• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Autocross megathread

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Amy experience with the Azenis 615k+ or the Nankang CRS V2 that would be good for both street and autoX?

I keep looking on marketplace forused 18" just for a track setup to run some RE71's but either nothing fits or they're nice, expensive wheels.

ND2SloActiv

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.linkedin.com
Car(s)
04 4Runner V8 Limited, 24 Integra Type S
I'm running my OE 4S until the fall as well and revisiting the situation then. I'll probably go with a softer 265 all-season for year-round driving, then pick up a set of 18"s and go 275/35 200tw.

Sadly, the Apex EC-7 is already back ordered after their sale and I'm kicking myself for not ordering a set. I can't seem to find any other good 18" option 53-60mm.

bisquick

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS, '19 LSM RDX A-Spec
Amy experience with the Azenis 615k+ or the Nankang CRS V2 that would be good for both street and autoX?

I keep looking on marketplace forused 18" just for a track setup to run some RE71's but either nothing fits or they're nice, expensive wheels.
I run Falken 615k+ on street and plan to autocross with at the next event I can attend.

The tires are loud compared to my Continental DWS06+ and Michelin PS4S, but thatā€™s to be expected.

Any 200TW tire is arguably better than an all season or summer tire, but Iā€™ve heard the 615k+ are not a class leader. There are more performant options.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I run Falken 615k+ on street and plan to autocross with at the next event I can attend.

The tires are loud compared to my Continental DWS06+ and Michelin PS4S, but thatā€™s to be expected.

Any 200TW tire is arguably better than an all season or summer tire, but Iā€™ve heard the 615k+ are not a class leader. There are more performant options.
Oh wow, I wasn't aware they were that loud. I have both of the other tires you mentioned also & the PS are definitely louder than the DWS+, even on 18" wheels now.

I've been playing around a little with Map 2 of my custom tune which has definitely helped with 2nd gear traction. In Map 1 it's full boost and so much fun, so I figure if I can offset that 2nd gear wheel spin with a better tire that would be awesome. I might have to go with a dedicated setup for that though opposed to enjoying it on the street.

Or just often swap different sets. šŸ˜„

bisquick

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS, '19 LSM RDX A-Spec
If you can, I recommend having a set to swap on for events. Tires will last longer and you donā€™t have to be concerned with driving on worn tires home.

I will probably pick up a set of extremely light 18s as dedicated autocross wheels/tires for next season and keep my TEs as a nice summer wheel.

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
If you are running 18s, it's hard to beat the 615s for $200 each. They are an ok DD tire if you don't get a true winter or have a winter set and they actually last a while as long as you aren't too focused on heat cycling out.

Wish they came in 19s... Only downside is the Falkens are HEAVY.