• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Sphinx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Miata
You won't be disappointed by the 5BW, it's a blast. But you will be disappointed by GM (parts delays, huge delays shipping the car once built, cosmetic issues, etc.). I'd drop the CF if I were you, to get the car faster--just my opinion.

Well, I want to maintain my spot and get a 24, with whatever updates they make. And honestly, not in a hurry at all, particularly if the market softens and I can negotiate a better price than sticker.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Si sedan (now 2023 Ford Focus ST-Line X)
So the Integra has a rear center armrest but the Type s doesn’t, is that right?

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
You won't be disappointed by the 5BW, it's a blast. But you will be disappointed by GM (parts delays, huge delays shipping the car once built, cosmetic issues, etc.). I'd drop the CF if I were you, to get the car faster--just my opinion.

I have the opposite reaction. BMWs in general are mushy, bland, and detached nowadays (wasn't always the case). The Blackwings excite me, they are *much* more fun to drive. It all starts with the transmission, the Tremecs are way better than the mediocre BMW shifters, and it's something you feel every single time you interact with the car. But it's more than that--the feel, the sound, everything. Cadillac designed some great cars in this case. Shame it doesn't translate to other cars in their lineup.

True story: I used to own a really nice BMW ... and after a while I found driving a friend's Subaru BRZ to be more fun. To each his own. Maybe I'm getting old, but I'm firmly in the "BMW have lost their way" camp.

the M3 was capable but not engaging --- especially after I test drove the (then brand new) 6th gen camaro SS ... which eventually got traded for SS1LE (x2) which is still my favorite performance/$ track car that is a great daily (that magnetic suspension is smoooooth). the camaro was wayyyy more fun/dramatic/sporty/loud than the M3 but the M3 had speed, track capability, looks, comfort, great seating position and utility that few cars have (closest being the 4V BW). M3 shifter and clutch were soft and rubbery compared to the camaro by multiple orders of magnitude. the 4V BW's motor is in a similar class to me as the F80/G80; good performer, not a lot of auditory delight. i love the chassis that i am pretty sure the caddy still shares with the camaro and i'm sure it's really good as an overall package, but i just don't have chemistry with it. i'm pretty sure that the sticking point with me is that when i think of GM products i want a V8 .... silly but true. BMW/porsche i'm not expecting that V8 so i'm okay without it. the M3 is great but there's a reason why i canceled two orders .. i want one pretty badly .. just not badly enough.

if i go back to GM it'll be a ZL1 1LE or Z06 (#3 at local dealer... probably a long wait though), but i'm not looking for a jack of all trades car either which is the best thing going for the 4V blackwing.

G80 is still good ... lacks feel. Sounds like the new M2 has lost some feel. it's sad that we have to give up driver connection for performance most of the time and i wish we'd get more cars with focus on fun (like the CTR / ITS, GR86) from other companies. buy 'em while you can, it seems like it's only getting worse.

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'17 Si CBP Coupe; '16 EX-L EGP
Wife finds the CTS4 V Blackwing gross. I'd fight her for a CTS5 V Blackwing with manual but since i already have a "track car" ... the CTS5 is too much cash to tie up in a fun daily ... the 4V Blackwing is a really GOOD car but doesn't excite me. M3 is where i'd go for sub $100k manual car for daily. It just appeals to me more and i've really liked them in the past (F80s) ... i honestly think the FUN factor in an ITS or CTR is as high or higher and that's my main goal for this car. a really FUN car that can also work as a reasonable daily driver (more reasonable than my Sierra 2500 diesel).

Si & miata is a really good pairing.
I enjoyed both of the Si that I owned, and I *REALLY* enjoy the CTR. It is the most fun and most comfortable, by far, of any vehicle I've ever owned. I wanted to like the Integra S...just like I wanted to like the '23 CTR...but...I just don't. I will be keeping my '21 CTR for as long as I can and not regretting a single moment of it....

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
I read the Integra TS was 5 inches longer than the Civic TR.. where the hell is that 5 inches at? I am looking at them side by side and they look very similar o_O

(I don't want a long boy)
It's not really much longer than the regular integra. The integra is longer than the civic hatchback and is based more closely to the civic sedan, which is about 4 inches longer than the hatch because of rear overhang. The integra is about an inch longer than the civic sedan. That's where the extra 5 is coming from, but it's always been there, it's not just the ITS.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
So the Integra has a rear center armrest but the Type s doesn’t, is that right?
Correct--the Base-Tech all have 3 seats in the back with an armrest that folds down--the Type-S has no center armrest, no center seat, just cupholders imbedded into what would've been the middle seat.

bloominguez

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Bronco, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
the M3 was capable but not engaging --- especially after I test drove the (then brand new) 6th gen camaro SS ... which eventually got traded for SS1LE (x2) which is still my favorite performance/$ track car that is a great daily (that magnetic suspension is smoooooth). the camaro was wayyyy more fun/dramatic/sporty/loud than the M3 but the M3 had speed, track capability, looks, comfort, great seating position and utility that few cars have (closest being the 4V BW). M3 shifter and clutch were soft and rubbery compared to the camaro by multiple orders of magnitude. the 4V BW's motor is in a similar class to me as the F80/G80; good performer, not a lot of auditory delight. i love the chassis that i am pretty sure the caddy still shares with the camaro and i'm sure it's really good as an overall package, but i just don't have chemistry with it. i'm pretty sure that the sticking point with me is that when i think of GM products i want a V8 .... silly but true. BMW/porsche i'm not expecting that V8 so i'm okay without it. the M3 is great but there's a reason why i canceled two orders .. i want one pretty badly .. just not badly enough.

if i go back to GM it'll be a ZL1 1LE or Z06 (#3 at local dealer... probably a long wait though), but i'm not looking for a jack of all trades car either which is the best thing going for the 4V blackwing.

G80 is still good ... lacks feel. Sounds like the new M2 has lost some feel. it's sad that we have to give up driver connection for performance most of the time and i wish we'd get more cars with focus on fun (like the CTR / ITS, GR86) from other companies. buy 'em while you can, it seems like it's only getting worse.
Agree on a lot of the above. It's funny, GM can't even bother to paint their cars well, it's embarrassing, but they *can* figure out how to tune that magnetorheological suspension! It is REALLY GOOD.

Completely agree about the shifter and clutch being "multiple orders of magnitude" better than BMW.

Agree about wanting that V8 if you get a GM (or a Mustang, if you were so inclined). Doesn't seem quite the same without it. That's why I bought the 5BW, best of all worlds--with a cost trade-off, of course. More than I wanted to spend, but it feels like the end of an era so why not.

Finally, I also intend to buy a CTR/ITS/GR 86/BRZ/GR Corolla before the current generations are done, or talking family member(s) into buying. Talking a buddy into getting a Mustang Dark Horse (w/Tremec), because he's a Ford guy, just to be able to drive that once in a while. Again, buy them now while we can. Or talk friends & family into buying them--almost as good!

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Just got this from my local dealer, asking me what my preference would be on color combos.

This is for the US market FYI.

CCB25EB0-6509-41E7-A2FF-992DF8F5CCBA.jpeg
Wonder what the different groupings mean? Think it's based on production runs?

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
Wonder what the different groupings mean? Think it's based on production runs?
I asked him what the three different background colors meant.

Still waiting to hear back from him, but if I had to guess, it would be what you said, a staggered launch.

I believe they did this with the base Integra when it launched last year, no?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I asked him what the three different background colors meant.

Still waiting to hear back from him, but if I had to guess, it would be what you said, a staggered launch.

I believe they did this with the base Integra when it launched last year, no?
Yeah last year was limited color combos at launch.
The color combo I want is in the reddish/peach area🥺

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Curious as well! Last year's staggered launch got us:

White/Red
Liquid Carbon/Red
Apex Blue/Orchid
Black/Black

Speculating here, but I can't imagine Tiger Eye wouldn't be a launch color--I know many around here don't like it, but It's their Type-S color.

Staggered production aside, these options don't help me narrow anything down.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Can't get Red/red?? That's dumb.
Can't get red with anything but black apparently, but can't get Red/Red on any other Acuras currently--certainly cant get a red interior with much in this model, just Black, Carbon and White.

The current Integra has a Red/Orchid option that looks really nice--not that I'd get Orchid (kid, dog), but it does look nice.

IntegraAgain

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5th Gen 2023 Integra A-Spec 6MT - PWP
Curious as well! Last year's staggered launch got us:

White/Red
Liquid Carbon/Red
Apex Blue/Orchid
Black/Black

Speculating here, but I can't imagine Tiger Eye wouldn't be a launch color--I know many around here don't like it, but It's their Type-S color.

Staggered production aside, these options don't help me narrow anything down.
As a matter of fact, my dealer called me this morning and told me that pre-order will open in May. He said Acura is telling them they will do a limited release first run of ITS, with 200 initially sold then orders being filled the rest of the year. Initial run was 50 of each for US market:

White/Red
Tiger Eye/?? (I can't recall the interior he mentioned)
Apex Blue/Orchid
Black/Black

This is of course subject to change, and dependent on if he had the accurate info.