• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Android Auto

dfoster1951

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 LexusGS 350 F Sport
For three months i had no problems with Android Auto. It started right up. Then last week it " disappered". When I try to access it the car shows a message to " Connect your smartphone". But my phone says it is connected and bluetooth functions work. I tried unpairing my phone then pairing it again but to no avail. The phone is a Samsung Galaxy A13 5G. Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions?

JohnV

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 Ford C-Max Energi '19 Acura RDX
I have the same problem with my Google Pixel. But it is a newer phone for me and I'm not sure it worked when I first got it. But I think so. When I tried to reconnect the car said the phone was incompatible.

Decks515

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec 6mt
I had the same problem with my Galaxy S22, I had to go into the smartphone connections and remove the phone, as well as go into the settings for android auto in my phone and clear all data ... then it took me through the pairing process again and hasn't happened since ... not sure which one actually did the trick, but if you're completely clearing one end you may as well do both. This started happening after I linked Alexa. I'm not sure if that's related since it wants your phone wifi but if you're in android auto or Apple carplay the car wifi antenna is set to smartphone connection instead of internet

smurill

First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec w/ Technology (6MT)
Thank goodness someone else is having this issue! I got my Integra in September and it AA started off working completely fine. I have a Samsung S21+ (I don't think the phone is the issue) and it worked for about two weeks before I started having issues where it would randomly disconnect while driving. Then next time I turned the car on AA completely stopped working although the regular Bluetooth was still working. I tried the simple fixes, like disconnecting and reconnecting the phone, and completely deleting the phone and reconnecting but nothing. I had to factory reset the head unit in order for it to start functioning again. It started working like normal but I still set up an appointment with my dealership but of course when I went they could not recreate the issue and told me to just factory reset the head unit. The problem seems to be happening more and more often and my only fix is to do a factory reset. I need a permanent solution!

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Factory reset the car's infotainment. It's an option in the settings menu. There's another thread on here that saved me a ton of headache when my car did this on day 3 of ownership.

It's an Acura problem, not a Google problem.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
I got a new one today. I've been having issues with auto-connecting about 50% of the time since getting my car back from the most recent warranty repairs.

Looked into it further after no connection at all today and my phone had simply disappeared from the android auto connections in the infotainment. It was still present in Bluetooth connections and my phone was still showing android auto was connected, but the car showed it had never been paired at all.

A simple repairing fixed this, but this is a first of its kind for me.

Palut

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
I've had this problem too and it's been maddening. I've done 3 factory resets (thank God for the user settings export function) but I think I've figured it out.

My Pixel 6 will connect via Android Auto but will only show up in Bluetooth audio mode. Android Auto is actually connected but doesn't boot up on the car's screen. Disabling wireless Android Auto on the phone disconnects everything completely. It seems that the car somehow gets "stuck" in Bluetooth audio mode and can't see Android Auto at that point, thus refusing to boot it up.

I brought out my old phone to mess around with and hooked both phones up: This would have the Pixel as wireless Android Auto and the old phone as Bluetooth audio. The moment the car switched to Bluetooth audio on the old phone, Android Auto activated on my Pixel 6.

It seems that the car gets its teeth stuck in a phone's Bluetooth audio mode, thus being unable to move on to Android Auto. By letting it sink it's teeth into another phone's Bluetooth, it was able to "let go" of my main phone and connect Android Auto.

Wojo

First Name
Beef Cake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec CVT, 2015 TLX , 2002 TL Type S
i have an i-phone 10 & i haven't had any problems yet, sometimes it takes longer to
connect, other times it's quick

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
On a slightly different subject:

The Android Auto in my car has been updated with Coolwalk. I played with it a little bit today and IMO it's completely meh.

It only supports Google Maps, not Waze, although it does say support for Waze is coming soon. It also only works within AA, so I can't display my satellite SiriusXM alongside the Google Maps that I prefer not using, unless I want to listen to Sirius through my phone.

Nobody called or texted me while I was playing with it, so I don't know if that would cause another window to pop up or not. In some of the demos I've seen, it looks like it should.

Bottom Line: I don't understand what all the excitement is about.

mkIntegra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra MT
For three months i had no problems with Android Auto. It started right up. Then last week it " disappered". When I try to access it the car shows a message to " Connect your smartphone". But my phone says it is connected and bluetooth functions work. I tried unpairing my phone then pairing it again but to no avail. The phone is a Samsung Galaxy A13 5G. Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions?
I have similar issues when using wireless Android Auto with two different phones (pixel 6 and pixel 7). I've tried deleting the phone from the car, resetting the infotainment system and they generally haven't worked for me. The only thing I found to work when this happens every few months is keeping a usb cable in the car for wired Android Auto. I just plug the phone into the car and eventually Android Auto starts working again. Once this happens, I can stop using the cable and go back to AA wireless. Unfortunately, this does seem to happen every once in a while and I have to repeat the process. It's the only thing I've found to work, though...

Devon557

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
It's not just you, having issues with an S20+ right now, I've had to factory reset the infotainment system three times.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
It's not just you, having issues with an S20+ right now, I've had to factory reset the infotainment system three times.
I probably shouldn't say this, but my S21 has been flawless with wireless AA since I got the car in October.

[furiously knocking wood]

Festacles

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT
Mine has done it a few times. First time I factory reset, but the other times I tried restarting my phone and that got it to connect correctly when the phone came back up.

Yitzz

First Name
Yitzz
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra A-spec Tech CVT
User setting export? How do I do that?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Mine was flawless untill I pressed the continue button on the warning screen and also pressed the back arrow to expedite the boot up process.. after doing this AA wouldn't work. Finally got it back to working flawless again physically plugging the phone in and doing a hardwire AA. Once this was doing the wireless started working again.