• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Android Auto Map/Wyze not switching to Night mode Automatically

mugendc4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5
Anyone have issues Maps/Wyze not switching to night mode automatically? Day/Night mode for maps was set on Automatic and it seems to do nothing. I went to the Dev option and change Day/Night mode to Phone-controlled and it works until I turned off the car. Once the car starts up again, it's back to Day mode. Car-controlled doesn't seem to do anything. I prefer to have Day mode in the morning and switch to the Night mode later but it's either stuck on one or the other settings. My old Pioneer deck was able to do this but not sure why it's not working here

TEPTeggy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I'm not sure why it won't stay at phone controlled when you start up the car.

I did notice that when the car is controlling it, it goes based off of the time. I wish it would just switch when the lights come on.

OP
OP
mugendc4

mugendc4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5
I'm not sure why it won't stay at phone controlled when you start up the car.

I did notice that when the car is controlling it, it goes based off of the time. I wish it would just switch when the lights come on.
When I was using the Pioneer AVX-4500, car-controlled worked based on when I turn on my headlights, the maps auto-switch to dark mode. I know google did something that broke it and changed it based on time. For some reason, Car-controlled doesn't seem to work for me in the Type S.. It's always showing Day mode..

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Make sure in the AA Day/Night mode settings on your phone it's set to automatic

Screenshot_20240318-155806.png

Strange how my dev settings is unchecked

Screenshot_20240318-160107.png

OP
OP
mugendc4

mugendc4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5
Make sure in the AA Day/Night mode settings on your phone it's set to automatic

Screenshot_20240318-155806.png

Strange how my dev settings is unchecked

Screenshot_20240318-160107.png
Thanks... Mine was setup Automatic in the Main and in Dev (Car-controlled).. But i'll double check again if it working.. Unfortunately I can't tell if it working correctly until the day of the time. Is yours working correctly? I'm using Samsung galaxy s24u if that makes any difference.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I'm using a google pixel. But yes it works. I'm not sure if it's a time thing or tied to the headlights. I'll play with it an find out

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
So flipped the headlights on and it didn't go into dark mode.. so most be a time thing or the cars light sensor

TEPTeggy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
So flipped the headlights on and it didn't go into dark mode.. so most be a time thing or the cars light sensor
I'm pretty sure I have it as automatic because I too was trying to get it to work in the way you are describing. One day I noticed while my lights were still on it switched to day mode at exactly 7:30am. Then I saw it switch to dark mode at exactly 6:30pm.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Verified. I just covered the light sensor below the camera and it switched to dark mode

OP
OP
mugendc4

mugendc4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5
Verified. I just covered the light sensor below the camera and it switched to dark mode
ahhhh that makes sense now why it wasn't working for me.. I was testing in the my garage with 10000LM shop lights lol. Guess I got to cover and play with the settings to see if I can get it to work at least somewhat.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
It's pretty instant I just threw a towel over it and it toggled.

OP
OP
mugendc4

mugendc4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5
It's pretty instant I just threw a towel over it and it toggled.
So, I was playing with the settings and I couldn't figure out why it kept on staying Day mode regardless. I thought my light sensor was busted or something but my headlights turns on when it's dark and also works when I block it with towel. After doing some digging, it's stupid yet simple.. If you have the Gauge at Max brightness, it will override Dark mode on the map. I just went one notch down and it works as how you describe :thumbsup:

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Interesting. Glad you got it working