• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
The number of doors is irrelevant. It's the number of seats...
This is why you're off base.

I'll give you one very good reason the number of doors matters A LOT.

image000000.JPG

There are lots of other reasons too that completely rule out 2-door cars for a lot of buyers. Hence, the people who are cross-shopping an M240i are actually irrelevant to me.

Plus- a slushbox ZF is also a turn-off for many people, no matter how good the tuning is. If 1/4 mile is that important to you then yeah, you're probably looking in the right direction.

raisedhaze

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DA1 Integra, Civic SI, S30, Duramax
Not true....especially if you have a child or elderly folks that need to ride in the vehicle from time to time.

Mike
Or like some of us who need to find a base Integra back seat just to get back to 5 passengers...

lz23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
z
All situations are different, but even assuming zero debt, if you buy a $52K car (which will be more after TTL, etc.) and don't make $150K, you're irresponsible (max out your IRA, 401K first fam). In the US people WAY overleverage themselves on cars. One should follow the 20/4/10 rule. Currently paying about 1% for my RSX-S haha.

I could never pay ADM in principal. You're spot on with the 'paying for the priveledge of them selling' to you framing.

Yup, I posted a price guess chart on the ITS fb group and maxed it at $50K as I felt there would be zero change, everyone guessed narrowly around $47K-$48K. Once I saw $52K (more than the way faster, more heavily optioned M240ix), I nope'd right out. Still very interested in the car itself as a RSX-S owner. Might be a used backup option down the road for a wife, we will see.
That's a ridiculous thing to say that you should be making 150k to buy a 52k car.The only time that makes any sense is if you have a family.There are many people who have a HHI way less than that who can afford this car,lot's of people out there who might be retired or semi retired that have considerabe savings and just pay cash for the car.

Ricochet48

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 RSX Type S
That's a ridiculous thing to say that you should be making 150k to buy a 52k car.The only time that makes any sense is if you have a family.There are many people who have a HHI way less than that who can afford this car,lot's of people out there who might be retired or semi retired that have considerabe savings and just pay cash for the car.
You should have a gross salary of 3x your car. Full stop. This is why there's such a high defualt rate and people taking out 5+ year loans.

I would much rather max my 401k first that put money into a heavily depreciating asset. Guess that's why I'm in Finance and many are terrible with money...

lz23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
z
You should have a gross salary of 3x your car. Full stop. This is why there's such a high defualt rate and people taking out 5+ year loans.

I would much rather max my 401k first that put money into a heavily depreciating asset. Guess that's why I'm in Finance and many are terrible with money...
So you're saying someone who has over a million in savings and zero debt but makes less than 150k can't afford this car.That's plain stupid

Ricochet48

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 RSX Type S
So you're saying someone who has over a million in savings and zero debt but makes less than 150k can't afford this car.That's plain stupid
Ugh I wrote in my other post that all situations are unique, but for 98% of people yes they should. I have enough to buy 5+ ITS's in cash too, but still want to make 3x in salary, that's my retirement money... not for a heavily depreciating asset. Please go ahead an buy at 6 year high interest loan making $75K or so, see how that works out being 'car poor', no sweat off my back m8.

The different in financial intelligence here compared to the BMW forums is honestly astounding. All the more reason there's a difference in badge prestige... Acura was okay when I bought at 18 though.

lz23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
z
Ugh I wrote in my other post that all situations are unique, but for 98% of people yes they should. I have enough to buy 5+ ITS's in cash too, but still want to make 3x in salary, that's my retirement money... not for a heavily depreciating asset. Please go ahead an buy at 6 year high interest loan making $75K or so, see how that works out being 'car poor', no sweat off my back m8.

The different in financial intelligence here compared to the BMW forums is honestly astounding. All the more reason there's a difference in badge prestige... Acura was okay when I bought at 18 though.
[/QUOTinn
Interest rates mean nothing to someone paying cash and has zero debt.

MickleNoot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
(Soon) '24 Integra Type S, '70 RB26-powered 240Z

Lol

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 TW Civic Si
Both in the US and Canada, the financial situation in generally is dire. It'll affect some people and not affect others, depends on your situation. At the end of the day, it's YOUR money and YOUR decision to spend the money the way YOU want to.

Trying to insult people because they don't see things the way you do doesn't help you or anyone.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS

There is absolutely zero difference in "badge prestige" for Acura vs BMW. None.

If you think otherwise, you probably shouldn't be trying to give unsolicited financial advice on a random car enthusiast forum.

In fact, maybe you should head to the Prius forums. Seems like a natural fit for you. "They're fun now."

Rdrcr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (Reserved)

I want to buy my ITS with $0 down, $10K markup, all the factory accessories, all the back-end and warranty products the dealer throws at me.....and I'm gonna finance for 120 months @ 19.98%......but, damn, I don't think they'll let me....

Mike

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Spotted this post

Screenshot_20230601-205930.png