• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Improved heads up display!

Emunoz

First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
LCM ITS
Some one needs to figure out how to tweak the HUD.. the type R has the lights and dope dash.. how about the HUD also showing redline light indication would be dope just a thought

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Some one needs to figure out how to tweak the HUD.. the type R has the lights and dope dash.. how about the HUD also showing redline light indication would be dope just a thought
im sure it can be done. However, coding may not always be that simple, along with some skill in U.I design. Takes time and knowledge; it would have to be financially rewarding.

sort of like how we pay car tuners for their time and knowledge. But yes I agree having type R style display and HUD upgrades would be so nice

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
im sure it can be done. However, coding may not always be that simple, along with some skill in U.I design. Takes time and knowledge; it would have to be financially rewarding.

sort of like how we pay car tuners for their time and knowledge. But yes I agree having type R style display and HUD upgrades would be so nice
The biggest hurdle I'd guess to "improve" the OEM HUD would be what data would be available. That's more than likely attributed to whatever API the HUD is leveraging. You can't just write a few lines of code and wrap it in a UI if there's no way to access the data that would be displayed anyway. Just playing around with the HUD myself, it's pretty obvious that the speedometer, safety systems, and whatever directional onboard navigation equipment is accessible to the HUD UI, and all you'd really need beyond that would be engine speed. Doesn't seem too much of a stretch.

I'm barely even a novice coder myself but I'm always looking to learn and build on whatever skills I have, and personally I need some sort of practical application to really tap into my creative potential. I'm always on the lookout for things like that and would look deeper into it just for the exercise (my guess is it's in Java too which would be new to me and desirable to build and hone)- but my guess is that none of this information is documented or even really publicly accessible. And what I don't have time for is reverse engineering all the different systems in this car to find out how they work and communicate to each other. Unfortunately. That's going to have to be left to people who are already specializing in software engineering for automotive applications.

Another concept is getting a steering wheel with similar functionality- or aftermarket tach. I know BMW makes an OEM one that's pretty nice; I think I've seen some that were universal but it's been years since I looked deeply into any of that.