• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

crickets - some of my thoughts on the upcoming Integra Type S

OP
OP
evanescent03

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
This should go quick since they allowed journalists to drive and provide initial reviews already. This is way ahead of type r which occurred after they were at dealers.

Betting a NYC autoshow reveal with June acutal availability at dealers. An old rumor floated around from 2 sources that pointed to June availability...

this would be great! a couple months doesn't make a big difference but getting it earlier in the summer would let me squeeze in a couple track days before fall.

OP
OP
evanescent03

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
My thoughts are this car will be priced right at 47k and typical options will bring it to 50. I wish they would release some more information. Im wondering if the summer release means deliveries or if we will not see any reveal til summer , then with production starting after that no one gets a car until winter. My hope is a big reveal soon and orders start arriving this summer.
$47k would be great ... i still think unlikely considering the big gap between Si/Integra ... a "luxury apponited CTR" seems like it will command more of a price jump ... BUT if things like sunroof and premium audio are ~$1000 options then that might make sense. lower price is always better!

Bzal1122

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16 Tundra TRD Pro, 03 E46 M3, 23 gts4.0, 24 ITS
Yeah. You could be right. I don’t know if this car makes sense in the 50’s. Although I’ll get it still , I’m not sure how many will start to think the 10k adm on the CTR wasn’t so bad then.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I like everything that Integra23 said - I’d like to go with those options. All leather plus ventilation in the front for sure.

I’m sure you guys have seen these renderings but wow, he’s good at it & it’s exciting to look at until we get more info.

9B9E66F0-FEF0-45E3-930E-8E7CDDFEDBDE.jpeg

C46FE30F-F04C-4018-8CB3-5B74FFD6AC3D.jpeg

8D25BA55-03A6-42F2-A65C-8B808FE4D89F.jpeg

C76B7057-EA3E-41F3-B96E-978126C81DA7.jpeg

Bzal1122

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I like everything that Integra23 said - I’d like to go with those options. All leather plus ventilation in the front for sure.

I’m sure you guys have seen these renderings but wow, he’s good at it & it’s exciting to look at until we get more info.

9B9E66F0-FEF0-45E3-930E-8E7CDDFEDBDE.jpeg

C46FE30F-F04C-4018-8CB3-5B74FFD6AC3D.jpeg

8D25BA55-03A6-42F2-A65C-8B808FE4D89F.jpeg

C76B7057-EA3E-41F3-B96E-978126C81DA7.jpeg
Judging by the video Raiti’s Rides put out , I think these renders are probably spot on. And I really really like it. White or LBB ( hopefully) for me

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
$47k would be great ... i still think unlikely considering the big gap between Si/Integra ... a "luxury apponited CTR" seems like it will command more of a price jump ... BUT if things like sunroof and premium audio are ~$1000 options then that might make sense. lower price is always better!
Remember the SI is a sedan. The civic sport touring hatch is 31k which Brings the gap to the integra at 5k.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Judging by the video Raiti’s Rides put out , I think these renders are probably spot on. And I really really like it. White or LBB ( hopefully) for me
Me too. I have saved to my photos already to look at when I remember that I’m tired of waiting for new info. 😆

I still like LC with red but I would also like TEP but with red instead of white or black interior & that’s not a TLX or MDX option. I’m still leaning LC since the dealer said it’s stays looking clean the most. I’ve had so many black vehicles that I switched to a white pearl on my current Ram truck & although it’s easier to keep clean, now all the black dust & road grime shows up like mad & it drives me nuts. White with black does look amazing though!

Hopefully they have some other specialty colors to throw in the mix from the old days.

OP
OP
evanescent03

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
Remember the SI is a sedan. The civic sport touring hatch is 31k which Brings the gap to the integra at 5k.
good point .. forgot the hatch costs more ... if they made a hatch Si it would probably be even higher. positive thinking.

VtecBuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
I don't understand Honda's marketing strategies. They announce a vehicle is coming (in camo) and essentially stay silent for 6+ months on details. I think Toyota nailed it with the GRC's marketing. Lots of tiny easter eggs, but then they announced the car outright with lots of media publicity, and then continued churning out content and details until launch.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I don't understand Honda's marketing strategies. They announce a vehicle is coming (in camo) and essentially stay silent for 6+ months on details. I think Toyota nailed it with the GRC's marketing. Lots of tiny easter eggs, but then they announced the car outright with lots of media publicity, and then continued churning out content and details until launch.
Then people get the GR and stick it on a Dyno and see it's putting down 220hp.

hollis

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL 3rd Gen
They are having issues with proper Dyno for the GRC AWD system.
Whatever, it still achieves 0-60 4.9x second times. cant possibly be 220hp.

I have a local Toyota dealer offering a core GR Corolla at MSRP with 3 packages. It is a notch down on majority of performance and emotional connection aspects (clutch, steering, gearbox, etc feeling), except the AWD system but if the Type S doesnt work out and can't obtain a Type R then GRC will do!

Bzal1122

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
They are having issues with proper Dyno for the GRC AWD system.
Whatever, it still achieves 0-60 4.9x second times. cant possibly be 220hp.

I have a local Toyota dealer offering a core GR Corolla at MSRP with 3 packages. It is a notch down on majority of performance and emotional connection aspects (clutch, steering, gearbox, etc feeling), except the AWD system but if the Type S doesnt work out and can't obtain a Type R then GRC will do!
Are people actually confirmed to get a GRC? Sounds like they will be unobtainium.

VtecBuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
Are people actually confirmed to get a GRC? Sounds like they will be unobtainium.
A decent number of people have already received them. Also I believe Toyota has said they're planning to 8000 GRCs in the US each year, meanwhile Honda has only sent about 1000 Type Rs to the US since launch.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
Personally, for seats I'd rather take a better bolstered normal Integra seat over a CTR seat. Im a bigger buy and I'm buying for a daily that can be fun, not a track car that can also be dailied... If htey have a racing seat then I think Acura is actually not understanding their market right.

CTR = track car 1st that can be driven every day 2nd
ITS = Comfortable daily 1st, that can be taken to a tack 2nd

Ones for people that have a comfortable daily or are a younger crowd that doesn't care about comforts. The 2nd is for the more grown up crowd or those that have a track car and just want a fun daily as well.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Personally, for seats I'd rather take a better bolstered normal Integra seat over a CTR seat. Im a bigger buy and I'm buying for a daily that can be fun, not a track car that can also be dailied... If htey have a racing seat then I think Acura is actually not understanding their market right.

CTR = track car 1st that can be driven every day 2nd
ITS = Comfortable daily 1st, that can be taken to a tack 2nd

Ones for people that have a comfortable daily or are a younger crowd that doesn't care about comforts. The 2nd is for the more grown up crowd or those that have a track car and just want a fun daily as well.
Same here. The GR is a lot narrower of a vehicle then the integra/civic. I like my shoulder room and also need rear seats that are usable.