• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Integra Emissions System Problem

Alex K

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T, 2016 Audi SQ5
Only have ~530 miles on the car and had a "Check Engine" light come up displaying a Rev Match issue, while also displaying a message "Emissions system problem." It's fully stock and I have not driven the car too hard (which is a challenge of its own), although this is my first M/T and I am learning on it, so had a few stalls and revved up a bit high a few times (not in gear), but have been pretty gentle. This is a first with Acura for me this early into a purchase. I owned 4 Acura vehicles in the past (2004 TL, 2009 RDX, 2012 TSX, 2012 MDX) and didn't have to to bring any of them to the dealer outside of regular maintenance during warranty period.

I took the Integra to the dealer and received the following message after diagnosis "We were able to diagnose the problem and it happens to be a faulty CVS valve, a valve that controls the flow of the emissions through the emission system. We cannot order the part itself so we have to order a full fuel tank assembly which should be here a week from today." I am going to leave the car with dealer until repair, but wanted to post this out here to see if anyone else has experienced this issue or just to give the community a heads up.

Inegra pic.JPG

Last edited:

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Interesting. Now before the order see if you can opt for a larger tank.lol
I have seen evap issues with overfilling the tank on some other vehicles.

ChrisPR57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-SPEC+ 6MT
This happened to me as well under the first 1000 miles. Took it to the dealer where they did a smog test and ran it for a bit but didn't find any faults so they cleared the code and sent me on my way. Last Friday it came back on at 1800 miles. It is now back at the dealership and waiting to hear back from them.

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 wrx, 2015nissan juke nismo, 15 scion frs
I had this happen before to me before in the past and it turned out to be the quality of gas I was using. I would go to this no name gas station because they had the cheapest prices. Car started having rough idles and eventually all the lights came on and when i took it to get serviced they told me it was bad gas. I switched to a different gas station and the issue never happened again.

OP
OP
Alex K

Alex K

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I had this happen before to me before in the past and it turned out to be the quality of gas I was using. I would go to this no name gas station because they had the cheapest prices. Car started having rough idles and eventually all the lights came on and when i took it to get serviced they told me it was bad gas. I switched to a different gas station and the issue never happened again.
I only filled up 2x so far and both times I used 93 at Shell gas station in central Tampa, FL area; I did not top it off more than 40 cents worth (~1/10th of a gallon). I don't think this emissions issue is caused by the quality in gasoline or by overfilling the tank. The dealer may be correct that it's a faulty valve, but we'll see. I expect to get the car back next week and will update this chat after I put some miles on the car or if issue returns.

OP
OP
Alex K

Alex K

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This happened to me as well under the first 1000 miles. Took it to the dealer where they did a smog test and ran it for a bit but didn't find any faults so they cleared the code and sent me on my way. Last Friday it came back on at 1800 miles. It is now back at the dealership and waiting to hear back from them.
Curious if your dealer will diagnose it as the same problem my dealer has (faulty valve) and gives you the same solution (order a new fuel tank assembly). If it's not, I think we should call them out on it.

Last edited:

ChrisPR57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-SPEC+ 6MT
Curious if your dealer will diagnose it as the same problem my dealer has (faulty valve) and gives you the same solution (order a new fuel tank assembly). If it's not, I think we should call them out on it.
I got a call yesterday that they have to order & replace the filler neck. We will see lol.

OP
OP
Alex K

Alex K

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Did this wind up getting resolved?
Yes, they replaced tank assembly, valve, and the filler neck and tested for leaks. None found. I got it back and put on about 100 miles with no issues thus far. Hope the filler neck fixed the issue on your end.

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
Yes, they replaced tank assembly, valve, and the filler neck and tested for leaks. None found. I got it back and put on about 100 miles with no issues thus far. Hope the filler neck fixed the issue on your end.
Thanks matey!

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
Just went got back from the dealer with the same error message and they cleared the code; said it had to do with the CV valve. They recalibrated some things and made adjustments (sorry, I was in a rush for work this morning and just took there word it was a simple fix and nothing major). CEL is gone now and back to normal. They told me to bring it back in if it popped up again but that I should be all good

Leadfoot82

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec - Tech
I just had this issue pop up on my car too. IVe had the issue pop up before but then it went away. This time, I cannot get it to go away and scheduled a service apt for this Saturday. Sigh.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Just had the same issue appears this morning..
Emissions system problem
Rev matching disabled

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
So I flashed back to factory and it of course reset the codes.. I had already rescheduled an appointment might have to cancel and wait for the code to pop back up

tex_tegra

First Name
sdg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 integra
Just had the same problem after 1000 miles. Replacing fuel door. No leaks found. They said the next step was the replacing tank assembly, valve, and the filler neck.