• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Integra type S vs Civic type R

meki22

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru Forester, LCM Integra Type-S
Honestly, this is what I’ve expected from the get-go. The ITS was clearly designed as a street car vs the more hardcore CTR. Waiting for the FL5 guys to repost this over and over again while reminding everyone why they’re not getting the ITS. 😂

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Could be the additional lower torque hurting traction. It's the 0-30 where it's 0.3 or 0.4 slower than the FL5

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
Motor Trend isn't exactly known for it's amazing times or launches, so will see what C&D can get with it. Also, they didn't state if this was on 91 or 93. Also, it isn't like either car is a stoplight racer, LOL, more interested in rolling times.

Estoril

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Chevy SS, 4runner
Motor Trend isn't exactly known for it's amazing times or launches, so will see what C&D can get with it. Also, they didn't state if this was on 91 or 93. Also, it isn't like either car is a stoplight racer, LOL, more interested in rolling times.
Agreed would like to see a roller based on savagegeese's video, also lap times around a rougher surfaced track tbh. At the end of the day comparing these metrics is like comparing two pizzas and seeing which one flys better, certainly not what they're intended for and not whats important

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Agreed would like to see a roller based on savagegeese's video, also lap times around a rougher surfaced track tbh. At the end of the day comparing these metrics is like comparing two pizzas and seeing which one flys better, certainly not what they're intended for and not whats important
I thing savagegeese alluded to the ITS being faster on the track but I guess we will find out . They also ran both on 93 octane

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My take away from that video was that the ITS was faster straight line, but the CTR would still post better lap times based on suspension tuning, until it ran out the front tires. All that said, I am assuming it's a $300 ADS swap if you want to run FL5 suspension settings. Surprised no one has reverse engineered a new module that can switch between CTR, CTR LE, and now DE5 tuning. Lots of CTRs running the LE ADS. I wouldn't mind swapping for track days since they are few and far between for me, but don't think I can do it for every Auto-X event :)

Also, didn't Motor Trend say their figure 8 #s were identical?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
My take away from that video was that the ITS was faster straight line, but the CTR would still post better lap times based on suspension tuning, until it ran out the front tires. All that said, I am assuming it's a $300 ADS swap if you want to run FL5 suspension settings. Surprised no one has reverse engineered a new module that can switch between CTR, CTR LE, and now DE5 tuning. Lots of CTRs running the LE ADS. I wouldn't mind swapping for track days since they are few and far between for me, but don't think I can do it for every Auto-X event :)

Yeah lateral G was 0.01 off from the CTR

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango

The manager of the Acura dealership I go through just sold his modded FK8 which he had an autocross coach for & he said the same thing - faster in a straight line & not as efficient at super high speeds in turns vs. the CTR. Guess I'll just have to wait after break in to see myself. Plus...mods. 😁

Estoril

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Chevy SS, 4runner
The manager of the Acura dealership I go through just sold his modded FK8 which he had an autocross coach for & he said the same thing - faster in a straight line & not as efficient at super high speeds in turns vs. the CTR. Guess I'll just have to wait after break in to see myself. Plus...mods. 😁
The aero is the main player for high speed stability, I don't recall seeing any downforce metrics provided by Acura. I imagine they dont care. The other main lap time oriented characteristic that cannot be described in metrics is how the car rotates and thus how early throttle can be applied in the turn. I'm guessing this is where the R would be better but then would lose slightly on the straights with less power. This match up would be very track dependent imo

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
As I said in another thread, neither of these cars are drag strip heroes. If that's your primary use case then yes, go get an M240i or S3. Also, the concept of the Type R is that it should be faster anyway, right?

That said, it doesn't make sense for the ITS to be significantly slower than the Type R. Launching any FWD car is more art than science, and Motor Trend makes that pretty clear. Savagegeese did as much of an objective test as anyone can by dynoing both cars on the same day on the same dyno... Maybe the added torque in the mid-range makes wheel spin more of an issue? That would make more sense than a blanket statement like "it's slower". It's got more power out of the same engine, and only slightly more weight.

Read into it if you must, but to me it's pretty much fake news. Doesn't make me want a Civic any more than I did yesterday.

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Also likely they didn't do the pedal dance, so maybe it's nanny (traction control) limited as well and that might be a recurring issue for how well it performs in comparos.