• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Integra type S vs Civic type R

raisedhaze

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DA1 Integra, Civic SI, S30, Duramax
Within the margin of error, fastest driver will prevail. I will take my heated seats and lumbar with a smile!

CTR and ITS can dominate together & the aftermarket will benefit greatly from the addition of the ITS.

CYBR808

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20/'23 Civic Type R
Honestly, this is what I’ve expected from the get-go. The ITS was clearly designed as a street car vs the more hardcore CTR. Waiting for the FL5 guys to repost this over and over again while reminding everyone why they’re not getting the ITS. 😂
HEY! WE HEARD THAT
BA6585FD-E205-43FA-B479-EC4520B52D5B.jpeg

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Looks like a wash on the track

Screenshot_20230627-212104.png

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

slo_its

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
Its a bit hard to say which is faster based on that. I don't know much about which tires are better, but we do know CTR was driven by a pro driver while ITS was not.

I think also different tracks the two could trade places easily but stay pretty close.

Honestly, sounds like both will be fun to drive. The few split seconds difference on the track isn't going to be something anyone cares about unless they're actually racing, but then they're prepping their cars rather than staying fully stock.

All personal preference. I think if I have a good chance to switch to typeR, I might take it, but ITS will be better for everyday life, which is 99% of my driving. If I want it to behave more like type R, sounds like parts are going to be swappable, just might have to wait for software to get figured out.

On a side note, I jumped into an ITS today. Shifter felt a bit different than the typeR I was in a couple months ago. The type R shifter slid into each gear quite smooth and I thought I wanted there to be a bit more resistance. The ITS I was in today felt like it had more resistance and a bit more mechanical felling. Not sure if anyone else had similar observations or I'm just crazy.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I haven't driven both cars but it's hard for me to reconcile the shifter being different. Unless there's hard evidence somewhere, for now I'm going to put the shifter feel differences down to being a brand new car that will be broken in over the next few hundred miles.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Going to leave this here. Read first post in that thread for more. Wish tires were the same though.

https://www.civicxi.com/forum/threads/fl5-type-r-vs-de5-integra-type-s-savagegeese.52162/post-865491
I love that he's active on the forums. He's about as definitive an authority we have on these cars based on his access and ability to share information he extracts directly from sources at Honda/Acura.

That said, I should be considered a definitive authority too.

As I said in another thread, neither of these cars are drag strip heroes. If that's your primary use case then yes, go get an M240i or S3. Also, the concept of the Type R is that it should be faster anyway, right?

That said, it doesn't make sense for the ITS to be significantly slower than the Type R. Launching any FWD car is more art than science, and Motor Trend makes that pretty clear. Savagegeese did as much of an objective test as anyone can by dynoing both cars on the same day on the same dyno... Maybe the added torque in the mid-range makes wheel spin more of an issue? That would make more sense than a blanket statement like "it's slower". It's got more power out of the same engine, and only slightly more weight.

Read into it if you must, but to me it's pretty much fake news. Doesn't make me want a Civic any more than I did yesterday.

My guess is they had issues with launches. The extra TQ down low would mean worse traction off the line. Also another factor is despite my FL5 making normal HP it could also be down on power compared to other Type Rs or the ITS we had made more power than normal. Regardless we know in real world the ITS will always be fast mid range. I mean shit its the same engine end of the day so...

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I love that he's active on the forums. He's about as definitive an authority we have on these cars based on his access and ability to share information he extracts directly from sources at Honda/Acura.

That said, I should be considered a definitive authority too.
Lol. I'm even more of an authority since I posted the same conclusion hours before you.🤣

raisedhaze

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DA1 Integra, Civic SI, S30, Duramax
Its a bit hard to say which is faster based on that. I don't know much about which tires are better, but we do know CTR was driven by a pro driver while ITS was not....
These two tires are normally close to a "like-for-like" from what I have read, but The Pilot Sport 4S is supposedly a unique compound in the ITS, so who knows.

Typically the driver is the most significant factor, but maybe I am not giving Mark of SavageGeese enough credit. ;) Time will tell which is consistently faster (cough, Nurbergring, cough), however I imagine most of these I see at the track will be modified. ITS is 31 lbs heavier than CTR with less track focused seats, but it is 3% stiffer and has a higher HP & torque tune from the factory. Can't go wrong with either!

Rdrcr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (Reserved)
Now that the ITS is available....anybody switching or planning on holding out for the CTR?

Mike

vexingv

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS LCM/Red; '16 BMW M235-xdrive
With these markups (at least in CA), i have debated the idea and have gone back and forth between CTR and ITS. seems that CTR's can be found for $15K markup pretty easily. given the price difference at MSRP and then accounting for markups, any markup >$8K on the ITS makes it almost equivalent in out of pocket price (not saying either car is worth it at those prices). but some of the creature comforts (heated seats, powered seats, parking sensors, and compliant suspension) on the ITS keep me coming back to that.

my decision tree:
if both cars could be obtained at MSRP, i would still pick ITS over CTR.
if CTR at MSRP vs ITS with markup, then CTR. (however, unlikely scenario with current market conditions)
if both cars are similar price (with markups), I'd go with ITS.

but i'm holding out for an ITS at as close to MSRP as possible.