• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
Savageese is okay but I'm honestly tired of "if you've never driven a real sports car" crap and down talks anything that isn't a track special.
And yet they’re the only channel I’ve come across that will out cars on a lift and talk about the engineering of the car, suspension geometry, differentials, etc.

Jack owns an FL5 personally, so I think his perspective on the DE5 will be particularly interesting.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Savageese is okay but I'm honestly tired of "if you've never driven a real sports car" crap and down talks anything that isn't a track special.
I totally appreciate that! I like that they'll talk about the mechanics of the cars though they can be a little pretentious despite seeming more like Honda/Acura customers vs Ferrari customers (if you catch my drift), but I've noticed that they also like to review from an angle of, "Assuming you have another reliable, family-friendly, do-everything vehicle and this can sit in your garage for weekends, sunny days, and track sessions...". Review the car in a vacuum, don't market it as if it's an extra car, some of us want a single car and what they can/cannot do is material.

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
And yet they’re the only channel I’ve come across that will out cars on a lift and talk about the engineering of the car, suspension geometry, differentials, etc.

Jack owns an FL5 personally, so I think his perspective on the DE5 will be particularly interesting.
Ya insight and perspective are hard to find in car reviews these days. Reviewer needs the knowledge/exp to provide meaningful info and be successful enough that Acura can’t blacklist them after an honest review.

SG is harsh at times, holds the bar high, but hard to disagree with and normally sums up well for the mortals.

Raiti is good at covering features and hyping them up but rarely has much to add that an enthusiast hasn’t already thought of. He does “ding” them for misses tbf, but glosses over a bit much with positive spin.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Raiti is good at showing the cars off and hyping them up but rarely has much to add that an enthusiast hasn’t already thought of. He does “ding” them or whatever tbf, but glosses over issues a bit much with positive spin.
But who else is going to give us the critical information that we need to know? Like how many Little Debbies will fit in the glovebox? Or how many clementines you can squeeze in the center console?

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
Ya insight and perspective are hard to find in car reviews these days. Reviewer needs the knowledge/exp to provide meaningful info and be successful enough that Acura can’t blacklist them after an honest review.

SG is harsh at times, holds the bar high, but hard to disagree with and normally sums up well for the mortals.

Raiti is good at covering features and hyping them up but rarely has much to add that an enthusiast hasn’t already thought of. He does “ding” them for misses tbf, but glosses over a bit much with positive spin.
Raiti: “Going to have to *zonk* them for no rear air vents or USB.

Also Raiti: I can fit 12 twinkies in the center console, and 2 In-And-Out burgers in the door pocket.

That might be funny to a 12 year old, but I don’t know how many 12 year olds are buying $50k cars. Channels like SG and TH show that you can deliver honest, informative content about cars and still create a large viewer base and grow the number of subscribers your channel has.

IDK, Raiti seems like he’s trying to be a knock-off Doug Demuro, but without the cool and interesting cars.

The only reason I watched his video is because it’s the only one out there right now.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Savagegeese was brutal(with the facts) on the Toyota EV review that BZ4X.. even had a skit of what Toyota wanted them to say.lol

SteamedHams

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5G Integra 6MT
yeah, not a fan of Raiti either… but this time he did gave us a better look at the car… but I could have put him on mute and the results would have been the same !
Savagegeese are really good. I do like Throttle House too… and Matt Watson from CARWOW is quite interesting with is 5 things he dislikes on every car…however, Carwow won’t review the ITS since he is from the UK…

Can already say he would have complained about the lack of a button to turn on and off the rev match 😂
Joe is basically a glorified salesman with how much sunshine he pumps. More than other reviewers, he’s prone to doing this because the majority of the cars he reviews are dealership cars and not manufacturer press cars. He can’t afford to bite the hand that feeds him because otherwise he’s lose access.

SteamedHams

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5G Integra 6MT
Savagegeese was brutal(with the facts) on the Toyota EV review that BZ4X.. even had a skit of what Toyota wanted them to say.lol
Yeah Mark doesn’t gloss over or sugarcoat things. If memory serves me correct, he actually got blackballed by Honda/Acura for a while because he didn’t follow the hype script the marketing team gave him and instead was too honest

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
I take Thomas from Throttle house opinion higher than savage, beside hes an actual amateur racer and instructor. He just seems to love all cars with out being bias or condescending.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I take Thomas from Throttle house opinion higher than savage, beside hes an actual amateur racer and instructor. He just seems to love all cars with out being bias or condescending.
And if you're ever having a bad day, watching James spin that Ford GT is a guaranteed pick me up.

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
And if you're ever having a bad day, watching James spin that Ford GT is a guaranteed pick me up.
lol, sphincter-clenching.

The look of pure terror in his eyes as it was happening is unforgettable.

VT Skier

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RLX
When might we see reviews of the production model? Like most of you, I'm hoping it actually comes with memory seats and a heated steering wheel, among other things. I think Raiti specifically said the car he was in was pre-production.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
When might we see reviews of the production model? Like most of you, I'm hoping it actually comes with memory seats and a heated steering wheel, among other things. I think Raiti specifically said the car he was in was pre-production.
Next month

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS

I think you mean Mark. Jack is the Asian guy. Last I knew he had a GR86? And a C6 Z06 before that?

I watch too many YouTube vids.

I do think that introduces tremendous bias, because he has his car and that's what he knows. All other cars are measured against that. For example, his review of the G87 M2, he was hypercritical of it because it wasn't an F87 M2. That's important to be spelled out, because it seems they were pretty much the outliers in their review of that car. Pretty much everyone else seemed to love it.

Plus the Throttle House guys spend a little too much time weighing in on their subjective tastes. Sure that's a talking point but beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and they spend an entire segment on it for each car, inside and out. That's their schtick, but it also seems out of touch and strictly for entertainment purposes.

If you want a "racing driver's" perspective, Chris Harris is your man. But he's pretty big time these days, I don't see him weighing in on reviews so much anymore except on very rare occasions, or as part of Top Gear.

Reviews are all data points, but unfortunately these days seem to have taken the place of the ability to just get in and drive a car. With limited availability and dealerships trying to milk every ounce of a car's value, not everyone will be able to drive a given car they're interested in, so has to settle for a combination of data points, of which YouTube/"proper" media reviews are probably weighted pretty heavily.

Rdrcr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (Reserved)
Me too. I expect these features from an Acura.

Mike