• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

chuuey

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra, '02 GT2, '01 Land Cruiser, '98 M3
So this means I need take it all apart again ?! Lol I knew this front struts were gonna be the death of me. 2500 miles on the car and she’s messed up. Yea I’m not doing this I’ll take it to the shop that did the Alingment they seem to know what they doing.
Unfortunately, yes.

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model x, model 3, Rdx, triumph, ITS
Thanks, ya I’m gonna put the trays back on give them a call. Damn it… they sounds like I should have paid someone to do it from the start. Live and learn

FloArm

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
PRP ITS
Do the axles have to come out? I was under the assumption you can do it without removing them based on FL5 videos. It actually looked rather simple. Is this an incorrect assumption?

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I was under the car for a good amount of time I don’t think where is anyway to remove replace the seal with out removing the axel and well everything else to be able to remove it. Shit sounds like I also need fluid.. Everybody running the stock fluid or is there something better recommended?

chuuey

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra, '02 GT2, '01 Land Cruiser, '98 M3
Do the axles have to come out? I was under the assumption you can do it without removing them based on FL5 videos. It actually looked rather simple. Is this an incorrect assumption?
For a spring install axles do not need to be removed.

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yes this is tru pre the FL5 video which I fallowed, my axel just fell out during disassembly. Just something to be prepared for I sure wasn’t.

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
I've heard there is an o-ring in the tranny to seal the axle. Might not be the case on the ITS. But be careful not to tear that o-ring if it is present as fluid will leak.

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
Related to this thread; Tire Rack has a sale on H&R sport springs for the Type R.
$299 + taxes including free shipping.
H&R P/N: 28714-2

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
Make sure you check transmission fluid before driving the car at all. I learned that lesson the hard way when I had a cheap shop install some springs on a car long ago and they broke one of the seals. A week later I no longer had a 5th gear :(

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Make sure you check transmission fluid before driving the car at all. I learned that lesson the hard way when I had a cheap shop install some springs on a car long ago and they broke one of the seals. A week later I no longer had a 5th gear :(
Thanks, for the heads up I’ve been trying to figure out how much it’s lost. Do we have a trans dip sick ha? Hope once the seal is fixed the worries are over. I don’t want to lose any gears

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
Thanks, for the heads up I’ve been trying to figure out how much it’s lost. Do we have a trans dip sick ha? Hope once the seal is fixed the worries are over. I don’t want to lose any gears
No, just the fill bolt. If you only lost a little, likely fine, but even with a small leak you can burn though it faster than you think.

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No, just the fill bolt. If you only lost a little, likely fine, but even with a small leak you can burn though it faster than you think.
What happens if I over fill it? Doesn’t look like anyway to check levels on this thing

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
Wanted to update this thread a little bit because my springs arrived. I noticed the p/ns for the front are for the FK8 (h&r 28714-1) and the rears are for the FL5 (h&r 28714-2).

Either the FL5 kit is just an FK8 front with different specs for the rear or I got sent a mismatched kit.

I'm inclined to think it's the former but I haven't reached out to the supplier or manufacturer about it yet.