• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
Yes the ILX was/is a good car - and it could have been named Integra all along

I just wonder how many on here have even driven an original Integra GS-R let alone a Type R - ITR's came from Factory with no A/C and no Radio .... those were Dealer-installed Options
I mean look how many initially complained the new CTR didn't have all the features a Civic Touring had.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
One comment said “I’ll just buy an ILX”. Which really means “I really wanted it to be $24k and can’t afford 30, so I’ll pretend and convince myself that I hate it because I can’t have it.”
I like the guys that said the new Integra should have a K24 and DCT.... Umm... then get the ILX now...

captlwr

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Acura ILX A-Spec with exterior Mods
I like the guys that said the new Integra should have a K24 and DCT.... Umm... then get the ILX now...

Yep exactly correct!!!

You and I are on the Same Page but we're the 1%

The only item Acura can add (and hopefully will) for the ITS is the Accord 2L Turbo with 252HP

But for now I'll just wait and see and keep my ILX

20ABM06MT

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
I think this is a solid start- and think Acura will end up with a sales winner... really curious to see the weight and HP numbers... Hoping for the base to maintain the same power/weight as the Gen X Si (~3100 lbs/ ~220hp for the Integra? ) but with Acura creature comforts.

I really want to see the car in person- a few angles seem to have odd proportions, but could just be the effect of the camera.

Thank heavens it has the limited slip dif...

Fingers crossed that the 6MT is made available on the Type S....

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
I consider myself acuras target demographic. I’m 33, corporate professional who’s owned Hondas all my driving life (all civics, sedans and coupes). I remember lusting after the RSX as a kid learning to drive. And I’m finally in a place in my life of looking to jump up market into something still reasonably priced, but nicer than a Honda. I wasn’t enthused by the new civic design (too sedate) but was more than willing to consider an Si hatchback with an auto option. But I also liked the features the sport touring hatch offered.

Regardless of name ILX, Integra, RSX. This car appeals to me. It gives me essentially what will amount to a better looking Si hatchback with an available automatic. Along with more of the features seen on the sport touring civic hatch. Given the glowing reviews of the new civic, I have no doubts this car will be a big upgrade over my 2019 civic EX coupe. And while I’d love another coupe, I can forgive the 4 doors thanks to the very coupe-like shape of the car. I’m literally the target market for this vehicle and overall from what we’ve seen, they’ve mostly nailed it in the places where Honda came up short on the civic for me.

And that’s really the point of any entry level premium model. To get younger buyers to switch up market from the mainstream counterpart.

I also want to add. The car that people seem to not be comparing this to, that in my mind is going to be a more direct competitor is the Mazda3 hatchback. Especially as Mazda moves upmarket in the coming years. Which is a good reason for Acura to make SH-AWD available and give it a power bump over the Si tune. For similar money to a base Integra (and even a tech or A spec) the AWD 250hp Mazda3 hatch exists with a very premium feeling cabin and spot on styling IMO. Once Mazda makes its full shift upmarket, that will be this cars closest cross-shop competitor, even more so than the more luxury focused German brands.

Last edited:

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
Just noticed this when I was looking at the motor1 image gallery, looks like the roof got a nice design too, they gave it a double bubble roof!
70535CA5-602E-4657-9721-003168D880F8.jpeg

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
Yep exactly correct!!!

You and I are on the Same Page but we're the 1%

The only item Acura can add (and hopefully will) for the ITS is the Accord 2L Turbo with 252HP

But for now I'll just wait and see and keep my ILX
I'm personally hoping more for the 272 or a tweaked CTR version of the 2.0T, but more than that I'm hoping they keep the 6spd as an option with that engine too. If the S is a "adult' version of the R I'll be VERY happy.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
Just noticed this when I was looking at the motor1 image gallery, looks like the roof got a nice design too, they gave it a double bubble roof!
70535CA5-602E-4657-9721-003168D880F8.jpeg
I think that's a reflection of the lighting.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
The Concept everyone has in there mind of what the Integra should be is always the 2 door versions. They never look past the ITR just because it’s some type of holy grail model that’s been in Video games and movies of the late 90’s early 00’s. It’s funny because I feel like if fans of the Integra actually loved the model they would know more about the history of it. Like how the first Gen five door was actually internally called a Notchback. Most “fans” of the integra don’t know that or anything about that model.

When you go to Cars and Coffee and they have a whole row of Integra’s all the ITR fans would see a five door and they would dismiss it. I know this because I’ve seen it all the time and it makes me laugh how deeply they invest just only thinking of ITR.
Perfectly said. The ones complaining calling themselves integra fans aren’t really fans at all. They don’t know anything about the history beyond the one model they use in Forza.
Exactly my thoughts.
What those "fans" want is basically a supra/Z type coupe with 90s Integra design and aftermarket fender flares. Oh and a $30K price tag, too.
And they will still complain that it's FWD based and slower than Supra and Z in a drag race.

This is what the Integra always has been -A Stylish, Civic-based FWD compact car that looked like other Acuras.
Isn't this 5th gen exactly that? It's based on the Civic, has Acura looks, comes in FWD, somewhat stylish
Yes, previous gens were small, but Civics were even smaller back then.

They don't know and they don't care.
They keep saying they want the "real" Integra back, but what they want isn't even close to the real Integra.
IF Infiniti renamed Q50/Q60 to Skyline, those same fans would burn down Nissan headquarter saying they want 4dr GTR. In reality, that's what the Q50/60 have always been and the R35 GTR came out of nowhere.

"fans"

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
I just watched a YouTube guy with over 300k subs photoshop it. His looked like absolute crap. But that wasn’t the funny part. He said “it doesn’t have 2 doors and doesn’t have a wing, so it’s not a real Integra.” Wow. What an idiot.

One comment said “I’ll just buy an ILX”. Which really means “I really wanted it to be $24k and can’t afford 30, so I’ll pretend and convince myself that I hate it because I can’t have it.”
No way ??some really said that?!?!

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
No way ??some really said that?!?!
I think it was SketchMonkey. He has another channel where he just does reviews (as opposed to his main redesign channel) and yea he bashed the Integra design hard for not being a coupe and not having a wing and just totally hated on it for looking anything like any other Acura product.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
I think it was SketchMonkey. He has another channel where he just does reviews (as opposed to his main redesign channel) and yea he bashed the Integra design hard for not being a coupe and not having a wing and just totally hated on it for looking anything like any other Acura product.
Why am I not surprised. All the other reviewers are praising it. Even myself.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
Watched some of his videos on other cars but I never liked them. He claims he's a professional, but some of the things he does show he has absolutely no knowledge on how cars work and the history of certain iconic vehicles. He has amazing skills tho, can't deny that.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
Watched some of his videos on other cars but I never liked them. He claims he's a professional, but some of the things he does show he has absolutely no knowledge on how cars work and the history of certain iconic vehicles. He has amazing skills tho, can't deny that.
Yeah, being an artist does NOT mean you are a designer.