• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

captlwr

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Acura ILX A-Spec with exterior Mods
a decent ILX costs right at $30,600 and I'm sure the ILX model will be cancelled now for the Integra

I give up Guys, I'm out

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Just noticed this when I was looking at the motor1 image gallery, looks like the roof got a nice design too, they gave it a double bubble roof!
70535CA5-602E-4657-9721-003168D880F8.jpeg
I think that’s an illusion. On all of the videos on the people invited to the live event where they do a walk around, it’s flat.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Yeah that's just the way the stage lights are hitting the roof in that pic.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
This is what the Integra always has been -A Stylish, Civic-based FWD compact car that looked like other Acuras.
Isn't this 5th gen exactly that? It's based on the Civic, has Acura looks, comes in FWD, somewhat stylish
Yes, previous gens were small, but Civics were even smaller back then.
You nailed it. There is a poll in an RSX group asking if “we are the last real Integra now that this new one is really just a crosstour” saying this doesn’t have the spirit of an Integra.

What you said above is the REAL spirit of the integra. And even as a former RSX Type S owner I’ll answer their question like this. Even though in Japan, the DC5 was called Integra. You have an RSX. Technically speaking, this is more of an Integra than what you have.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I think it was SketchMonkey. He has another channel where he just does reviews (as opposed to his main redesign channel) and yea he bashed the Integra design hard for not being a coupe and not having a wing and just totally hated on it for looking anything like any other Acura product.
It was indeed him. I was so annoyed that I told YouTube to never recommend his channel again. Not only was his comment ignorant. But his redesign was terrible lol.

He also said it was a HUGE missed opportunity to not make this a coupe. Which I’ve heard many others say as well. I’ll agree, not making it a coupe was a huge missed opportunity, to lose massive amounts of money.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Watched some of his videos on other cars but I never liked them. He claims he's a professional, but some of the things he does show he has absolutely no knowledge on how cars work and the history of certain iconic vehicles. He has amazing skills tho, can't deny that.
Agree he has great skills as an artist. But a lot of his redesigns are just…. Meh. I get that he’s obviously a hyper purist and tries to make things that look like the originals, but at the sake of making things actually that would work or be possible. Whenever he “redesigns” an older car for the new age, the result is basically the old car with aftermarket LED lights and a body kit. He doesn’t have the foresight to actually evolve the cars he does in the way they would actually have evolved over time. Essentially he makes restomods of old cars. Not actually designs new versions for a new time.

I actually think that’s where a lot of the issues with the new Integra stem from. People are comparing to a 20 or 30 year old car. Standards were different back then. Design trends were different. Regulation and market trends were different. This new Integra is, IMO, exactly where we would have ended up if they’d continued making it for all these years it was MIA. It was never going to be the restomod of the old car people were hoping for.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
This made me chuckle

Snapchat-475748439.jpg
I think they’re really on to something. Since the crosstour is almost 20” longer and 10” taller…

But it was an accord hatchback. And this is a civic hatchback. Sooooo duh?

Last edited:

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Agree he has great skills as an artist. But a lot of his redesigns are just…. Meh. I get that he’s obviously a hyper purist and tries to make things that look like the originals, but at the sake of making things actually that would work or be possible. Whenever he “redesigns” an older car for the new age, the result is basically the old car with aftermarket LED lights and a body kit. He doesn’t have the foresight to actually evolve the cars he does in the way they would actually have evolved over time. Essentially he makes restomods of old cars. Not actually designs new versions for a new time.

I actually think that’s where a lot of the issues with the new Integra stem from. People are comparing to a 20 or 30 year old car. Standards were different back then. Design trends were different. Regulation and market trends were different. This new Integra is, IMO, exactly where we would have ended up if they’d continued making it for all these years it was MIA. It was never going to be the restomod of the old car people were hoping for.
As bullitt said, you can be an artist. But that’s a far thing from a designer.

Also calling him a hyper purist is way to nice. He wasn’t trying to make it look like the original. He probably doesn’t even know there is an Integra that isn’t a 2001 ITR. He tried to put the integra in a design box where only one model in one generation exists. I would have a lot more respect if he actually tried to make it look like a gen 1 original integra. But like you said, he lacks the foresight and is far to close minded to understand evolution of design. Which is why he doesn’t like the new style. He also doesn’t understand regulation changes as you mentioned. He had an issue with the rear bumper size. Wanting it to look like the 2001 ITR. Sorry bud but that small of a bumper wouldn’t pass crash tests in 2022.

Hondu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring - Sonic Gray Pearl
I think this is a solid start- and think Acura will end up with a sales winner... really curious to see the weight and HP numbers... Hoping for the base to maintain the same power/weight as the Gen X Si (~3100 lbs/ ~220hp for the Integra? ) but with Acura creature comforts.

I really want to see the car in person- a few angles seem to have odd proportions, but could just be the effect of the camera.

Thank heavens it has the limited slip dif...

Fingers crossed that the 6MT is made available on the Type S....
I agree. While I wish they started with a de-tuned 2.0T, the 1.5T was pretty much a given with a $30K starting price. Hopefully they can bump the output some like you said (210-220), but I bet it is gonna be 201 HP, which is probably okay with a DCT, but not ideal.

I think the problem with the design was the aggressive roofline on a 5-door. A three door would have looked just right. Maybe they come out with a three door in a year or two, but I’m not holding my breath. :) The thing is, I always thought the four door Integras didn’t look that good. The proportions never seemed right, but the three doors all looked great. This is a solid start and looks better than the Civic. Just need to see it in other colors (blue for me).

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
I agree. While I wish they started with a de-tuned 2.0T, the 1.5T was pretty much a given with a $30K starting price. Hopefully they can bump the output some like you said (210-220), but I bet it is gonna be 201 HP, which is probably okay with a DCT, but not ideal.

I think the problem with the design was the aggressive roofline on a 5-door. A three door would have looked just right. Maybe they come out with a three door in a year or two, but I’m not holding my breath. :) The thing is, I always thought the four door Integras didn’t look that good. The proportions never seemed right, but the three doors all looked great. This is a solid start and looks better than the Civic. Just need to see it in other colors (blue for me).
The Si 1.5T 200HP is right in line with the Audi A3, but this is about 3k cheaper. From what I can tell the FWD A3 does NOT have a LSD either, only the AWD version.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
I see the shifter, parking brake switch and brake hold switch. What else is in this photo?
Door area is different compared to Civic which could imply a different design for it. Seats look to be leather with two tone and might have ultrasuade based on other Acura products. Also I can make out what looks like a metal speaker grill.