• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Moonroof in type S possible in future?

Khyle785

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra 2023, Toyota MR2 1987
I was wondering if anyone had any insight as to whether the new type S will have a moonroof in the future if not for this release? I am considering trading in my current, a spec Integra for the type S, but I am set on having a moonroof. Does anyone think that future releases will include one?
Also, since I plan to trade in my new Integra with 3500 miles will it depreciate a ton if I wait another year?

Iā€™m so torn what to do here!

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
Itā€™s not in the FL5, and I wouldnā€™t expect Acura to to back and evaluate the change in structural rigidity caused by cutting a hole in the roof.

If you need a moon roof, it looks like youā€™re keeping your A-Spec.

OP
OP
Khyle785

Khyle785

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I really want the S though but I love having moonroof šŸ˜­

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT
This sounds just like the movie Shallow Hal. One of the main characters finds a beautiful babe gf that has everything going for her, but then breaks up bc her second toe is longer than her big toe.

I meanā€¦seriously.

OP
OP
Khyle785

Khyle785

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honestly I wanted a higher powered sport car originally but needed a new car asap when my g37s started cropping up with all kinds of issues with the transmission and engine . I wound up, selling that car and so I needed to find an alternative car on quick notice, noticed Integra was back on the market and jumped up to get it but I had to make the concession of the less horsepower . in the back of my head, I have been missing the power of my G 37s. Shortly after I bought the A spec, I heard the news of the S version and the horsepower and once I saw all the specs I was convinced that I had acted too quickly and bought the wrong car. The only thing I would have preferred to have would be a sunroof ā€¦so I may have to just live without and trade that for more power.

jsntercero

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Civic SI 2015
I have a 2015 Si sedan and I have a moonroof/sunroof with it and I've noticed I've only ever used it at the beginning when I first got it and now I don't use it at all. Ill gladly trade the moonroof/sunroof for the extra power and I get that its preference but its also something I see a potential problem down the road so its just one less thing to worry about tbh. but thats just me

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I have a 2015 Si sedan and I have a moonroof/sunroof with it and I've noticed I've only ever used it at the beginning when I first got it and now I don't use it at all. Ill gladly trade the moonroof/sunroof for the extra power and I get that its preference but its also something I see a potential problem down the road so its just one less thing to worry about tbh. but thats just me
Same. Used it a few times. I'm more worried about leaving it open and rain getting inside. Especially since you can lower the windows and open the moon roof with the key fob but you have to close it manually.
I also wish the rain sensors closed everything up.

OP
OP
Khyle785

Khyle785

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Same. Used it a few times. I'm more worried about leaving it open and rain getting inside. Especially since you can lower the windows and open the moon roof with the key fob but you have to close it manually.
I also wish the rain sensors closed everything up.
Aww good points to make - I'm just a big fan of moonroofs I have an mr2 i bought with aftermarket sunroof and I would take that over the hardtop any day so I may look into after market options :) But maybe its a woman vs man preference too? hehe

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
Rumor has it the extra power of the K20 was causing chassis twist and cracking the moonroofs so they got deleted.

Could be revisited in next (12th) gen but thatā€™s a ways off 2029/2030 and far from guaranteed.

Rdrcr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (Reserved)
I actually use them quite often though but to each their own haha
You could always wire and mount a large LCD screen to the headliner and project whatever image you prefer to simulate a sunroof! ;)

Mike

Last edited:

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
Rumor has it the extra power of the K20 was causing chassis twist and cracking the moonroofs so they got deleted.

Could be revisited in next (12th) gen but thatā€™s a ways off 2029/2030 and far from guaranteed.
Lol all that torque. Dont believe the fud. Civic chassis is not made out of noodles