• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Delivered vehicle not matching the reservation

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Could be the dealership dropped the ball, or Acura may have screwed up on their end like they said. I feel both are at least in part responsible, as there should be some sort of system in place to confirm it matches the reservation.
There is. I’ve seen it with my own eyes. It’s some sort of tool that shows allocation. Shows the color and transmission and then has the name of the person it’s for. And when the VIN came in I double checked it with the VIN look up tool. I definitely feel the disappointment. But at least they are trying to make it right asap.

Attachments

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Yeah, they've given me 2 choices they do have coming in. I keep going back and forth on them. Basically the same thing that happened with the reservation, but replace Apex Blue/Orchid with Red/Black ... only the illuminated A emblem won't look as good on the red, unless you change the light for a "warm white" instead but that's a mod for another topic
When I bought my type s in 03 I wanted blue really bad. All they had on the lot was 3 red ones. I never regretted getting red. But I’d call every dealer in FL and see if they can trade. I can see a couple on the build and price when it looks for inventory that have blue manuals coming. Not sure if they’re spoken for though. If that doesn’t work out grab the other color. You’ll love it either way.

JohnV

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 Ford C-Max Energi '19 Acura RDX
I too am bummed for you. Lots of great feedback from other members here. I probably fall into the camp that says "I ordered something, I want what I ordered. Mistakes happen, but I expect you to make it right." I would say this to the dealer, because they are the one that cashed my deposit, and trust that they can leverage their relationship with Acura to make it right. Although I have heard many stories when you get satisfaction by going to the Mfr.
To me this is different from not finding the color you want on a lot, and settling for a second choice. Theoretically you could have ordered, waited, and possibly paid more to get exactly what you wanted, but you choose to settle. This is an order, and it's fair to expect exactly what you ordered. If I'm at the restaurant, and I order asparagus and get brussel sprouts, it's reasonable to ask for what I ordered.

OP
OP
Decks515

Decks515

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec 6mt
When I bought my type s in 03 I wanted blue really bad. All they had on the lot was 3 red ones. I never regretted getting red. But I’d call every dealer in FL and see if they can trade. I can see a couple on the build and price when it looks for inventory that have blue manuals coming. Not sure if they’re spoken for though. If that doesn’t work out grab the other color. You’ll love it either way.
I was able to locate 1 listed in transit within 250 miles. That dealership requires mandatory accessories including an oil change plan (which is concurrent to the one provided by Acura). My dealer has submitted a trade request, if they agree I'll still get msrp.

I too am bummed for you. Lots of great feedback from other members here. I probably fall into the camp that says "I ordered something, I want what I ordered. Mistakes happen, but I expect you to make it right." I would say this to the dealer, because they are the one that cashed my deposit, and trust that they can leverage their relationship with Acura to make it right. Although I have heard many stories when you get satisfaction by going to the Mfr.
I'm probably not going to get satisfaction from the manufacturer. Their representative said "We don't have access to see the reservations or orders that were made" then suggested calling other dealerships to see if someone who ordered an automatic was sent a manual ... so that was a bust

It was a let down for sure, but the dealership is doing what they can to fix it. They would order another manual Apex Blue, but can't at the moment, and I am ready to be rid of the unreliable beater I currently have. If I was able to wait longer, it would be no issue to eventually get what I ordered, but I gave myself a time crunch and the other options are acceptable to me ... Acura really doesn't have any bad colors ... I just might end up in Sith colors instead of Jedi

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Red Honda Civic Type R
I’m not happy with colors either. Red is my favorite color. Ideally I would want Performance Red with Black interior. I had to settle for Liquid Carbon Metalic with Red interior. That was the only way to get a bit of red in my car and to also avoid all white options.

OP
OP
Decks515

Decks515

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I’m not happy with colors either. Red is my favorite color. Ideally I would want Performance Red with Black interior. I had to settle for Liquid Carbon Metalic with Red interior. That was the only way to get a bit of red in my car and to also avoid all white options.
In truth I liked them all ... I was more upset that I had a favorite, ordered it, and I got right to sitting down in it and nobody had caught the mistake ... The guy was even talking to me about how I ordered a manual and didn't realize he pulled up an automatic ... I wasn't hyped on it, I had a realistic understanding of what I was buying (a nice civic) and as soon as I touched "mine" I had to let it go. I was more excited that I'd be getting basic features like working interior lights and cruise control again, while doubling the fuel economy from my old z28

When reserving the car I was back and forth on if I wanted "Sith" (Carbon Gray/red) or Jedi (Apex Blue/Orchid) and knew I didn't want the storm trooper (White/red) or Vader (black/black)

Leehro

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
I’m waiting for Performance Red with Ebony interior. It’s a combo they are building, just wasn’t in the initial 4 reservation options. But I didn’t make my reservation early anyways, so I decided to hold off for what I really wanted.

OP
OP
Decks515

Decks515

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I’m waiting for Performance Red with Ebony interior. It’s a combo they are building, just wasn’t in the initial 4 reservation options. But I didn’t make my reservation early anyways, so I decided to hold off for what I really wanted.
From looking at the combo on the TLX it looks good ... it's one of the 2 my dealership has offered as an alternative if they can't trade, and since my original thought was "I am tired of white, gray, and black" I am leaning towards that one.

At this point I'm more upset at Acura's response. While the wording was nicer, they basically said "can't help you" on a mistake that they were at a minimum involved in ... A friend of mine worded it best. Acura catfished me!

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
In truth I liked them all ... I was more upset that I had a favorite, ordered it, and I got right to sitting down in it and nobody had caught the mistake ... The guy was even talking to me about how I ordered a manual and didn't realize he pulled up an automatic ... I wasn't hyped on it, I had a realistic understanding of what I was buying (a nice civic) and as soon as I touched "mine" I had to let it go. I was more excited that I'd be getting basic features like working interior lights and cruise control again, while doubling the fuel economy from my old z28

When reserving the car I was back and forth on if I wanted "Sith" (Carbon Gray/red) or Jedi (Apex Blue/Orchid) and knew I didn't want the storm trooper (White/red) or Vader (black/black)
I'd be irritated that I made the trek if I were you, but the dealership is more responsible for failing to realize the allocation in their system was for a CVT model rather than 6MT--it's pretty odd that they didn't put it together before they had you come in, or when they pulled up in it. That's one of those issues that stands out. This may not be evidence of them requesting the incorrect model or Acura sending the incorrect model--there are a lot of vehicles outside of the reservation process that are shipping to dealerships and this could've been one of them, the salespeople might've just mistaken the details in their system for a 6MT model.

It sounds like the dealership is doing the best they can for you in offering one of their two incoming 6MT models, but from what I've heard, it's tough out there to get dealerships to swap currently. Hopefully you like one of those two, or can find one in a reasonable radius without a markup--Apex/Orchid was a pretty common allocation in the calling I did through dealerships in Ohio.

OP
OP
Decks515

Decks515

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'd be irritated that I made the trek if I were you, but the dealership is more responsible for failing to realize the allocation in their system was for a CVT model rather than 6MT--it's pretty odd that they didn't put it together before they had you come in, or when they pulled up in it. That's one of those issues that stands out. This may not be evidence of them requesting the incorrect model or Acura sending the incorrect model--there are a lot of vehicles outside of the reservation process that are shipping to dealerships and this could've been one of them, the salespeople might've just mistaken the details in their system for a 6MT model.

It sounds like the dealership is doing the best they can for you in offering one of their two incoming 6MT models, but from what I've heard, it's tough out there to get dealerships to swap currently. Hopefully you like one of those two, or can find one in a reasonable radius without a markup--Apex/Orchid was a pretty common allocation in the calling I did through dealerships in Ohio.
The allocation from Acura had my name on that VIN, so it was an order and/or fulfillment issue. I mentioned earlier that I felt both the dealership and Acura held some responsibility for the mix up and I still believe it. Even though there is a chart to match the VIN to the trim, I haven't seen any sort of verification to match the vehicle ordered or sent on a reservation to the reservation itself. However, the dealership is at least making that effort, while Acura basically brushed me off.

At this point while I have my preference, and I can accept any of the 3 likely outcomes. If I get a Sith car my rear emblem will be crossed lightsabers instead of the Tardis.

I mainly want to keep the thread open to see if others come forward in the next few weeks with similar stories. That would be a telltale sign that Acura screwed up the reservation ordering and fulfillment process.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
To me this is different from not finding the color you want on a lot, and settling for a second choice.
Totally agree. It’s very different. He ordered what he wanted and it got messed up. I guess my point was that I don’t think he’d regret it at the end of the day depending on what’s more important. Getting the car sooner vs the color.

If I'm at the restaurant, and I order asparagus and get brussel sprouts, it's reasonable to ask for what I ordered.
Great example. I’d absolutely want what I ordered. But if I’m super hungry, I’m still good with brussel sprouts too. And might even realize that they were better than the asparagus. Never know. Maybe it’s a blessing in disguise and the black interior is better for him than orchid.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
What’s interesting is that I noticed on the inventory search after the build and price on Acura’s site, that my dealer had a blue CVT and blue manual in transit. This was within my build date range. I was certain that the CVT was mine. Turns out that they got a transfer from another dealer who for whatever reason wanted 2 base models my dealer had allocated. The next day mine was also built and in transit. Oddly enough even though the other blue CVT was in transit first, my VIN is 5 builds before the other one.

Point is that transfers do happen. Even for manuals.

OP
OP
Decks515

Decks515

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
To finalize my situation, at least for now. The other dealership made my decision for me. I wasn't willing to pay their mark-up and they rejected the trade with my current one. I have one that will call me if the person backs out of their reservation when the car arrives, but I don't expect that to happen.

So Sith (Red/Black) comes in about a month, and I'm good with going to the dark side. Red is my 2nd preference for color, and I do prefer black interior more. I consider it a wash on how close I'm getting to my ideal combination.

In this experience my surprise was that it was Acura who has dropped the ball in how it is being handled. All but the 1 dealership that actually had an unclaimed car were very understanding and had some suggestions or ideas to help.

dmorey

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes CLA250, Honda Civic-EX coupe
Honda/Acura builds a great car but they're far from becoming a true luxury brand. When we ordered our Mercedes CLA, our salesman gave us the tracking number so that we could follow it's progress as the ship left Germany, stopped in England, crossed the Atlantic, and finally landed in port in Baltimore where the car was unloaded, before coming to Vermont. We knew exactly where our order was every step of the way and when to expect delivery. My wife's new Blue A-Spec/Tech/CVT is on order, has been on order, and is coming sometime, maybe, don't know when. Our salesman has been great but Acura has been totally disorganized with this new Integra roll-out. The reservation system is a complete joke. Acura is shipping all sorts of random unsold cars to dealers before even shipping the reserved orders they already have; the ones with paid deposits and meaningless reservation numbers.

Litflynt912

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Civic EXL HB 2023 Integra A Spec Tech
Honda/Acura builds a great car but they're far from becoming a true luxury brand. When we ordered our Mercedes CLA, our salesman gave us the tracking number so that we could follow it's progress as the ship left Germany, stopped in England, crossed the Atlantic, and finally landed in port in Baltimore where the car was unloaded, before coming to Vermont. We knew exactly where our order was every step of the way and when to expect delivery. My wife's new Blue A-Spec/Tech/CVT is on order, has been on order, and is coming sometime, maybe, don't know when. Our salesman has been great but Acura has been totally disorganized with this new Integra roll-out. The reservation system is a complete joke. Acura is shipping all sorts of random unsold cars to dealers before even shipping the reserved orders they already have; the ones with paid deposits and meaningless reservation numbers.
porsche is the same way. And that’s what one would expect. An entire system dedicated to the pre delivery process. Porsche gives you a timeline to view online and you can even track the cargo ship it’s on.