• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

White/Red coming soon?

OP
OP

namoo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-spec 6MT
OP
OP

namoo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-spec 6MT
White/red checking in here. Picked up from dealer on 6/24. Ontario, Canada.
wow! did you end up getting the dealer demo that was fully optioned out? Or was this just a "base" ITS white / red non-demo build?

wontondon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5, MK7 GTI
Canadian dealers aren't required to keep a demo. At the time of pickup, the dealer had received 3 units in their first batch - 2 white, 1 black. In Canada, those colors are only available with a red interior as well.

No mandatory options, no markups at my dealer. Don't believe accessories are even available for the Canadian market as I've been quoted a 1 month lead time for the accessories I've added after vehicle purchase.

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
Wasn’t White/Red supposed to be one of the last batches made for color combos?
Canada is not the same as US... I don't think any dealer here has received demo cars. I heard that this year, Canada will only get black and white ITS.

I'm so tired of waiting! Been putting deposits on cars since last August. Still don't have a car... Sold my 6-6 Accord coupe in May, hoping to get the ITS. Should have waited a bit. Now I'm driving a 04 Toyota Echo and let's say that this car is quite basic (no remote, no A/C, no power windows, no doorlocks...).

AC22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Canada is not the same as US... I don't think any dealer here has received demo cars. I heard that this year, Canada will only get black and white ITS.

I'm so tired of waiting! Been putting deposits on cars since last August. Still don't have a car... Sold my 6-6 Accord coupe in May, hoping to get the ITS. Should have waited a bit. Now I'm driving a 04 Toyota Echo and let's say that this car is quite basic (no remote, no A/C, no power windows, no doorlocks...).
I am in Ontario and have an LCM ITS on the way that is due to go into production sometime this week and arrive by the end of the month.

SierraOne

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A-Spec->ITS, '24 X1, '24 Navigator, '14 LR4
Canadian dealers aren't required to keep a demo. At the time of pickup, the dealer had received 3 units in their first batch - 2 white, 1 black. In Canada, those colors are only available with a red interior as well.

No mandatory options, no markups at my dealer. Don't believe accessories are even available for the Canadian market as I've been quoted a 1 month lead time for the accessories I've added after vehicle purchase.
Not only no markups, but it wasn't even a discussion. It wasn't like "here's $2000 of accessories, and I have to talk them out of it, or give me a discount", but straight up quoted on the paperwork as MSRP + PDI. The only negotiating I had to do was with rates, as I may upgrade to a different vehicle in the next year or so, depending on how things go at work.

OP
OP

namoo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-spec 6MT
Not only no markups, but it wasn't even a discussion. It wasn't like "here's $2000 of accessories, and I have to talk them out of it, or give me a discount", but straight up quoted on the paperwork as MSRP + PDI. The only negotiating I had to do was with rates, as I may upgrade to a different vehicle in the next year or so, depending on how things go at work.
wishing i was in CAN...

Hammer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra Aspec
the issue with demos are they are being given out for test drives and people hoon them. I know my dealer has allowed test drives in their demo
absolutely those are gonna be hard miles on there

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
wishing i was in CAN...
But that's the policy at a single Canadian dealership--there are others (even in provinces where markups are "prohibited") that have a list of mandatory add-ons that are profitable for the dealership and (arguably) permissible by law. At least that's what I've gathered from spying on the Canada Orders thread.

At the end of the day, the purchase experience and out-the-door cost is going to vary from dealership to dealership, both in the US and Canada.

SierraOne

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A-Spec->ITS, '24 X1, '24 Navigator, '14 LR4
But that's the policy at a single Canadian dealership--there are others (even in provinces where markups are "prohibited") that have a list of mandatory add-ons that are profitable for the dealership and (arguably) permissible by law. At least that's what I've gathered from spying on the Canada Orders thread.

At the end of the day, the purchase experience and out-the-door cost is going to vary from dealership to dealership, both in the US and Canada.
That's true, but even so, I get the feeling that here straight up dealer markups and mandatory accessories is more an exception rather than the norm. You walk into a dealership expecting MSRP, and are (rarely, I should think) surprised by an addon, rather than walking in expecting an ADM and talking your way down. At least in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area), the two times I've ever been told mandatory accessories, the mere mention of another dealership got them to drop it, immediately.

wontondon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5, MK7 GTI
For rare cars such as the FL5, dealers would sell to their wives and relist them as a used vehicle, bypassing any MSRP requirements.

Haven't heard this happen to the DE5 yet though.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
For rare cars such as the FL5, dealers would sell to their wives and relist them as a used vehicle, bypassing any MSRP requirements.

Haven't heard this happen to the DE5 yet though.
That happens here too--they're the MSRP-only dealerships that have 0 "new" FL5's, but seem to have no trouble getting "used" FL5's with less than 1,000 miles that they then list for $60k+.