• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Yeah and it doesn't seem that high credit matters. At all.

I second trying credit union. I won't pretend to understand what math goes into calculating these rates, but dating back to the early-mid 2000s, I've gone through Navy Federal because their rates were always S tier. That all changed in the 2010s until now, where I was somehow quite pleased to land a 5.04% for 72 months. I know that's way off the 2-4% I've been used to for years but all things considered, not bad.

I did submit an application to see what the dealer could do, and got a "we can't come close" to the rate I got through Navy Fed.
It's not terribly complicated. The federal funds rate (or the main benchmark interest rate) influences short-term consumer lending interest rates. Private lenders use the benchmark interest rate to set their own rates. The fed funds rate is substantially higher today than it was in years past. When the Federal Reserve raises interest rates at the FOMC meetings, expect to pay more to borrow money. Yesterday's price is not today's price.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
It's not terribly complicated. The federal funds rate (or the main benchmark interest rate) influences short-term consumer lending interest rates. Private lenders use the benchmark interest rate to set their own rates. The fed funds rate is substantially higher today than it was in years past. When the Federal Reserve raises interest rates at the FOMC meetings, expect to pay more to borrow money. Yesterday's price is not today's price.
blah-michael-scott.gif

You said a lot of words, none of which explained why Navy Federal Credit Union's rates were the lowest around, then they were higher than Bank of America's rates for 10 years until suddenly they weren't anymore.

Before you try to- know that I don't care! I got a good rate, relative to today. I was recommending others try the same route I did.

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
blah-michael-scott.gif

You said a lot of words, none of which explained why Navy Federal Credit Union's rates were the lowest around, then they were higher than Bank of America's rates for 10 years until suddenly they weren't anymore.

Before you try to- know that I don't care! I got a good rate, relative to today. I was recommending others try the same route I did.
Do Civilians qualify?

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

ender_ong

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 Ridgeline RTLE white/black, 24 DE5 white/black
Wasn't there someone's name you need to drop for MSRP?
not that I know of, unless someone else does?

i was working with one of the sales guys there, solid, transparent, been there over a decade. He’s not happy about this particular change in strategy for the ITS because this specific dealership (used to) pride itself on being a strictly MSRP dealership. FOMO is real

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
not that I know of, unless someone else does?

i was working with one of the sales guys there, solid, transparent, been there over a decade. He’s not happy about this particular change in strategy for the ITS because this specific dealership (used to) pride itself on being a strictly MSRP dealership. FOMO is real
Maybe you can negotiate? I'm getting tint and ppf so that's pushing $3k

Rdrcr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (Reserved)
Yeah, but I think @ optronix comment was more referring to the rate he got vs. the rate quoted to the other forum member which was over 8% with exceptional credit while he himself (I believe similar credit) was getting 4.50%.

I find it interesting that the interest rates fluctuate so much from institution to institution and region to region.

Mike

Patio208

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Mustang Shelby GT 500
Odd indeed, I gave the dealer a shot to beat my credit union. Interestingly enough they did by a decent amount, over a whole point better.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Odd indeed, I gave the dealer a shot to beat my credit union. Interestingly enough they did by a decent amount, over a whole point better.
Exactly. Navy Federal hasn’t always been the lowest rate, in fact I almost gave up on them for a good long while. Interestingly enough, it coincided with right around when I got out of the Navy... They came through this time though.

Do Civilians qualify?
Yeah sorry, probably should have specified. Technically yes, Civilians can qualify- but only if you work in a federal or contractor role directly supporting the Navy.

Your immediate family can also sponsor you. My kids for example can have Navy Federal accounts.

So yeah, maybe not Navy Federal specifically, but right now perhaps the best chance at a decent rate is through some sort of Federal credit union.

TeggyTypeS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S LCM/Red
Navy Fed is great. That’s who financed my current Integra and I’ll likely go through them again. $299 gap insurance is like 800-1000 less than what dealers are charging.

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Navy Fed is great. That’s who financed my current Integra and I’ll likely go through them again. $299 gap insurance is like 800-1000 less than what dealers are charging.
My auto insurance has new vehicle replacement 2 year /20k miles for $8 a year.

Hakmamba

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000, T4R V8, Prius Prime, Integra Type S
I actually work for a Credit Union, although not in consumer lending aspect of it, I do finance all my cars through my employer (home as well). I can tell you that for our CU, they do not play games in terms of rates etc, what you see on the website is what applies to all new or used. As it pertaints to our CU, if you score 700+, you are already going to get the best rate found on the website or local branch, the only other major deciding factors come down to debt to income ratio and or amount being financed etc and some other variables. Navy FED is the nations largest CU in terms of membership (armed forces, family etc) but unless you have that connection it won't apply to you. Just shop around be smart, CU's do offer a few advantages such over your traditional FI or fintech lender, but the caveat is that you also have to be able to qualify to be a member of that CU. Membership requirements are usually based on some relation (school, work) , or the area you live in (county, city). Having said that 8% seems quite high.

TeggyTypeS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S LCM/Red
Regal Acura- Lakeland Fl
Demo ITS +$5900 in accessories and $5000 Regal protection package. They didn’t specify what that entails but unless it’s full PPF and ceramic you might as well call that a $5k ADM.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Regal Acura- Lakeland Fl
They didn’t specify what that entails but unless it’s full PPF and ceramic you might as well call that a $5k ADM.
That's the right way to look at it! Group it in with nitrogen in your tires, and all the anti-theft devices other dealerships make a killing on.