. The price is MSRP plus delivery and $500 of premium paint. That should be good for residual values as won’t be paying extra, and for if I ever trade it in sooner for a GR Corolla or an Integra Type S. And that should leave plenty of money for carbon fiber mirror caps and spoilers ETC. And if the Integra gets a Type S version announced with 300+ HP and SH-AWD I can cancel my GR Corolla pre-order.

Last edited:

Saywhaat04

First Name
Regi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
19 Honda CR-V TR, 2019 Honda Accord SRT 2.0t/6spd
Ya'll talking about pre orders and allocations and delivery dates has me wanting to just go ahead and order an Aspec Tech/6MT but imma hold out till the Type S...its gonna be hard.