• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Nessism

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 EX-T Civic
Give me a nice tech auto, quality interior materials, Bose sound, and I'll likely buy. My '17 EX-T is great to drive and I don't need much more in terms of power but the interior quality and audio system disappoints. Guys looking for an all out sports car at this price point don't know the market; most Civic buyers take the 2L engine with CVT and love those cars. Acura doesn't want to target the tiny buff boy market were there aren't many sales. They are in the business of business (making money) and know what butters their bread.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Give me a nice tech auto, quality interior materials, Bose sound, and I'll likely buy. My '17 EX-T is great to drive and I don't need much more in terms of power but the interior quality and audio system disappoints. Guys looking for an all out sports car at this price point don't know the market; most Civic buyers take the 2L engine with CVT and love those cars. Acura doesn't want to target the tiny buff boy market were there aren't many sales. They are in the business of business (making money) and know what butters their bread.
Great point. All these people complaining because it isn’t a ricer aren’t Acura’s target anyway. Plus they probably can’t afford it.

People who grew up with the integra, new or used, are 35+ now and don’t want a cheap screamer with no tq.

captlwr

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Acura ILX A-Spec with exterior Mods
I personally think Acura blew it with the "name" - they should have named it as "The New ILX" or should have re-named it as "RSX" but INTEGRA has so many emotional ties with it that the name alone brought out the Haters. Integras were always based on the Civic Platform but they never looked the same and always had slightly different engines - this is a Civic Si in Hatchback form with Acura Badging

They are going to HAVE TO cancel the ILX Model anyway when this one arrives - models are too close to sall one along with the other

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
I personally think Acura blew it with the "name" - they should have named it as "The New ILX" or should have re-named it as "RSX" but INTEGRA has so many emotional ties with it that the name alone brought out the Haters. Integras were always based on the Civic Platform but they never looked the same and always had slightly different engines - this is a Civic Si in Hatchback form with Acura Badging

They are going to HAVE TO cancel the ILX Model anyway when this one arrives - models are too close to sall one along with the other
Yep. I'm one of those people. When I bought my first gen Integra, I knew it had the Civic underpinnings to an extent but inside and out it looked completey different. I loved those pop up headlights. It also had a much more fun and high revving engine and better handling.

It was a small, tossable car. Not fast, but ridiculously fun to wind the engine to redline. Those are my memories of my Riviera Blue Integra LS manual 3 door. One of my all time favorite cars. Having bought it after my 1st gen CRX, it was a big upgrade.

The new Integra doesn't look like an Integra or an RSX in any way. It's a reskinned Civic hatch. I just wish it was a bit smaller, not the 3200 or so pound car it probably will be. Then again, I'm in the minority. These days most people like bigger vehicles.

I will say the more I look at it, it's much better looking than the new Civic hatch.

captlwr

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yep. I'm one of those people. When I bought my first gen Integra, I knew it had the Civic underpinnings to an extent but inside and out it looked completey different. I loved those pop up headlights. It also had a much more fun and high revving engine and better handling.

It was a small, tossable car. Not fast, but ridiculously fun to wind the engine to redline. Those are my memories of my Riviera Blue Integra LS manual 3 door. One of my all time favorite cars. Having bought it after my 1st gen CRX, it was a big upgrade.

The new Integra doesn't look like an Integra or an RSX in any way. It's a reskinned Civic hatch. I just wish it was a bit smaller, not the 3200 or so pound car it probably will be. Then again, I'm in the minority. These days most people like bigger vehicles.

I will say the more I look at it, it's much better looking than the new Civic hatch.
Well it and the 2022 Civic Hatch are both 3" SHORTER than my 2019 ILX so it didn't get bigger, but my ILX is the exact same size as my 1987 BMW M5 and that was classed as a FULL-size Sedan in 1987. My ILX is 3044 pounds with the DC Auto. They "named" it wrong based on an Emotional Marketing Strategy and that decision is going to come back and hurt them

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Bigger in the eyes of old timers like me who owned and loved those small Integras back in the day.

unnamed-01.jpeg

Clearly, Honda's marketing strategists aren't worrying about getting actual former Integra owners onboard. They named it Integra because it was a beloved nameplate that helped launch the Acura brand and they're hoping it turns around the Acura brand a bit now.

Last edited:

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
Well it and the 2022 Civic Hatch are both 3" SHORTER than my 2019 ILX so it didn't get bigger, but my ILX is the exact same size as my 1987 BMW M5 and that was classed as a FULL-size Sedan in 1987. My ILX is 3044 pounds with the DC Auto. They "named" is wrong based on an Emotional Marketing Strategy and that decision is going to come back and hurt them
Just saying im the target demographic for this new Integra and I couldn’t be more excited. Naming it Integra definitely got me more excited too as I can finally say I own one.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Anyone else getting a kick out of these haters comparing a 4 door base integra to a 2 door type r and crying “it looks nothing like an integra!” Lol. Duh! Way to compare an Apple to an orange and complain that they don’t look the same because they’re both fruit. Did they really expect Acura to release a 2001 integra clone? To small and weak. It would NEVER sell. Sorry to the 27 people that want a 2 door. No one else does.

Last edited:

captlwr

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Anyone else getting a kick out of these haters comparing a 4 door base integra to a 2 door type r and crying “it looks nothing like an integra!” Lol. Did they really expect Acura to release a 2001 integra clone? To small and weak. It would NEVER sell. Sorry to the 27 people that want a 2 door. No one else does.
I still think it may have been a BIG Marketing mistake to "name" this INTEGRA instead of ILX - there are too many emational ties to Integra - emotional ties related to the models those emotional ties remember

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
I think the main generations they are aiming for on the new Integra are the Millennial’s and Gen Z. I’m sure some of the original buyers of the first gen Integra might buy them but Acura/Honda is marketing it as “A new era for a New Generation” or something like that. I personally love the way it looks. Do I see a little bit of Honda in it? Sure but then again it has this Acura presence that distinguishes the two and I’m sure it’ll carry on a little bit on the interior front.

When I first sat in the new Civic Hatchback I was impressed with how the model felt so clean and luxurious. Then I kind of realized at that point that in some capacity when the Civic was being developed in Japan the Integra was fully being built next to it. There are some pictures that make it look amazing and some not so much.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Anyone else getting a kick out of these haters comparing a 4 door base integra to a 2 door type r and crying “it looks nothing like an integra!” Lol. Did they really expect Acura to release a 2001 integra clone? To small and weak. It would NEVER sell. Sorry to the 27 people that want a 2 door. No one else does.
The Concept everyone has in there mind of what the Integra should be is always the 2 door versions. They never look past the ITR just because it’s some type of holy grail model that’s been in Video games and movies of the late 90’s early 00’s. It’s funny because I feel like if fans of the Integra actually loved the model they would know more about the history of it. Like how the first Gen five door was actually internally called a Notchback. Most “fans” of the integra don’t know that or anything about that model.

When you go to Cars and Coffee and they have a whole row of Integra’s all the ITR fans would see a five door and they would dismiss it. I know this because I’ve seen it all the time and it makes me laugh how deeply they invest just only thinking of ITR.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I still think it may have been a BIG Marketing mistake to "name" this INTEGRA instead of ILX - there are too many emational ties to Integra - emotional ties related to the models those emotional ties remember
ILX was a failure. Integra is the perfect name to increase sales of their compact 4 door. Anyone with real emotional ties to the name love that it’s back. People who don’t are just mad that they can’t afford it tbh.

Guess what folks. The 3rd gen looked NOTHING like the boxy 1st gen that had flip lights. Did people call the 3rd gen a fake integra? No. Because evolution of design is a thing. This is a real integra because Acura said it is. It’s that simple. Dry your tears.

Reactions: HKF

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
The Concept everyone has in there mind of what the Integra should be is always the 2 door versions. They never look past the ITR just because it’s some type of holy grail model that’s been in Video games and movies of the late 90’s early 00’s. It’s funny because I feel like if fans of the Integra actually loved the model they would know more about the history of it. Like how the first Gen five door was actually internally called a Notchback. Most “fans” of the integra don’t know that or anything about that model.

When you go to Cars and Coffee and they have a whole row of Integra’s all the ITR fans would see a five door and they would dismiss it. I know this because I’ve seen it all the time and it makes me laugh how deeply they invest just only thinking of ITR.
Perfectly said. The ones complaining calling themselves integra fans aren’t really fans at all. They don’t know anything about the history beyond the one model they use in Forza.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Perfectly said. The ones complaining calling themselves integra fans aren’t really fans at all. They don’t know anything about the history beyond the one model they use in Forza.
“Beyond the one model they use in Forza” has me laughing hard ??

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
I love how people were also hating on the RSX when it came out as a "fat pig that's just a slow heavy Si" until the Type-S come out then everyone suddenly loved the car but hated the price.