• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Hud display sign reader stopped working

Hoggierolls

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 integra 6mt
There's a orange circle where the spped signs show in the picture. The hud display stopped reading the mph from street signs about a week ago I have almost 30k miles on it bought brand new and hondata tuned after 1 week of ownership. It just stopped I don't know why so I took it into the dealer today and the service manager says it's because I redline it and it's over boosted. I don't know what he meant by that I drive it hard but I'm like there's 30k miles on it and I've been driving it the same way for over a year. There solution was to factory reset the car. They test drove it and could not fix the problem after that said they have to talk to Acura and do more testing. I'll be bringing it back this Thursday. I got back in the car to check if the tune got erased and it didn't so I'm wondering if I re do the tune of that might fix the issue or should I just leave it up to the dealer to try and find out why it's not showing up anymore.

20230605_173548.jpg

Xcfool

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Liquid Carbon Tech 6spd
Makes zero sense that the sign recognition would have anything to do with how you drove the car. Thats a bad service department deflecting their diagnostic short coming on you.
I assume the windshield in front of the camera is clear debris.

Xcfool

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Liquid Carbon Tech 6spd
I have my HUD turned off as I find it an annoyance but the speed limit sign still appears on my center display. Is it off there on yours as well?

OP
OP
Hoggierolls

Hoggierolls

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 integra 6mt
Makes zero sense that the sign recognition would have anything to do with how you drove the car. Thats a bad service department deflecting their diagnostic short coming on you.
I assume the windshield in front of the camera is clear debris.
Yeah it is it's a brand new windshield I'm on the 3rd one.

OP
OP
Hoggierolls

Hoggierolls

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 integra 6mt
I have my HUD turned off as I find it an annoyance but the speed limit sign still appears on my center display. Is it off there on yours as well?
Yeah its off in the dash as well

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Did it start right after the brand new windshield? The camera needs calibrated with each windshield replacement.

OP
OP
Hoggierolls

Hoggierolls

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 integra 6mt
Did it start right after the brand new windshield? The camera needs calibrated with each windshield replacement.
No it happened well after months after and this is my 3rd windshield replacement live in Arizona so rock chips are a plenty here. Also replaced the sunroof because of rock chips

LCM23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A Spec Tech 6MT
I noticed loading a Flashpro tune that after it was done loading to the car my parking sensors would be off and I would have to turn it back on again. Did you try and return the car to stock to see if the problem still exists? If it does then you'd tell Hondata with the problem so they can push out an update for your specific problem

OP
OP
Hoggierolls

Hoggierolls

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 integra 6mt
I noticed loading a Flashpro tune that after it was done loading to the car my parking sensors would be off and I would have to turn it back on again. Did you try and return the car to stock to see if the problem still exists? If it does then you'd tell Hondata with the problem so they can push out an update for your specific problem
Not yet I'm waiting for the dealer to let me know. I'll have it back today dropped it off this morning

OP
OP
Hoggierolls

Hoggierolls

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 integra 6mt
Not yet I'm waiting for the dealer to let me know. I'll have it back today dropped it off this morning
It's also been tuned for almost a year now so it's just weird that it happened all of a sudden

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Does the MPH display on the instrument cluster? Might be a canbus issue

OP
OP
Hoggierolls

Hoggierolls

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 integra 6mt
Acura says there's no codes or issues so they are going to replace the windshield camera which is on back order eta to be determined. Hopefully that fixes the is

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Then yeah if it’s not showing on the cluster then points to the camera being the culprit.
Stupid question but something I would attempt if you brought it to me, in the radio settings you can turn the speed limit sign off/on (doubt it’ll fix it but with how glitchy car tech can be now a days, can’t rule it out). If your mechanically inclined disconnecting the battery is also a good option also.

OP
OP
Hoggierolls

Hoggierolls

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 integra 6mt
The battery disconne
Then yeah if it’s not showing on the cluster then points to the camera being the culprit.
Stupid question but something I would attempt if you brought it to me, in the radio settings you can turn the speed limit sign off/on (doubt it’ll fix it but with how glitchy car tech can be now a days, can’t rule it out). If your mechanically inclined disconnecting the battery is also a good option also.
The dealer reset the car the 1st day I brought it in so I had to re do all my connections and setting up like a new car again I also before bringing it in turned off and on the settings in the system settings that didn't work either.