• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

New to Acura/Honda - question about water in doorsill

egrassel

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra A-Spec
Is this a thing that happens on the Integra? I just bought a 2024 on Wednesday this past week, and its rained every day. When I go to open the door, there are puddles of water in the sill, on the kickplate.

I am coming from a MKZ, and it never had that. In fact no car has ever had water in the sill, just puddled up.

I am concerned, only because eventually water causes rust, AND I live in a climate where it freezes, and I can only imagine a door gettting stuck shut in the winter. I wanted to get that illuminated sill too, but that seems iffy if water is there.

Anyone else experience this, I googled it and saw some civic owners from the past have seen this.

pomegranate

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Mazda 3 Hatch
I think this is an issue with the latest generation Civic Hatch? Maybe it carried over to the liftback in the Integra? I've seen the same issue here.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I think this is an issue with the latest generation Civic Hatch? Maybe it carried over to the liftback in the Integra? I've seen the same issue here.
I think he's saying the door sills not hatch.
I noticed mine are also wet an my ITS but didn't notice this on my 23 Aspec.
I think there is a sound deadening kit that adds foam around the door sills. Maybe this would help?

ChromaPop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai Veloster N; VW GTI's, Mazdaspeed 3, Mini C
Is this a thing that happens on the Integra? I just bought a 2024 on Wednesday this past week, and its rained every day. When I go to open the door, there are puddles of water in the sill, on the kickplate.

I am coming from a MKZ, and it never had that. In fact no car has ever had water in the sill, just puddled up.

I am concerned, only because eventually water causes rust, AND I live in a climate where it freezes, and I can only imagine a door gettting stuck shut in the winter. I wanted to get that illuminated sill too, but that seems iffy if water is there.

Anyone else experience this, I googled it and saw some civic owners from the past have seen this.
I have this in my 2020 Hyundai Veloster N, it is a bit of a nuisance if you live in a rainy area. My other cars like a VW GTI did not seem to have this problem. Car designers should pay attention to this more.

OP
OP

egrassel

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra A-Spec
I actually havent checked the hatch, but I was referring to door sills. I will check the hatch though.
I know its not TECHNICALLY in the car, but its the threshold. Imagine you walking in your house, and everytime you do, theres a puddle of water just there in the jamb.

I was just not sure if it was a common thing, or I should visit the dealer - just seeing a consensus .

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
I see it on the top of the sideskirts when the door is open. The area loves to accumulate dirt as well. I deep clean it every other week because otherwise I would have dark runny streaks down the side of my white car which imo just looks bad.

As far as rusting goes, if it just on the sideskirt as mine is, it can't rust since it's on painted plastic.

OP
OP

egrassel

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra A-Spec
I took a pic. It didn’t rain, this is condensation. It’s actually a lot more water when it rains.

IMG_5082.jpeg

gemini19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec CVT
I have noticed the same issue. Whenever it rains there is a lot of water on the door sill and side skirt.

OP
OP

egrassel

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra A-Spec
I have noticed the same issue. Whenever it rains there is a lot of water on the door sill and side skirt.
thank you for that. It seems like its either a widespread problem or a works as designed problem. I am waiting for a call back from the dealer now.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

A3REDT

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT, 2015 Chevrolet Camaro SS 6
I noticed the same thing on my doorsill. My Audi never did that but they had triple-sealed doors, I do not believe the Integra is nearly as sound/water tight. But to the other poster's point, it's just plastic so I don't worry about it, although I do clean it every now and then.

OP
OP

egrassel

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra A-Spec
I noticed the same thing on my doorsill. My Audi never did that but they had triple-sealed doors, I do not believe the Integra is nearly as sound/water tight. But to the other poster's point, it's just plastic so I don't worry about it, although I do clean it every now and then.
so it seems to be normal. I have noticed the amount of dirt that just accumulates in the hatch and under the hood and door jambs.

Maybe this car just has poor seal around the openings? Makes sense on the amount of road noise. Its just different, I dont want to say poor. Less adequate. Either way the dealer said to bring it by, whatever that means.

Thanks guys

suzysparks

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MDX Type S; Integra Type S, Bronco Sport
At least you have rain. We are 50 days plus of at least 100 degree temps and no end in sight. 🥵 (Sorry, I know, serious questions.)

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
I took a pic. It didn’t rain, this is condensation. It’s actually a lot more water when it rains.

IMG_5082.jpeg
The seal on the right side of your photo is the main door seal. Your experience is by design, not a defect.

OP
OP

egrassel

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra A-Spec
The seal on the right side of your photo is the main door seal. Your experience is by design, not a defect.
being as old as I am, and as many cars as I have had, seems like a weird feature. I havent seen it before and am genuinely concerned about running electrical there, as well as what cold temps would do with that water.

It does seem to be common thing, so as designed seems to be the answer; I just dont like it.