• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Have any of you had to use white touch up paint? Which would you recommend?

Nickp15

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Integra Type S
Had some road debree shot my way. Got two small scratches. I hear white is the hardest color to match so I was wondering if anyone had already had luck using something?

Lflouie

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AUDI S4, Alfa Romeo Giulia QV
As a general comment, matching white paint when spraying touchup paint or painting a panel is challenging. The fact the type S is a pearl over metallic makes it very difficult. However, if the scratches are small and you'll be using a touchup paint bottle and small brush you can get close.

Note, these complex paint combinations are usually 3 step paint processes, so a perfect match is unlikely, even by a very good body shop,IMO.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
https://www.acurapartsnow.com/oem-parts/acura-touch-up-paint-platinum-white-pearl-8703nh883paaa1

I've used this on a few chips that I've found (did not buy here, this was a google search, mine came from the dealer). The ones I did 2 weeks ago I can't even find anymore. I used a dab in the chipped hole and made sure not to get any paint over the edges to the good paint.

If you just have scratches, try buffing first. Unless it made it all the way through the clear a good buff will take scratches out.