• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

New to Acura/Honda - question about water in doorsill

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
I didnt say a defect from design, just by design. Maybe I should have said not a defect beyond design.

I work with many new engineers and I know honda employs many similar. Drawing parallels with the questions I get to if honda engineers are the same is alarming.

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 TEP ITS
Noticed the same on mine but not losing my sleep about it. I don't see a big deal as long doesn't get inside the cabin.
Not like the G2 Ridgeline that many suffer from water filtration.

OP
OP

egrassel

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra A-Spec
Thanks all for letting me know - based on the sample size, confirmed that it is normal to see it.

Still dont love it, but is what it is.

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
Was like that on my 05 Accord coupe. And it is like that on my 14 Fit.

jchall30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
It could be drainage from inside the door running out onto the sill. Doors are not water tight. Look on the bottom of the door and see if you see drain holes. Just a possibility.

NecroFIesh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra & '07 S2000
We have had a handful of clients here who have the same issue. Some worse than others where moisture is collecting beyond the door sills. We have replaced both the body seal as well as the door seal (either/or) depending on the circumstance and have not heard anything further from the client about it getting any worse...

Keep in mind, these are moisture leaks of much greater size than the ones pictured in this thread. I, myself have a '24 A-Spec model and have noticed small amounts of water on my side skirts and door sills on mornings where it has rained. Nothing serious, just a small amount of what I believe to be either residual or drainage rain water that has collected on the areas mentioned.

If you guys are having situations where the water is entering beyond the door sills or is collecting on or past the door sills in a large amount, take it to a dealer and have them inspect the seals. They should replace them under warranty and advise you to return if you're still having the same issue. Those of you who opted for the illuminated door sill options on A-Spec and Type-S models, this definitely applies to you as those parts carry electrical current.
Hope this helps,

-G

Palut

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
I see similar amounts of water in the door sills of my A-Spec.

I'm blown away even more so by how much dust gets into the for sill area and in around the gas cap. I've never seen anything like it! Just driving an ordinary day through farm country does it. It makes it hard to keep the car clean.

Palut

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
Does anyone worry about the big gaps between the sides of the hood and the tops of the front fenders?

I feel like there should be some kind of barrier there and worry about what could go straight into the engine bay.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!