• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Default Mode

gsennett

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
Is it possible to program the Individual driving mode as the default mode rather than Sport?

Palut

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
There is a module you can buy from Idlestopper and install that will do it, but in the car's stock form, no.

I've got the module and it's great. Install was easy and they have instructions on YouTube.

OP
OP

gsennett

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
There is a module you can buy from Idlestopper and install that will do it, but in the car's stock form, no.

I've got the module and it's great. Install was easy and they have instructions on YouTube.
Thanks, I'll check it out!

QUIKAG

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2022 CT5-V Blackwing 6M
I do like there is a specific physical button for individual mode so it takes less than a second to hit that button after starting the car.

JCJai

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Abarth 500, 2024 Integra Type S
a second to hit that button after starting the car.
Right? all that effort to install the module, including watching the video, that's all the seconds you'll ever need to hit the button until the day you die or the car dies.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
^^^ I was going to say the same, but I'm not.

The button is pretty quick though. It's part of the startup routine for me.

remowilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS LCM
What I don't understand is why it seems to startup somewhat randomly. Sometimes it's sport sometimes it's comfort.

Palut

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
For me it's not about the time it takes to hit the Individual button, it's about me occasionally forgetting to hit it.

I hate stopping at a light or stop sign and having the engine suddenly shut off due to idle stop not being deactivated.

The short install has been totally worth it for me to avoid that. Plus, it was one more chance to tinker with the car.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
What I don't understand is why it seems to startup somewhat randomly. Sometimes it's sport sometimes it's comfort.
From what I understand, if the car is in sport plus when you shut it off, it will start up in sport. If it's in any other mode, it will default to comfort. At least I think that's the way it works.

Midnight_VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
I remember reading somewhere it had to do with the suspension setting. My individual mode I have my suspension in comfort and everything else sport+. Mine always starts in comfort, which is fine by me as I prefer to be in quiet mode until I leave my neighborhood.

ST675R

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'10 Triumph Street Triple R; '17 VW GTI
For me it's not about the time it takes to hit the Individual button, it's about me occasionally forgetting to hit it.
I put mine in comfort for the default mode. Those blue rings around the tach and speedometer always remind me to hit the individual button.

spyder

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 IS350, 2019 TT Roadster, 2024 ITS
I'm usually in individual mode before the needle sweep is done. After 4 months, it's pretty much muscle memory to hit the individual button right after starting. And for the times when I happen to forget, I usually remember before releasing the parking brake.