• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Gbsn721

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 CTR
You can add Acura of Lafayette to the good dealer list, going to pick mine up next weekend.

$2000 below MSRP. + MSRP on Launch Edition Accessories.

Was Launch Edition, so it was loaded with accessories, donno if they would have been on the invoice otherwise.

Gave me a pretty good trade in offer aswell.

One other note, this was the initial offer they sent me.

IMG_2306.jpeg

image_0.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
You can add Acura of Lafayette to the good dealer list, going to pick mine up next weekend.

$2000 below MSRP. + MSRP on Launch Edition Accessories.

Was Launch Edition, so it was loaded with accessories, donno if they would have been on the invoice otherwise.

Gave me a pretty good trade in offer aswell.

One other note, this was the initial offer they sent me.

IMG_2306.jpeg

image_0.jpeg
Did they tell you how much one is without accessories?

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
There might be deals to be had on available demo units that aren't already sold. These are tricks dealers play. I feel like the markups are going to all but go away, and some might report discounts on cars with no accessories.

A couple things I've noticed over the years of buying WAY too many cars through dealerships; one, they will frequently lay traps to capture people willing to overspend, especially when they have the luxury of time. I remember throwing an absolute fit with my sales guy when I traded in a car I thought I got lowballed on for $67k, and a couple days later I caught it advertised on their site for $87k. I called my sales guy out on it immediately, and he put me in touch with the GM who said it's just something they do while the car is being "reconditioned", and it isn't technically available for sale anyway. I still call BS on this, there was no "reconditioning" needed to be done to that car, it had 7k miles on it and was already certified... so my guess is they'll do it any chance they get on a recent trade-in they know they don't have to move for 90 days. I watched it like a hawk until it wasn't on their site anymore. They ended up selling it about a month later, after dropping the price to ~78k. Still feel like I got ripped off but... I should eventually learn my lesson. Dealers are not your friends.

The demo cars are another example of this; they couldn't let them off the lot for 30 days anyway, so why not ask a ridiculous ADM and see if anyone bites? A week before I found my car, one local dealer did offer me their demo car at MSRP (including the same litany of accessories), but if I wanted to order a new one it was a $5k ADM (that they backed off to $3k on when pressed). They were asking $5k ADM on the demo up to that point.

Another thing, is that Acura dealerships are not high volume. But they want to be. I feel like any car that people are even considering paying an overage on they will want to move and move quickly. I know Acura has claimed they'll only be building a certain volume but I feel like that's dumb. It's not good business to put a restrictor on the volume of manufacturing. As far as I can tell, there isn't anything super special with the manufacturing process of these cars, so my guess is if the demand is anything as strong as we feel like it is right now, they'll just produce a higher volume of Type S's and push out a few base Integras or TLX's that are sitting on lots. It's been stated numerous times that "Acura has a winner on their hands", that they've "revitalized the brand" with the ITS. I know that's shit we want to hear as owners/potential owners, but from a business perspective if there is indeed demand on this car they'll up the production, and the dealers want to sell cars.

All this to say, folks should stand their ground on this one and not pay $70k for this car. Especially with used car prices dropping and expected to continue to drop, chip shortages going away and supply coming back to pre-pandemic levels.

Don't pay an ADM.

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 TEP ITS
I can confirm that
Crown Acura in Richmond VA sells the ITS at MSRP plus some none negotiable paint protection fees. I was there this week and test drove their demo. They told me is their policy to sell all their cars at MRP.
They have another dealer in georgia with the same rules called Nalley Acura.

Just arrived from AutoNation Acura in Sanford Florida. They had a ITS that were about to close a deal with a guy that agreed to pay 60k.
In front of that dealer is a Honda and they had a SGP Civic Type R at 58k.
If you really want the platform and your are willing to pay markups the ITS in this case was a great deal. Hopefully this should bring down the CTR prices.

Rdrcr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (Reserved)
Acura Lynnwood is no longer msrp. They require 3k accessories
Yep. I passed when it was MSRP plus $681 Carter Protection Package (mats, liner, wheel locks). They werenā€™t interested in removing those items from the deal or throwing those items in for free.

To be clear, Iā€™m ONLY interested in purchasing the ITS (or any other vehicle) for ā€˜trueā€™ MSRP. Carter Acura has earned a Pinocchio in my opinion.

Luckily, Iā€™m in the position where I donā€™t ā€˜needā€™ a new vehicle so I can wait this hype and chaos out for as long as it lasts. I do believe these vehicles (and others) will be available for true MSRP (or below) eventually.

Mike

Szszcool

First Name
Sz
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tesla my
Yep. I passed when it was MSRP plus $681 Carter Protection Package (mats, liner, wheel locks). They werenā€™t interested in removing those items from the deal or throwing those items in for free.

To be clear, Iā€™m ONLY interested in purchasing the ITS (or any other vehicle) for ā€˜trueā€™ MSRP. Carter Acura has earned a Pinocchio in my opinion.

Luckily, Iā€™m in the position where I donā€™t ā€˜needā€™ a new vehicle so I can wait this hype and chaos out for as long as it lasts. I do believe these vehicles (and others) will be available for true MSRP (or below) eventually.

Mike
Forgot to mention they have a 50+ waitlist

Rdrcr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (Reserved)
Forgot to mention they have a 50+ waitlist
Yeah, because folks think they are MSRP!
I wonder how that list will become affected once the word gets out regarding the $3K mandatory accessories is more commonly known?

I was originally #1 on their ITS list...

Mike

vexingv

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS LCM/Red; '16 BMW M235-xdrive

Mike
Wow. You were first on their list and passed due to a $681 package of mat, liners, wheel locks?!?! I, and I'm sure tons of other people, would have jumped on a deal like that and even better if with a local dealership. At the time, I contacted them back in May, the dealership was only selling to in-state buyers.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Wow. You were first on their list and passed due to a $681 package of mat, liners, wheel locks?!?! I, and I'm sure tons of other people, would have jumped on a deal like that and even better if with a local dealership. At the time, I contacted them back in May, the dealership was only selling to in-state buyers.
Agreed, this is kind of a "shocked face" moment.

Dealers have been adding phantom "documentation fees" and the sort for literal decades. A sub-$1000 "mandatory" add-on that you actually get physical items from is not as unreasonable from a dealer perspective than expecting them to nix it and sell it to you at MSRP from a buyer's perspective, especially considering the market.

Rdrcr, are you sure you actually want a car? Because your principal is standing in the way of you actually getting one. I understand that there's a decent likelihood that you can find the deal you want if you continue to wait, but $681 is not a substantial amount on a $50k+ purchase. Frankly that's just ridiculous, but we've had this conversation several times...

B-RapidK20

First Name
Sherm
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GX460, 2022 Cayman GTS, 2022 Corolla hatch

Mike
I'll give you credit for walking away but damn my region is still holding strong at minimum $10k and some even charging $20k. I am forced to wait and also travel out of state if and when I do get an allocation. My travel expense is going to be more then $681. I would have loved to purchased that car you passed up on I wanted those add on items anyways. But yeah