• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Delivered vehicle not matching the reservation

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
porsche is the same way. And that’s what one would expect. An entire system dedicated to the pre delivery process. Porsche gives you a timeline to view online and you can even track the cargo ship it’s on.
BMW as well. Technically Acura has this system. It’s just that only the dealer has access to the system.

My sales guy was able to tell me once the order was processed, the build date, the ship date, the arrival window, and can even see where it is now. Today it’s in Kentucky.

dmorey

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes CLA250, Honda Civic-EX coupe
It shouldn't vary by region but my salesman said that Acura is giving them very little information about actual orders or shipments. It's been a very frustrating experience for us. Acura's not making any new friends here. 'Just hope it was all worth it once we finally get our new Integra.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
It shouldn't vary by region but my salesman said that Acura is giving them very little information about actual orders or shipments. It's been a very frustrating experience for us. Acura's not making any new friends here. 'Just hope it was all worth it once we finally get our new Integra.
Sounds like he’s uninformed.

OP
OP
Decks515

Decks515

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec 6mt
It may be that the Acura factory sales rep for the Northeast isn't doing his job.
Shouldn't a luxury brand have higher standards?
Exactly. That's why Acura isn't quite there yet. They may have the product but... Acura, can you say "CUSTOMER SERVICE".
I have fairly strong opinions on customer service. I'll summarize it with this. It doesn't matter if some reps provide the best service in the world, what matters is lowest level of service that people regularly receive.

A brand will never be premium in my mind until it consistently provides exceptional service.

If people in the same role for varying areas or regions don't follow a higher standard, then the company isn't enforcing it. Even with dealerships, which they don't own, they will base their service standards on the expectations of the brand they partner with.

MLowe05

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 G70 Sport 6MT
If you guys think the Integra rollout is a dumpster fire, you should see the Ford Maverick.. yikes. 8 months so far and still no build date.

We have a build week of first week of July for our Integra. Should we reach out and ask to see the list showing our name, trims, transmission?

Leehro

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
We have a build week of first week of July for our Integra. Should we reach out and ask to see the list showing our name, trims, transmission?
it can’t hurt to ask. I test drove the demo car on Friday at my dealership and saw the “on-order detail report” showing my name, trim, color, trans, and build date. last Week the salesman had only told me “late July”. He was right but I sure don’t regret verifying what a car salesman tells me.

OP
OP
Decks515

Decks515

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec 6mt
If you guys think the Integra rollout is a dumpster fire, you should see the Ford Maverick.. yikes. 8 months so far and still no build date.

Overall the rollout has been "okay". My situation may also be an isolated incident. I imagine as all of the reservations are fulfilled, we'll find out if this is the case.

Good on Ford for making desirable vehicles and offering reservations, but all of the recent major releases have been poorly handled. Between them not prioritizing fulfillment of the reservations, and their out of control dealership network multiplying MSRPs, I had no desire to get into any of their products.

JohnV

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 Ford C-Max Energi '19 Acura RDX
you should see the Ford Maverick.. yikes.
I think there's two valid points.

The Integra rollout has been fairly successful compared to some of the other ones that have been going on. And I'm not saying that to minimize what Sean has dealt with. Every customer counts. Somebody clearly dropped the ball on this deal, but no one demonstrates the authority to pick it up. They are making hundreds of Integras a week, making one Blue/White car would be possible in a 2-3 week period. Thankfully, we're not hearing dozens of stories like his, as we did with the Ford Bronco.

However, Acura has a way to go, maybe is better regarded as near-luxury. Some of the finer aspects aren't there, like soft close glovebox, substantial rear doors, just to name a few shortcomings I see in mine. I think it's flat unfair to expect the same from Acura you get from Porsche or Lexus.

IMO that's all reflected in the pricing. Luxury cars are selling for 60-100K+.