• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

7 inch display swap for 9 inch from tech

sheaffer

First Name
Jonas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec (poor people model)
New owner here 2023 Integra A-Spec (non tech - car purchased for my teen daughter) Did anyone swap their 7 inch display from non tech model to 9 inch display from tech? The grainy rear view is just well to grainy for my taste. If it's plug and play I might do it but...otherwise, I guess I will live with the grainy screen.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
The 9" is just as grainy! Back-up camera is terrible in the ITS, guessing it's probably the same across the board.

OP
OP

sheaffer

First Name
Jonas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanx for your reply. I thought Techs 9 inch display was high definition but I guess I was wrong :)

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
It's the camera itself. I'm pretty sure it's the same one Honda has been using for the past 10+ years because it is tried and true.

Although honest question, what would improved clarity allow you to do that the current system can't?

From my perspective it's not a Hollywood movie nor are you conducting remote open heart surgery from the feed. The camera is there to remove a blind spot to see if there are any small children/animals/objects that would have been otherwise impossible to see, even if you were the best driver in the world.

AFAIK there are no OEM RVC systems that are so bad they fail at this task, although I do acknowledge some of them look like they are captured with a potato and Honda is definitely on the "could be better" side.

OP
OP

sheaffer

First Name
Jonas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm used to Tesla huge screen that is clear as day in most situations. If in fact it's true that Honda is using the same camera for the past 10 years because it's tried and works...well that's a bummer. It doesn't change a thing for me personally, however on a vehicle that's 35K perhaps I'm expecting to have technology that's from 2020 at least. I don't even drive the car (maybe here and there just for fun...the car is in performance red) so it doesn't bother me too much. My 16 year old daughter loves the car so that's what matters.

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
I'm used to Tesla huge screen that is clear as day in most situations. If in fact it's true that Honda is using the same camera for the past 10 years because it's tried and works...well that's a bummer. It doesn't change a thing for me personally, however on a vehicle that's 35K perhaps I'm expecting to have technology that's from 2020 at least. I don't even drive the car (maybe here and there just for fun...the car is in performance red) so it doesn't bother me too much. My 16 year old daughter loves the car so that's what matters.
I can't say for sure if it's literally the same part #, but I know my 2013 Civic has the same 3 angles to select and the dimensions of the camera itself seem to be the same.

If the system is functioning properly 11 years later on the civic, I think just the opposite, why fix what ain't broken.

Although I do also understand the concept of lifestyle creep and how having a Tesla would introduce expectations.

Tha

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey
It's definitely the camera. It connects via a low-def yellow rca jack, probably from 2008 technology. So are there any other advantages to having the 9" unit besides a bigger screen? If not, this project is probably a hard pass.

We 10th gen owners replaced base model civic head units with, for example, 9" Joying (chinese) displays because they offered Carplay, Youtube, better sound, and a host of other Android features that weren't available with the stock radio.

gregbutler_20

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Acura Integra, 22 ILX (sold).
I had a 50K lexus is 350 before the integra. The camera is just as shitty on that car and it cost more. Probably the same reason. It's tried and true. To make matters worse, the camera doesn't fill the window on the 9 in screen in the integra. It's the same size as the smaller screen and on the right is the sensor data. It's almost useless at night when there isn't enough light to go with the grain.