• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

BLOWN INTEGRA MOTOR😟

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 wrx, 2015nissan juke nismo, 15 scion frs
Not my motor but came across this video that looks a bit scary. People are saying in the comments it was pushing 26psi which is insane but yea check it out

OP
OP
RB2490

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Some more digging it appears they were running e85 and pushing alot of boost and spirited driving means driving the car hard to redline frequently

OP
OP
RB2490

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
And if anybody is watching ososick it was said he was running 32psi of boost which is pretty crazy. So it only makes sense that it was bound to happen. But no need to bash these people because they help teach us that there are limits and help us get a better understanding of what they are on this platform

Last edited:

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
And if anybody is running ososick it was said he was running 32psi of boost which is pretty crazy. So it only makes sense that it was bound to happen. But no need to bash these people because they help teach us that their are limits and help us get a better understanding of what they are on this platform
I thought I saw somewhere that they had already planned on doing an engine swap, so they were running this one to failure just to see what it could take. I'm no engineer, but isn't the essence of engineering making something, seeing what breaks it, then making it better?

OP
OP
RB2490

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I thought I saw somewhere that they had already planned on doing an engine swap, so they were running this one to failure just to see what it could take. I'm no engineer, but isn't the essence of engineering making something, seeing what breaks it, then making it better?
Exactly. My bad my grammer was terrible in that post. Posting so fast at work I never proof read. But in response to what your saying, I see alot of people on the youtube comments sort of bashing them but I think that's the OP's fault because they gave little to no info on mods or what really happen, But I agree with you. I respect them because they help us know the limits and the do's and don't on this platform.

OP
OP
RB2490

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That motor never had a shot now that I'm really looking at it. It really blew pretty bad

SteamedHams

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5G Integra 6MT
That motor never had a shot now that I'm really looking at it. It really blew pretty bad
Seriously, it was the automotive equivalent of a crack baby. Doomed as soon as they signed on the dotted line of the sales contract.

lnf

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lunar Silver, 6MT Integra
Im hoping that in 2 years from now, there will be enough data on the L15CAs tolerances that I will feel safe tuning the car outside of the warranty window.

Does anybody feel the L series get's more hate than it should? Maybe I'm biased... Ososik was running double the factory boost on his car with past shots of nitrous. No wonder it let go after a track session. Same with this VCD car running 26 psi.

OP
OP
RB2490

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Im hoping that in 2 years from now, there will be enough data on the L15CAs tolerances that I will feel safe tuning the car outside of the warranty window.

Does anybody feel the L series get's more hate than it should? Maybe I'm biased... Ososik was running double the factory boost on his car with past shots of nitrous. No wonder it let go after a track session. Same with this VCD car running 26 psi.
I still think it's safe to run a tune on this platform. I just don't think you should it's limits. This car already runs hot stock after a few pulls and heat should always be a major concern for stability and reliability when it comes to tuning. I think 21 psi would be the max I would ever push this car and if I decide to do tests, I do no more than 3 pulls a day and I usually do a little cool down in between.

People hate this integra so much but I think the integra is starting to be a hidden gem and f*** it , let them hate it, I hope they hate the type s too so that it's not over hyped and we can get some good prices lol.

lnf

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I still think it's safe to run a tune on this platform. I just don't think you should it's limits. This car already runs hot stock after a few pulls and heat should always be a major concern for stability and reliability when it comes to tuning. I think 21 psi would be the max I would ever push this car and if I decide to do tests, I do no more than 3 pulls a day and I usually do a little cool down in between.

People hate this integra so much but I think the integra is starting to be a hidden gem and f*** it , let them hate it, I hope they hate the type s too so that it's not over hyped and we can get some good prices lol.
Agreed on the hidden gem part sir. You don’t know how much s*** I got from my Honda friends when they learned that I put in an order.

OP
OP
RB2490

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Agreed on the hidden gem part sir. You don’t know how much s*** I got from my Honda friends when they learned that I put in an order.
Yea I got the same flack when I first got it. Most of people that complain about it have never driven it. They kept telling me to get the elantra N. I won't lie the elantra N is quick and fun but I just can't get past the looks on the exterior or interior and my wife (the boss) said there was no shot in hell that thing can be put in our driveway lol. She really thought it was hideous

lnf

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yea I got the same flack when I first got it. Most of people that complain about it have never driven it. They kept telling me to get the elantra N. I won't lie the elantra N is quick and fun but I just can't get past the looks on the exterior or interior and my wife (the boss) said there was no shot in hell that thing can be put in our driveway lol. She really thought it was hideous
The N vehicles are definitely cool performance wise. But they kind of lack in all other area’s imo. I’d rather just have a fun weekend car paired with the integra.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Those that say get the N are the same people that have never experienced an issue with the Korean auto duo. No thanks From this camp.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
It appears your wife has a keen eye for style, or - in the case of the Elantra - the total lack thereof.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
It appears your wife has a keen eye for style, or - in the case of the Elantra - the total lack thereof.
Haha. Yeah I just see Zoro markings on the side of that thing. Hyundai is the ugly step child of KIA.