• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Cruise control weirdness

Blek le Roc

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'73 Alfa GTV, '24 ITS
It seems like my ITS CC doesn't engage if the temperature outside is below 10* F.

Has anyone else up north had this issue?

Also, a while back it disengaged on its own during a drive where the temp dropped from slightly above 10 deg to below 10, and would not reengage.

I checked the manual and couldn't find anything related to that.

TIA

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Interesting. I have not heard anything regarding that quite yet. I don’t use my CC hardly ever though. Next month would be my first real test.

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
Used mine in such cold weather without issue...

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I also used mine in those temps. Now if your windshield gets that haze from salt it will interfere untill you wipe it away.

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I also used mine in those temps. Now if your windshield gets that haze from salt it will interfere untill you wipe it away.
But when this happens, you'll get all sort of orange lights and messages in your cluster.

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
It seems like my ITS CC doesn't engage if the temperature outside is below 10* F.

Has anyone else up north had this issue?

Also, a while back it disengaged on its own during a drive where the temp dropped from slightly above 10 deg to below 10, and would not reengage.

I checked the manual and couldn't find anything related to that.

TIA
Really weird. I can't tell you if this is a feature or a defect however running CC on anything but a nice (and above freezing) day is not a wise idea. I'm sure the systems have come a long way but if you hit some black ice or a puddle of water the controllability of the car might be compromised as the CC just keeps applying power.

Maybe for that reason at 10F and below it doesn't engage?

Padre Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra A-Spec, Tech. MT
I have experienced excessive braking when traveling beside another car and the freeway has a curve.. Going along at 75, the CC will brake when the car slightly in front of me but in another lane, my car will brake and drop to, say 50 mph. I then have to accelerate so as not to cause a series of collisions with the cars behind me. I stopped using ACC on the state route freeways in the Phoenix metro area.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I have experienced excessive braking when traveling beside another car and the freeway has a curve.. Going along at 75, the CC will brake when the car slightly in front of me but in another lane, my car will brake and drop to, say 50 mph. I then have to accelerate so as not to cause a series of collisions with the cars behind me. I stopped using ACC on the state route freeways in the Phoenix metro area.
Yeah it's not very good in the curves. I usually just assist it with using the throttle when a busy bend in the road happens.

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
And of course never use CC when the road is wet, snowy or icy!

OP
OP

Blek le Roc

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'73 Alfa GTV, '24 ITS
Bumping this thread to report that ever since the super-cold weather has passed my CC issue has not returned, so I'm concluding that it indeed was due to very low outside temps.

I'm not sure why I'm the only one who had that problem.

LCM23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A Spec Tech 6MT
It might not work if you have adaptive cruise enabled, which will use the sensors. Regular cruise should work

OP
OP

Blek le Roc

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'73 Alfa GTV, '24 ITS
It might not work if you have adaptive cruise enabled, which will use the sensors. Regular cruise should work
It didn't occur to me to try that. The next time it's super cold I will.

Thanks đź‘Ť