• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Android Auto

6mtJak

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra Aspec 6mt
Hi All,
Anyone found a fix other than rebooting the head unit to the random Android Auto not finding phone issue? It may be weeks and working fine then one day - can't even see the phone.

SierraOne

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A-Spec->ITS, '24 X1, '24 Navigator, '14 LR4
Hi All,
Anyone found a fix other than rebooting the head unit to the random Android Auto not finding phone issue? It may be weeks and working fine then one day - can't even see the phone.
I've been having this issue on and off (longest streak of not having issues just ended yesterday, ~4 months).

Setting the phone to priority seemed to help, as it's specifically a setting that auto-connects Android Auto.

Other than that, I'm not sure. I've had the same issue now in the BMW with Android Auto either dropping or not auto-connecting, but I'm sure it's not a phone issue because I've tried across Samsung, OnePlus, PIxel, etc.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Almost a year into ownership and the head unit is still getting the occasional reboot.

Knowing the issue is present now, the reboots are less common as usually it will reconnect on its own after a few drive cycles. If it spans more than 2-3 days I get annoyed enough to reboot.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I disabled most of the unused apps and languages that were in the unit. Haven't had it reboot on me once. Had connection issues with AndroidAuto a handful of times throughout the year of ownership.

6mtJak

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra Aspec 6mt
Yep - can't seem to find a pattern or way to repro the issue - works for weeks or months and then can't make it see the phone.
Frustrating.

Has anyone been able to do / had a software update on the head unit?

Montgomery

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Black A-Spec 6MT
I haven't owned mine for long, but this seems to happen to me every time the car requires a restart (When it stops running for whatever safety reason and requires you to push in brake and clutch and press the ignition button). Whenever I have to start this way it disconnects Android Auto and I have to factory reset the head unit. Dunno if that's helpful at all.

AmericaFirst

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra
I have the same problem with my Google Pixel. But it is a newer phone for me and I'm not sure it worked when I first got it. But I think so. When I tried to reconnect the car said the phone was incompatible.
Me too, I've had issues with multiple cars and the 6 pro. Bought the phone thinking it'd be the most stable droid when it's the total opposite.

The thing that works sometimes is unpairing and deleting profile and starting it over. I believe it has to do with the updates.

JohnV

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 Ford C-Max Energi '19 Acura RDX
I believe it has to do with the updates.
Makes sense.

Original post was a while back. I've gotten used to the issues and usually can resolve them quickly.

The Pixel though, I dunno. 80% of the time it's really good to work with. 15% it's different and a bit challenging. 5% - it just sucks.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
GOOD NEWS! ACURA IS ACKNOWLEDGING THIS ISSUE EXISTS!!!

I arrived for my A1 service today and spoke with the SA regarding the connectivity as it happened to me immediately prior to my 30 mile drive to the dealer.

The SA stated Acura is aware of the issue, they know it is a software issue with the Integra, and are working on an update to remedy it.

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
Just got this myself for the first time with my S23. it's been working fine since the day i got it from the dealership, but today I drove somewhere, got out and went in a store, got back and turned my car on, and no device connected. i had a 9th gen Si that would occasionally do this, and usually turning my phone's bluetooth off then on would fix it, but nope. ok... not totally unheard of, every once in a blue moon that wouldn't work and i'd have to delete the phone and re-pair it, which would always fix it, but nope.

so i sat in this parking lot for 20 fucking minutes like a fuckin idiot trying every combination of unpairing and re-pairing, turning my phone and car on and off, and nothing worked. the car was seeing the phone and able to use it as a music source, but Android Auto itself wouldn't work. i got it to work with a USB cable, which i've never had to do, and don't want to use, but i dealt with it until i got back home and searched these forums.

so yeah, factory reset seems to have worked for me as well

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Just got this myself for the first time with my S23. it's been working fine since the day i got it from the dealership, but today I drove somewhere, got out and went in a store, got back and turned my car on, and no device connected. i had a 9th gen Si that would occasionally do this, and usually turning my phone's bluetooth off then on would fix it, but nope. ok... not totally unheard of, every once in a blue moon that wouldn't work and i'd have to delete the phone and re-pair it, which would always fix it, but nope.

so i sat in this parking lot for 20 fucking minutes like a fuckin idiot trying every combination of unpairing and re-pairing, turning my phone and car on and off, and nothing worked. the car was seeing the phone and able to use it as a music source, but Android Auto itself wouldn't work. i got it to work with a USB cable, which i've never had to do, and don't want to use, but i dealt with it until i got back home and searched these forums.

so yeah, factory reset seems to have worked for me as well
I had it not connect once and what I did was disable Bluetooth on my phone and turn off WiFi on my phone. Then toggle wifi back on and Bluetooth. It instantly reconnected and worked.

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
I had it not connect once and what I did was disable Bluetooth on my phone and turn off WiFi on my phone. Then toggle wifi back on and Bluetooth. It instantly reconnected and worked.
i didn't try that as i didn't think it was relevant. i'll keep that in mind if it happens again

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
i actually did that after i got home, there was no update available. in fact ive checked it regularly since i got it and there has never once been an update available