• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

BLOWN INTEGRA MOTOR😟

OP
OP
RB2490

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 wrx, 2015nissan juke nismo, 15 scion frs
Just watched the video of the ososik civic si tear down. That car was targeting 29psi boost would see 32psi on e85. They made a comment about Honda/Acuras VSA possibly causing the issue because it pulled back timing during a slip event on hard launch. They recommend that people turn off VSA if they are going to floor this car with extra boost. I've been saying this forever since I started testing this car. Whenever I get in my car I usually put it on reduced

Escobar929

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 BMW M2cs, 2023 Acura Integra
The best thing about the Hyundai Ns is the sound, other than that it was a pass for me

CB750 rider

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra, 06 Five-Hundred, 2011 Express
Just watched the video of the ososik civic si tear down. That car was targeting 29psi boost would see 32psi on e85. They made a comment about Honda/Acuras VSA possibly causing the issue because it pulled back timing during a slip event on hard launch. They recommend that people turn off VSA if they are going to floor this car with extra boost. I've been saying this forever since I started testing this car. Whenever I get in my car I usually put it on reduced
So how would the VSA cause the damage? Pulling timing would have reduced the chance for detonation. Would the tires have hooked up and over-stressed the drivetrain?

OP
OP
RB2490

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So how would the VSA cause the damage? Pulling timing would have reduced the chance for detonation. Would the tires have hooked up and over-stressed the drivetrain?
I'm not 100 percent sure but if I'm not mistaken during a slip event the ecu will pull back throttle and ignition timing so maybe the tune was commanding a specific timing but when the slip event happen on Si while on the track the ecu said nope I'm going to do my own thing and somewhere along the line things didn't agree and boom. Watching the video he can see the slip event right before the engine went.

lnf

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lunar Silver, 6MT Integra
I wonder if there is a way Hondata could command the ECU to fully disable the system?

CB750 rider

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra, 06 Five-Hundred, 2011 Express
I wonder if there is a way Hondata could command the ECU to fully disable the system?
My vote would be for a toggle switch. Set it and forget it.

OP
OP
RB2490

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
With ktuner you can disable vsa fully but I have to look into that a bit more

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I'm not 100 percent sure but if I'm not mistaken during a slip event the ecu will pull back throttle and ignition timing so maybe the tune was commanding a specific timing but when the slip event happen on Si while on the track the ecu said nope I'm going to do my own thing and somewhere along the line things didn't agree and boom. Watching the video he can see the slip event right before the engine went.
Problem is that Hondata doesn’t use targets like ktuner does. Also his tuner blows.

OP
OP
RB2490

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Problem is that Hondata doesn’t use targets like ktuner does. Also his tuner blows.
Ahh I see. If it's the guy in the ososik videos he honestly looks a bit cocky and would point the finger at everybody else except his tune. I know nothing about him but I've dealt with tuners in the past and they are easy to read. There are some who are passionate and eat sleep and breath tuning and then there are some who think they know it all.