• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

NO TUNE POWER ADDER?? HPS Charge pipes installed...

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
Does the cold side of the PRL intercooler have a larger exit to match the new connection piece or does it match the OEM? I don't remember when I installed it. If that section isn't larger, it's mostly a moot point. Granted a cast piece could allow a smoother flow transition. I don't see it being a big difference regardless.

MacKharoni

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda civic 2000,2017 hatch sport
Does the cold side of the PRL intercooler have a larger exit to match the new connection piece or does it match the OEM? I don't remember when I installed it. If that section isn't larger, it's mostly a moot point. Granted a cast piece could allow a smoother flow transition. I don't see it being a big difference regardless.
It matches OEM

OP
OP
koatic

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
Both cold and hot side of PRL intercool match OEM so the unless the PRL charge pipe cold side connector is tapered inside it makes no difference.
HSP was only manufacturer with charge pipe available when I ordered. if I had to do it again I would still get the HPS with proven gains.. I was kind of shocked with the AHC video in which they installed PRL HVI AND CHARGE pipes in Mikes ITS and only got 5 more hp and 14 fb torque..
at this point in vid
2024 Acura Integra Type-S // Dyno Result | PRL High Volume Intake & Charge Pipes FL5 DE5 (Part 7) (youtube.com)
they didnt measure the PRL charge pipes in vid but pretty sure it's 1/4 inch bigger on both hot and cold sides same as HPS.

when I added my charge pipes with Prl intercooler and inlet I netted 18HP and 14lbs which tells me the HPS do make more power and these are all aluminum and will not suck in and flatten with boost like silicon hoses can..

I preordered the PRL HVI when it was available for presale and going to dyno it to see the gains on just the HVI seperately.

Last edited:

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Both cold and hot side of PRL intercool match OEM so the unless the PRL charge pipe cold side connector is tapered inside it makes no difference.
HSP was only manufacturer with charge pipe available when I ordered. if I had to do it again I would still get the HPS with proven gains.. I was kind of shocked with the AHC video in which they installed PRL HVI AND CHARGE pipes in Mikes ITS and only got 5 more hp and 14 fb torque..
at this point in vid
2024 Acura Integra Type-S // Dyno Result | PRL High Volume Intake & Charge Pipes FL5 DE5 (Part 7) (youtube.com)
they didnt measure the PRL charge pipes in vid but pretty sure it's 1/4 inch bigger on both hot and cold sides same as HPS.

when I added my charge pipes with Prl intercooler and inlet I netted 18HP and 14lbs which tells me the HPS do make more power and these are all aluminum and will not suck in and flatten with boost like silicon hoses can..

I preordered the PRL HVI when it was available for presale and going to dyno it to see the gains on just the HVI seperately.
Well shoot, I should’ve went HPS instead it sounds like.

ITSDAD

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
Close ups of the additional PRL cold side inlet for reference.
I still feel like the rigidity of the full aluminum HPS set would be more beneficial at higher hp applications, but that inlet size difference seems huge.

Also PSA tighten your gear clamps properly, Gridzilla had a boose leak due to an issue with a geae clamp on his cold side I believe.

Screenshot_20240407_074937_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20240407_074945_YouTube.jpg