• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

m.c.ricks.ITS

First Name
Marty Contreras
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Apex Blue Pearl Type-S (Reserved Pre-order)
My rep just texted this morning with pics of the demo and the timeline for my card arrival. Just found a place for ceramic coating and paint correction. And I already know where I want to get my tint. Just gotta coordinate the timing.

IMG_3211.jpeg

IMG_2971.jpeg

IMG_2970.jpeg

IMG_2969.jpeg

IMG_2968.jpeg

IMG_2967.jpeg

OP
OP
m.c.ricks.ITS

m.c.ricks.ITS

First Name
Marty Contreras
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Also just got this. Don’t know ADM etc.
Acura of Concord.

IMG_3212.png

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
Did your sales rep say if they are allowing test drives at this time? Was going to respond to Amanda to ask, but my deposit is at Oakland Acura so not sure they will allow it. As for their Demo when I spoke to Amanda last what she said was "it's going to be expensive" and I laughed and said that isn't for me :)

Also, if you don't mind me asking, where are you getting your ceramic coating done? I am doing front PPF at AVO but haven't decided on ceramic yet.

OP
OP
m.c.ricks.ITS

m.c.ricks.ITS

First Name
Marty Contreras
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
There are two places I was thinking of. “Clear auto spa” and “east bay auto spa”. I guess cars love spas? I dunno. Was quoted about 1600 for paint correction and CC. I’ve got some time to look around though. He’s only a week out at “east bay auto spa” I need to contact the first place. Both are in Walnut Creek.

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
There are two places I was thinking of. “Clear auto spa” and “east bay auto spa”. I guess cars love spas? I dunno. Was quoted about 1600 for paint correction and CC. I’ve got some time to look around though. He’s only a week out at “east bay auto spa” I need to contact the first place. Both are in Walnut Creek.
LOL, when I was doing research yesterday I had to check twice that they weren't the same shop :) Friends have used East Bay and had positive things to say! Both are Ceramic Pro shops I believe.

OP
OP
m.c.ricks.ITS

m.c.ricks.ITS

First Name
Marty Contreras
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
LOL, when I was doing research yesterday I had to check twice that they weren't the same shop :) Friends have used East Bay and had positive things to say! Both are Ceramic Pro shops I believe.
Awesome! the guy (Gary?) seemed really nice and knowledgeable. I know this place in Fremont called OCDetailing caught my eye. But I dont want to pay to have to get my car out there on a truck or tape it all up (too much work) to get it out there. Tint I will probably do at Rocky Mountain window tint in Livermore (since I already work out there) or maybe at the auto spa place. They use "Suntek" which I haven't used before. Only Forumula One by Llumar.

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Awesome! the guy (Gary?) seemed really nice and knowledgeable. I know this place in Fremont called OCDetailing caught my eye. But I dont want to pay to have to get my car out there on a truck or tape it all up (too much work) to get it out there. Tint I will probably do at Rocky Mountain window tint in Livermore (since I already work out there) or maybe at the auto spa place. They use "Suntek" which I haven't used before. Only Forumula One by Llumar.
OCD does excellent work but is silly overpriced because of their reputation in the Tesla community IMO. I have a place in San Leandro where I got my 3M ceramic IR tint installed I will likely use again. But yeah, in the same boat, waiting on my delivery date so I can drive straight to the PPF shop, then tint, then haven't decided on doing pro ceramic, or just getting a paint correction done and I put on my own ceramic at home.

vexingv

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS LCM/Red; '16 BMW M235-xdrive
Nice. Curious, what is pricing with Acura of Concord or Oakland?

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Why anyone still pays that much for ceramic coating is BEYOND me.

I've used Ammo Reflex Pro for a couple years now, on multiple cars. The ceramic "hydrophobic" effect on my 718 has lasted since October and shows no signs of deterioration despite Larry (the owner and awesome follow on YouTube) suggesting to re-apply every 6 months. And apparently there's a new formula that's even better.

It's $180 and goes on same as wax.

https://ammonyc.com/collections/exterior/products/ammo-reflex-pro-ii-enamel-coat

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Why anyone still pays that much for ceramic coating is BEYOND me.

I've used Ammo Reflex Pro for a couple years now, on multiple cars. The ceramic "hydrophobic" effect on my 718 has lasted since October and shows no signs of deterioration despite Larry (the owner and awesome follow on YouTube) suggesting to re-apply every 6 months. And apparently there's a new formula that's even better.

It's $180 and goes on same as wax.

https://ammonyc.com/collections/exterior/products/ammo-reflex-pro-ii-enamel-coat
You are only comparing one step of the process though, a typical ceramic coating quote will include full paint correction and polishing before application and that's likely over half the cost. Then you are locking in that paint condition with ceramic. If you can do all that yourself, which many can then your are 100% right, but most don't have the equipment or talent.

As for Oakland and Concord, for the initial 200 they were MSRP at both locations. For Concord they wouldn't let me get on a waitlist, but they did tell me their allocations for the year and said they would reach out once they get a production date on the colors I am interested in. All I know is the Demo will be very expensive. As for Oakland, I haven't even heard their allocations yet. I got one of the 200.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
You are only comparing one step of the process though, a typical ceramic coating quote will include full paint correction and polishing before application and that's likely over half the cost. Then you are locking in that paint condition with ceramic. If you can do all that yourself, which many can then your are 100% right, but most don't have the equipment or talent.

As for Oakland and Concord, for the initial 200 they were MSRP at both locations. For Concord they wouldn't let me get on a waitlist, but they did tell me their allocations for the year and said they would reach out once they get a production date on the colors I am interested in. All I know is the Demo will be very expensive. As for Oakland, I haven't even heard their allocations yet. I got one of the 200.
It depends. Brand new car paint may or may not need correction, there are lots of variables there- mostly how the car was handled once the dealer gets it.

I'm gonna be honest here- on a light colored car I'll go ahead and say you don't need it. At least, 99.999% of people won't notice a paint correction on a white or silver car, and... many detail shops aren't going to actually do that on a brand new car anyway. Even if they say they will. :eek:

On an apex or black or similar color, sure- inspect the paint and if it has excessive swirls or holograms and correct them. I get not wanting to do this on a brand new car if you don't know what you're doing but there really isn't that much to it... especially for friggin $1600.

https://www.amazon.com/Rupes-LHR-15...mzn1.fos.c3015c4a-46bb-44b9-81a4-dc28e6d374b3

Most non-crook detailers won't charge that much for correction anyway. $500 seems like a reasonable amount. Don't be a victim.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Update for Concord, won't be ready till tomorrow and no test drives 😒
That blows. Testing driving one tomorrow if they get the PDI done