• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Drivetrain vibration / metal rattle sound

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
I noticed the exact same sound in my ITS around 400 miles. I can hear it very clear if it is in third gear at 40mph and I let completely off the gas changing the load on the engine to slow down it is very pronounced. I thought there was something wrong, but everything checked out and I couldn't place the noise myself. This is my first turbo car, so I appreciate this post. Relieves a little stress.

ApexBlueITS

First Name
De
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra ITS Apex Blue, BMW E39 M5, Audi S4
Yeah that's not the "wastegate" thing at all. Get under your car and figure that out- better yet, get it into the dealer ASAP.

I'd take a good solid look under the car to make sure it's nothing obvious before I drove it anymore, to me that noise is not normal.
I put the car on the lift and found the problem. The TPMS sensor was knocked loose upon impact of animal. Thank goodness nothing serious.

OP
OP
optronix

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I put the car on the lift and found the problem. The TPMS sensor was knocked loose upon impact of animal. Thank goodness nothing serious.
TPMS? Isn't that inside the tire?

OP
OP
optronix

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yes. Inside the tire. I rotated the tire with my hand and can hear the TPMS rattling loose.
Literally never heard of that and didn't know it was possible. Thought it was secured via the valve stem, but admittedly have never replaced one myself... I smacked the shit out of a curb just the other day (not the first time)- figured that would have more of an impact than with an animal.

Live and learn. Glad to hear it was sorted.

Nezd

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Civic Type R Fk8
I don't really know how else to describe this- but basically when I'm at around 3500 or so rpm and very light throttle, I can hear and feel a slight vibration. It reminds of a heat shield rattle, and clutch chatter, but not really exactly like either. It's not dependent on any one gear.

I've heard there are noises associated with the electronic wastegate but the videos I've heard don't really match what I'm experiencing in my car. And I can't duplicate without the clutch fully engaged which leads me to believe it's drivetrain related. But it's close so I wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing this.

I've had some run-ins with random interior buzzes and rattles that seem to come and go, but this one is fairly easily duplicated. I'm naively hoping it goes away as I continue to accumulate miles as part of the break-on procedure, because I REALLY don't want to have to chase this down with a dealer tech...
Some time has passed, but have you solved the problem and if so, how? I have exactly the same problem with my FK8 right now

OP
OP
optronix

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It's less obvious, or I've gotten more used to it, or both. It doesn't bother me nearly as much.

But it is definitely still there.