• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Not big on the current Acura design language on the front end. The proportions feel off.

Overall, I'm excited about the potential it has.

It's an Si hatchback with more plush interior, cool. Considering the driving characteristics of the gen xi Civic hatch, adding LSD and more power out the box should make this a fun car.

I still want to see what turbo it and the si get (might be like Xgen and be bigger), and if higher trims will get the 2.0t, awd, Brembo, etc

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 SI
Integra being on the side is just so people don't instantly think Civic when seeing the side profile.

Also, the new Teggy being small? It is a mid-size car and is, most likely, going to be over 3k lbs.

Overall, meh.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
Integra being on the side is just so people don't instantly think Civic when seeing the side profile.

Also, the new Teggy being small? It is a mid-size car and is, most likely, going to be over 3k lbs.

Overall, meh.
Well the Civic Touring is already 3,077 so even just adding the LSD and bigger Si brakes will put it over 3,100. It's going to be a little lighter than the Audi A3 though and a few K cheaper.

Spunkster

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
17 CTR, 2x 98 ITR's, 88 Integra, 06 RSX Type S
First keep in mind I still drive an 88 Integra, have 2 ITR's and a CTR.

Everyone keeps saying we shouldn't have expected anything better since it was based on the Civic. Must I remind you that ALL previous Integras and the RSX were also based on the Civic, and were more inspiring and unique than the car revealed yesterday.

Acura had a very good opportunity and dropped the ball hard.

I spoke to an Acura rep a few weeks back about cars and integras and I was asked if I was excited about the upcoming release of the new Integra, and I was honest and said no, as Acura has disappointed too many times in the past. She knew exactly what I was talking about and started mentioning examples withou my prompting. Upon seeing the reveal, I see no carryovers from the old Integra and no family resemblance in any way.

I have zero interest in this new Integra, and I am an Integra enthusiast who has owned every generation of Integra ever made.

It does not appear that this new Integra was ever looked at or considered by any target groups to see what the reaction would be.

Last edited:

staylurkn

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM/E DE5
Exactly what I thought it would be. It's a handsome car that's close enough in ethos to the original Integra's to be worthy of the name.
Fastback, hatch, fwd, LSD, manual, Civic underneath. And it'll be relatively light.
Genuinely excited for this. Hope they come correct with the Type S.

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
I like it, kind of... but then I also kind of don't. Something about the profile is putting me off. Maybe the roof just seems a bit high? Almost giving me Nissan Versa roof vibes. I do hope the base engine gets a much needed power bump, even if it's the same 1.5L from the Si. 200 is not cutting it, maybe ~230 hp and 220 torque, but that's me dreaming lol.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
First keep in mind I still drive an 88 Integra, have 2 ITR's and a CTR.

Everyone keeps saying we shouldn't have expected anything better since it was based on the Civic. Must I remind you that ALL previous Integras and the RSX were also based on the Civic, and were more inspiring and unique than the car revealed yesterday.

Acura had a very good opportunity and dropped the ball hard.

I spoke to an Acura rep a few weeks back about cars and integras and I was asked if I was excited about the upcoming release of the new Integra, and I was honest and said no, as Acura has disappointed too many times in the past. She knew exactly what I was talking about and started mentioning examples with my prompting. Upon seeing the reveal, I see no carryovers from the old Integra and no family resemblance in any way.

I have zero interest in this new Integra, and I am an Integra enthusiast who has owned every generation of Integra ever made.

IT does not appear that this new Integra was ever looked at or considered by any target groups to see what the reaction would be.
Since you're rationally providing reasons unlike all the people on social media right now, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this new Integra.
So, how do you think they should have done it?

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
We all should also keep in mind that this was specifically called a “prototype” and not X trim for a reason. Usually things called a prototype aren’t this close to production.

I think that is so they can measure online feedback. There is only so much market research you can do in secret. This will get them many more opinions which they can use to make adjustments, because that wasn’t a final version.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Also, I hope the infotainment is better than what's in the TLX. Infotainments that are non-touchscreen are so infuriating. Especially if you're trying to use CarPlay.
Im torn on this part. I like the non touch screen from the no fingerprint or scratches element. But I’m not a fan of the Acura 1:1 touch pad. It’ll most likelybe closer to the civic than the tlx though so I’d assume touch screen.

Spunkster

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Since you're rationally providing reasons unlike all the people on social media right now, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this new Integra.
So, how do you think they should have done it?
It should be much more unique and aggressive in it's appearance. It should also start out with the 2.0L turbo on all trims instead of the 1.5. Cars can share a platform and still be very different and unique and this has not happened at all.

I fell in love with the shape and design of the Integra in 1986, and have owned them all and even let Magazines use my cars in the articles celebrating the 20's anniversary of the Integra/Acura back in the summer of 2006 as well as others. I owned a 92 Integra GSR and found it a wonderful car that was the first vehicle in the attainable price range that had VTEC. I still own 2 98 Integra Type R's that I love, and wouldn't trade them for anything. It was the pinnacle of Acura in my opinion. I've owned an 06 RSX Type S as well and while it was an ok car, it lacked what the old Integra was and felt cheap and bulky and underwhelming with suspension that was inferior in EVERY possible way. It also lacked refinement and still had a tape deck in 2006 with no option for navigation....no wonder it didn't sell well or compete with other similar vehicles at the time. The only car I've ever purchased new was the 17 Civic Type R, and it is a great car, but still does not give me the same pleasure that my 98 ITR's do.

The car revealed yesterday was just plain and not exciting in any way that makes me want to purchase one or get even slightly excited for it's release. Other manufacturers are releasing cars that bring back nostalgia of their predecessors and doing so with great success. Acura has failed at this with this car.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
It should be much more unique and aggressive in it's appearance. It should also start out with the 2.0L turbo on all trims instead of the 1.5. Cars can share a platform and still be very different and unique and this has not happened at all.

I fell in love with the shape and design of the Integra in 1986, and have owned them all and even let Magazines use my cars in the articles celebrating the 20's anniversary of the Integra/Acura back in the summer of 2006 as well as others. I owned a 92 Integra GSR and found it a wonderful car that was the first vehicle in the attainable price range that had VTEC. I still own 2 98 Integra Type R's that I love, and wouldn't trade them for anything. It was the pinnacle of Acura in my opinion. I've owned an 06 RSX Type S as well and while it was an ok car, it lacked what the old Integra was and felt cheap and bulky and underwhelming with suspension that was inferior in EVERY possible way. It also lacked refinement and still had a tape deck in 2006 with no option for navigation....no wonder it didn't sell well or compete with other similar vehicles at the time. The only car I've ever purchased new was the 17 Civic Type R, and it is a great car, but still does not give me the same pleasure that my 98 ITR's do.

The car revealed yesterday was just plain and not exciting in any way that makes me want to purchase one or get even slightly excited for it's release. Other manufacturers are releasing cars that bring back nostalgia of their predecessors and doing so with great success. Acura has failed at this with this car.
I do understand where you’re coming from and not wrong in some parts. Things change. Turbo gives much more usable power than a screemer. Those days are gone. But it’s evolution, not abandonment.

Also consider that the cars you’ve mentioned, GSR, Type R, Type S. You’re comparing those to a base prototype. I’m sure the Type S here will be more aggressive and interesting and closer to what you’re used to.

Spunkster

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I do understand where you’re coming from and not wrong in some parts. Things change. Turbo gives much more usable power than a screemer. Those days are gone. But it’s evolution, not abandonment.

Also consider that the cars you’ve mentioned, GSR, Type R, Type S. You’re comparing those to a base prototype. I’m sure the Type S here will be more aggressive and interesting and closer to what you’re used to.
Not holding my breath for the Type S being much more inspiring as the chassis will still be the same.

Hondu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring - Sonic Gray Pearl
Not holding my breath for the Type S being much more inspiring as the chassis will still be the same.
What is wrong with the chassis? Haven’t really read any complaints about the Si or Type R having poor handling.

in fact, Savagegeese think the hatchback is outstanding.

Last edited:

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2022 Civic Sedan Touring
It's going to be a little lighter than the Audi A3 though and a few K cheaper.
It will be MANY K cheaper as it won't break near as soon! lol

Also, I hope the infotainment is better than what's in the TLX. Infotainments that are non-touchscreen are so infuriating. Especially if you're trying to use CarPlay.
Ya, the new system in the GenXI is awesome. I would NOT want to go to a knob or pad or whatever. I have tried using them and it is way more intuitive when your screen also works proper and fast. Which the new GenXI absolutely does.

What is wrong with the chassis? Haven’t really read any complaints about the Si or Type R having poor handling.

in fact, Savagegeese think the hatchback is outstanding.
I own a Touring Sedan and man, they are awesome. You can hate on the looks all you want but my butt dyno/g-meter says Much fun! Very Go! Add more power, LSD and manual? There is no way it won't be even more fun.