• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Front-end tick; based on wheel speed vs. engine speed

Curl2TheHouse

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT ABP, 2000 Civic EM1 EBP
Hey everyone, I got my Integra back in December and have put about 1,500 miles on it thus far. One item that has left me stumped is a subtle tick noise coming from the front end/engine bay area that I only notice while on the highway. Typically becomes loud enough to hear over a normal radio at or above 50mph. At first I thought it was coming from the engine itself, but if I engage the clutch and drop down to ~2k rpm while still coasting on the highway, the sound remains at a constant rhythm and will change pitch based on wheel speed rather than engine speed. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm thinking either tires or possibly a CV axle but since I can only hear it while driving, I'm not sure how to diagnose. For now, it's just a noise and doesn't seem to have any related shimmy or vibration in steering.

I've debated asking if the dealer will take it for a drive with me so I can point it out but wanted to see if anyone else has run into this as well. I've also had my fair share of issues at my dealer (dealer specific) so this has been fairly low on the priority list in terms of things they need to fix. Thanks in advance for any input.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Checked your tires for foreign objects?