• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Delivered vehicle not matching the reservation

Decks515

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec 6mt
Today I had the biggest letdown I've had in a very long time. I got my call from the dealership yesterday that my car had been delivered. Got an email from Acura that my car is ready and to enter the VIN to convert my NFT. Went to take delivery after work, and as soon as I sat in it I noticed the problem. It had the wrong transmission. The manual was the most important feature to me.

I have my reservation confirmations from both the dealership and Acura from March 10th, for a 6MT. The dealership says Acura messed up fulfillment, and given what I saw of how the dealerships submitted their orders I feel that's most likely. However, nobody at the dealership bothered to check that the vehicle with my name matched the vehicle I ordered either.

I have contacted Acura Customer Care and the automated response says "We are currently experiencing higher than normal volume, but will respond as quickly as possible." So I'm wondering if Acura has a lot of people with this issue.

Ultimately it didn't matter who is "at fault" as both parties could've communicated better and confirmed the vehicle the dealership ordered, and vehicle they were sent matched what was reserved. Blame doesn't resolve anything, responsiblity does.

To their credit, the dealership is trying to make it right. There isn't any Apex Blue A-spec Tech package 6MT unclaimed available in our region, at least not for the next few months. They have offered me a Gray or Red one they're expecting within the next month, and still at MSRP and no unwanted accessories.

Truly my heart sank. The gray is nice, so it's the red. The red interior looks much better in person. But I had my heart set on that Apex Blue, and it looks like that won't be an option for me with a manual unless Acura fixes the mistake.

On a much less important side note. I'm wondering if I'll still be able to convert my NFT. Even if it's incorrect, I turned down delivery of the car that was made to fulfill my reservation.

OP
OP
Decks515

Decks515

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
brooo that hurts. Hoping you get that blue unicorn with a proper transmission soon!
Me too. My pre-approval is good for 60 days from last week. If Acura doesn't fix it, I'm thinking I'll take the red one the dealership is getting next month ... However Blue is definitely preferred.

It would be a shame to always look at my car and know it wasn't what I really wanted.

Partially started the thread to see if it turns out to be a common issue over the next few weeks, while the reservations are fulfilled.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Did u contact the dealer after reserving? I didn't hear from them in the first week or so. I then contacted and the salesman I spoke with said that the online orders are assigned. He was nice so I asked him to be my sales guy and he worked that out. After which I would periodically contact hike via text on updates. Confirmed my color and package with him. Also confirmed upon delivery that gas tank was full and no front license plate bracket. Needless to say my Teggy was on the first delivery there.

OP
OP
Decks515

Decks515

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Did u contact the dealer after reserving? I didn't hear from them in the first week or so. I then contacted and the salesman I spoke with said that the online orders are assigned. He was nice so I asked him to be my sales guy and he worked that out. After which I would periodically contact hike via text on updates. Confirmed my color and package with him. Also confirmed upon delivery that gas tank was full and no front license plate bracket. Needless to say my Teggy was on the first delivery there.
Mine contacted me a couple hours after the reservation was submitted and confirmed all my details. After their confirmation call they sent their confirmation email which matched what I had requested. I've been in contact, touching base every couple weeks since

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Mine contacted me a couple hours after the reservation was submitted and confirmed all my details. After their confirmation call they sent their confirmation email which matched what I had requested. I've been in contact, touching base every couple weeks since
Oh wow. So your dealer was more responsive and just dropped the ball when ordering. Let's hope they can get another or possibly trade the CVT to another dealership.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
For what it's worth, that Apex Blue (and Liquid Carbon) may end up being more common than the Performance Red--long term. you might end up with a car that'll hold more value if you get the Red.

math4scher

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra - Apex Blue Orchid White Manual
For what it's worth, that Apex Blue (and Liquid Carbon) may end up being more common than the Performance Red--long term. you might end up with a car that'll hold more value if you get the Red.
I am so very sorry that happened to you - as I can feel your disappointment/pain! I know from own absolutely AWFUL experience that if you "settle" on a color that you truly didn't want, then you'll regret it every single day. In all due respect to RUNN1N, although RUNN1N's point is very well taken, one does not typically buy a car for better resale value - one buys a car to enjoy while they own it! RUNN1N is certainly right about Apex Blue (and Liquid Carbon) being more common and that's most likely because those two are the "best" exterior colors in the eyes of most customers - subjective as that may be! In my honest opinion, do whatever it takes the get the car you want/preordered - get the Apex Blue and nothing else!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Decks515

Decks515

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Oh wow. So your dealer was more responsive and just dropped the ball when ordering. Let's hope they can get another or possibly trade the CVT to another dealership.
Could be the dealership dropped the ball, or Acura may have screwed up on their end like they said. I feel both are at least in part responsible, as there should be some sort of system in place to confirm it matches the reservation.

OP
OP
Decks515

Decks515

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I am so very sorry that happened to you - as I can feel your disappointment/pain! I know from own absolutely AWFUL experience that if you "settle" on a color that you truly didn't want, then you'll regret it every single day. In all due respect to RUNN1N, although RUNN1N's point is very well taken, one does not typically buy a car for better resale value - one buys a car to enjoy while they own it! RUNN1N is certainly right about Apex Blue (and Liquid Carbon) being more common and that's most likely because those two are the "best" exterior colors in the eyes of most customers - subjective as that may be! In my honest opinion, do whatever it takes the get the car you want/preordered - get the Apex Blue and nothing else!
I settled on a silver truck when I wanted red in the past. Still loved the truck.

The real disappointment is waiting nearly 3 months and then not only is the vehicle delivered not what I had configured, they can't get what was ordered. I'd prefer blue, but am more dissatisfied with the experience than the color issue.

math4scher

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I settled on a silver truck when I wanted red in the past. Still loved the truck.

The real disappointment is waiting nearly 3 months and then not only is the vehicle delivered not what I had configured, they can't get what was ordered. I'd prefer blue, but am more dissatisfied with the experience than the color issue.
I certainly understand that perspective as well, because that exact scenario also happened to me! Waited 3 months for a car to be built/shipped and it finally arrived - correct color, but incorrect transmission. The experience left a very bad taste in my mouth and then I needed to wait another 2-3 months for my correct car to be built/shipped! You're right about that - it was the experience and for me another long wait that was miserable!

math4scher

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Sorry that I misunderstood your disappointment! Hang in there and stay positive - as it will all be made right before you know it!

OP
OP
Decks515

Decks515

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The experience left a very bad taste in my mouth and then I needed to wait another 2-3 months for my correct car to be built/shipped! You're right about that - it was the experience and for me another long wait that was miserable!
That bad taste is what I don't want attached to the car. I got pre-approved for the loan when they gave me my delivery date. There is no telling when they'll be able to get the configuration I want, so if I do wait 2+ months I'll have to get another hard credit pull, and likely a higher rate.

math4scher

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That bad taste is what I don't want attached to the car. I got pre-approved for the loan when they gave me my delivery date. There is no telling when they'll be able to get the configuration I want, so if I do wait 2+ months I'll have to get another hard credit pull, and likely a higher rate.
Hopefully your dealership will work extremely hard to make this right as quickly as possible - and you will not have to deal with the wait/possible higher interest rates. It sounds like they are committed to do this for you - as well they should!

OP
OP
Decks515

Decks515

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hopefully your dealership will work extremely hard to make this right as quickly as possible - and you will not have to deal with the wait/possible higher interest rates. It sounds like they are committed to do this for you - as well they should!
Yeah, they've given me 2 choices they do have coming in. I keep going back and forth on them. Basically the same thing that happened with the reservation, but replace Apex Blue/Orchid with Red/Black ... only the illuminated A emblem won't look as good on the red, unless you change the light for a "warm white" instead but that's a mod for another topic