• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

I am looking to buy a Type S what are somethings to watch for

ghostcobraah

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GT500 2022 Silverado
I am looking to purchase a new Type S in the next year or so. I currently have a truck as my daily and am looking to replace it with the Type S. Living in Michigan I know the winter won't be as easy but honestly will be more fun.

What are something to watch for either in 2025 or in general in these cars that could be causing issues or breaking. I want to be able to do the preventative maintenance prior toe ver having an issue. Appreciate anyone who respindes.

Thanks!

akoza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
If a dealer tries to sell at a markup, negotiate or run. Sounds like there are dealers that were
charging a $10k markup 6-8 months ago are now selling at MSRP.

As far as issues, I haven't really had any so far. I complain about how frequently I'm filling up but I doubt you'll have that issue coming from a Silverado or a GT500. Someone mentioned there's an issue where the fuel tank isn't filling up 100% and supposedly there should be a recall with it at some point, but I have yet to see anything about this.

I know a lot of people have been complaining about rattles, and a few have had cracked coolant reservoir tanks. Sticky steering has been an issue on regular Integras, Civics, and CRVs, but I haven't seen anyone with a Type S or Type R mention having that issue.

nix6speed

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM ITS
These cars don't break other than occasional expansion tank leak that has permanent solution or warranty fix.

Get a 2024 because 2025 pricing will only increase.

norsairius

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
A minority of owners (including me) have had sudden warnings come up for emissions, cruise control assist, rev matching, and a couple other things for seemingly no reason. The car might also go into limp mode if this occurs. Here's a thread on that: https://www.integraforums.com/forum/threads/cel-under-900-miles.51459/

A software fix has since come out for this though and the car has been free of issues since then as far as things that could be attributed to Acura go.

Otherwise, low profile tires = rougher ride and more damage risk with potholes and rough roads, so that may take an adjustment on your part, especially coming from a truck.

The car is otherwise extremely rewarding to drive and can easily work well in the winter with a good set of winter tires. Appropriate tires, sound judgment, and good driving technique will get you through harsh conditions.

TXWayne

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I just picked mine up on Monday and absolutely love it. I tried buying from the local Acura dealer I had bought two MDX's from, including the 2016 one that I was trying to trade in. While they did not mark up the price on the car, they refused to sell it to me unless I used Acura financing. I had a 4.99% rate from NFCU and they could not touch that, their response was to buy with Acura financing and refence it with NFCU in 45 days....no. That combined with the lowball on my trade drove me away. While waiting for this one to come in I somehow stumbled across the same exact car at a local BMW dealer with 2700 miles on it, that had been purchased at the same Acura dealer, so that was the backup. I went there later the same day. Did not tell them what Acura had offered on the trade and they offered $1500 more. The price was about $4k less and had the rear spoiler installed with is worth about $1k. They did not care about my financing so I grabbed that car. This dealer is part of a large dealership chain here in the DFW area with great benefits, one of which I can go to any of their dealerships and get a free car wash every day if I like. So the deal was done. Zero problems with the car.

OP
OP
ghostcobraah

ghostcobraah

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GT500 2022 Silverado
These cars don't break other than occasional expansion tank leak that has permanent solution or warranty fix.

Get a 2024 because 2025 pricing will only increase.
Sadly due to circumstances I probably will only be able to get a 25 because I have to keep the truck a bit longer than I would like but I don't mind a slight price increase as long as its not 5-10K it should be fine in my eyes

Fred 930

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW GTI
Don't forget -- the car comes with Summer only tires that are not suitable for freezing temperatures. So you will need another set of wheels, tires, and (I believe) TPMS sensors. Or you will have to swap the OEM Summer tires for All Seasons.

akoza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I just picked mine up on Monday and absolutely love it. I tried buying from the local Acura dealer I had bought two MDX's from, including the 2016 one that I was trying to trade in. While they did not mark up the price on the car, they refused to sell it to me unless I used Acura financing. I had a 4.99% rate from NFCU and they could not touch that, their response was to buy with Acura financing and refence it with NFCU in 45 days....no. That combined with the lowball on my trade drove me away. While waiting for this one to come in I somehow stumbled across the same exact car at a local BMW dealer with 2700 miles on it, that had been purchased at the same Acura dealer, so that was the backup. I went there later the same day. Did not tell them what Acura had offered on the trade and they offered $1500 more. The price was about $4k less and had the rear spoiler installed with is worth about $1k. They did not care about my financing so I grabbed that car. This dealer is part of a large dealership chain here in the DFW area with great benefits, one of which I can go to any of their dealerships and get a free car wash every day if I like. So the deal was done. Zero problems with the car.
Good on you for doing your due diligence and for walking away from the other dealer. I had the same situation when buying mine - I ended up going with their financing and refinancing 2 days later with my credit union for a lower rate. Yes it was another hoop to jump through, but this was early on and I really wanted the car and they were one of the only dealers who were able to get me the car without playing any stupid games with markup. Also it didn't really affect my credit score which was nice.