Sponsored


Experience with JB4 modification

dpm7471

New Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
NC
Car(s)
2026 Acura Integra Type S
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone Has modified their engine with the JB4 tuner. If so, can you comment on what you like and dislike about it?

Has it caused any damage to any engine components?

Thanks in advance
Sponsored

 

UWU-mancer

Senior Member
First Name
UWU
Joined
Jul 17, 2025
Threads
4
Messages
941
Reaction score
651
Location
colorado
Car(s)
type s
A few friends have on Audis and vw’s

I don’t recommend. Fooling the ecu to get more boost is not how to do things. Also, if you’re worried about warranty. I promise you, the dealerships can absolutely see if you had one plugged in.

do things right and be willing to take responsibility bro (respectfully speaking, of course)
 

LookAtMyHorse

Senior Member
Joined
May 15, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
59
Reaction score
81
Location
WA
Car(s)
'25 ITS, '26 Rivian R1S
A few friends have on Audis and vw’s

I don’t recommend. Fooling the ecu to get more boost is not how to do things. Also, if you’re worried about warranty. I promise you, the dealerships can absolutely see if you had one plugged in.

do things right and be willing to take responsibility bro (respectfully speaking, of course)
There's nothing wrong with a man-in-the-middle attack as long as you intercept and recompute *everything* without adding too much latency, and these guys have been doing this for a while. That said, even though I ran a JB on my 335xi, I would probably just get a Hondata or Cobb for this car.
 

UWU-mancer

Senior Member
First Name
UWU
Joined
Jul 17, 2025
Threads
4
Messages
941
Reaction score
651
Location
colorado
Car(s)
type s
There's nothing wrong with a man-in-the-middle attack as long as you intercept and recompute *everything* without adding too much latency, and these guys have been doing this for a while. That said, even though I ran a JB on my 335xi, I would probably just get a Hondata or Cobb for this car.
There’s a lot wrong with it. It’s performance is incredibly unrefined. Reliability is a major concern, ask the Veloster n crowd who early adopted. Stinger guys with the v6 would go onto limp mode on track. The tq spikes destroying Elantra n dual clutch tran’s clutch packs And the list goes on.

to be real with you tho. I never tried one. Or any piggy back type device for decades. Clearly you have. That’s dope bro šŸ‘šŸ½ but me? I need shit done right. This car is too expensive to do em half assed. The days of wiring a greddy e-mange incorrectly over and over and over only to finally get it right and be incredibly underwhelmed are behind me dude. šŸ‘šŸ½
 
Last edited:

Sponsored

ModJPB

Member
First Name
Jason
Joined
Oct 4, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
42
Reaction score
17
Location
New Jersey
Car(s)
22 Civic Sport Touring CVT
NO to JB4! JB4 is for cars that have no other options. It's not a real ecu tune. It's a piggyback system that feeds modified sensor data to the OEM ECU programming, tricking it to run out of specification. Trouble is the safety limits will be out of specification to, which is not safe for the engine long term.

Crazy thing is a JB4 nowadays is really expensive. When I was younger we could get these for like $60 and use it for messing around on old cheap cars, not worrying about breaking them. A TypeR is not cheap and will hold its value as it ages, if you don't blow it up. Moral of the story, "DON'T BLOW IT UP", for slightly more money buy a real tuning device, for TypeR get hondata, for 1.5T get Ktuner.
 

26Bully

New Member
First Name
Keith
Joined
Jun 18, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
1
Reaction score
2
Location
GA
Car(s)
Acura Integra Type S
A few friends have on Audis and vw’s

I don’t recommend. Fooling the ecu to get more boost is not how to do things. Also, if you’re worried about warranty. I promise you, the dealerships can absolutely see if you had one plugged in.

do things right and be willing to take responsibility bro (respectfully speaking, of course)
UWU I'm sorry but you are not correct at all, using a JB4 is probably the safest way to tune your Integra... The JB4 doesn't reprogram the ECU ot just over rides it and being a plug in you can disconnect it when you take it to get serviced now it is not like flashing the ECU so you will not get the maximum power but with a few mod (dp, intakes and gapped performance plugs (HKS or Denso) you will get significant increase in HP (40-60HP)....Oh and don't forget with E30 fuel you can use Map3+.
 

ABPDE5

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2023
Threads
12
Messages
780
Reaction score
634
Location
ME
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S

SKINNIE

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
121
Reaction score
112
Location
DFW TX
Car(s)
ISF, 23' BB FL5
It baffles me people will spend $50k+ on a car, and then choose a piggyback device that lies to their ECU (especially on a complicated, closed-loop modern system like this one) over a real tuning solution just to save $100.
It's 2026. Leave the piggyback stuff back in the early 2000s
Sponsored

 
 





Top