• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ambient Lighting

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT
Also, could you explain how to get access to the floor lights?

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I was also curious by "Type R" lights - are they specific to the FK8 or FL5 or are they the same? Looking on PRL site now.

Pjgelose

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Honda S2000, 2024 Integra Type S
Part numbers are all different, which sucks. Also, the HVAC, steering wheel controls, window switches, all the switch gear essentially is already white backlit so that would pose a huge mismatch...I'd love an all red interior too, trust me. If the TLX/CTR modules fit the door handle, it may be possible they could fit in the other areas as well, not sure....

Door Handle : 34765-3S5-A01

Charging Pad : 34760-3W0-A01

Glovebox : 34750-3S5-A01

Footwell : 34750-T20-A01

Strange, as it seems in the photo the ambient lighting on the panels themselves are obviously red but the door handle still looks to be white. Which leads me back to what exactly was swapped out to achieve the red ambient strip on the door panel if not the Door Handle LED module...?

1692026831825.png

Acura has the same exact description for the last two items - Door Inner Handle Lights / Door Ambient Lights. Patrick, can you chime in here and tell us if all you replaced was the LED module from the Inner Door Handles. I think you replaced the Door Ambient Light LED and not the Door Inner Handle Light LED because those are still illuminating as white. I don't see a separate LED for the Door Ambient Light anywhere in my parts catalog and that is very odd.
Thanks,

-G
The A010 part is a white light, not red

Pjgelose

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Also, could you explain how to get access to the floor lights?
Stick your head in the foot well, Its pretty self explanatory. The driver side is super easy. The passenger side you need to pull down the under cover, but still very easy.

NecroFIesh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra & '07 S2000
The A010 part is a white light, not red
Care to explain any further? What part is A010?

What I, in particular am trying to determine is what part you replaced in the door panel. It's clear that whatever you did had an effect on the ambient strip within the panel changing it from white to red....what I'm curious about is what exactly that part was. The inner door handle lights remain a white color so I'm just confused why it's still white if the strip is red.....

-G

Last edited:

Pjgelose

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Care to explain any further? What part is A010?

What I, in particular am trying to determine is what part you replaced in the door panel. It's clear that whatever you did had an effect on the ambient strip within the panel changing it from white to red....what I'm curious about is what exactly that part was. The inner door handle lights remain a white color so I'm just confused why it's still white if the strip is red.....

-G
You mentioned the 34750-T20-A01 that is only $5. This is the white glovebox light from the CTR.
If you want Red lighting then you need the 34750-T20-R01 part.

The part is a LED module. It is a small rectangle. Basically all the lights on the Integra are the same module. All I am doing is swapping to the 34750-T20-R01 part. They are all plug and play.

The ambient strip is controlled by one LED and the door handle lights are a different LED. But both can be swapped with the 34750-T20-R01 part number. I honestly forgot about the door handle LED until today so I plan to buy two more parts to swap them out with.

Long story short, order 7 - 34750-T20-R01.
2 for the LET strips
2 for the door handles
2 for the footwell
1 for the above the wireless charger

Do the LED strips and door handles at the same time while the door liner is off
The footwells are super easy and take 30sec
The one above the wireless charger is a challenge. Id recommend watching the install video of the Idle Stopper () to show how to take the center console apart.

Please note that the lens on the LEDs are all a little bit different. But they pop off and swap very easy. The lens that comes with the 34750-T20-R01 will fit the footwells. I needed to swap out the lens for above the wireless charger the LED Strips and the the door pockets.

Fun fact, drill a hole in the lens of the footwell lights to make them brighter.

NecroFIesh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra & '07 S2000
Perfect, thank you for the clarification. Really appreciate you helping out the community here.

I'm just going to assume (against my better judgement) that Acura has decided not to include that LED module for the ambient strip in the door panel in their parts catalog. I've found the modules for the inner handles, the footwell and glovebox as well as the center console(above the wireless charger) but cannot for the life of me find those ambient strip modules. I got the basic premise of what you had done and all that but I was trying to figure out what module it was that you replaced and trying to reference that with my catalog....didn't make sense that there isn't a listing so idk....anyway.

Thanks for the update and I'm sure many of us here will be using this thread as a reference point to modify our own cars. Good info here!

-G

Last edited:

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Yessir! Thanks you VERY much for the detailed info!!!

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
Thank you @Pjgelose for laying it all out the way you did! You’ve made a lot of modder’s lives a little easier for doing the leg work and research. Much appreciated!

now to find out more info about the little light between the map/ lights that shines none-stop over the shifter and center console… I was thinking of sticking a thin sheet of red cellophane over it instead of replacing It with a red LED 😂

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Thank you @Pjgelose for laying it all out the way you did! You’ve made a lot of modder’s lives a little easier for doing the leg work and research. Much appreciated!

now to find out more info about the little light between the map/ lights that shines none-stop over the shifter and center console… I was thinking of sticking a thin sheet of red cellophane over it instead of replacing It with a red LED 😂
I'm glad I wasn't alone in this. Lol Surely someone might have a universal semi transparent cover of some sort.

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm glad I wasn't alone in this. Lol Surely someone might have a universal semi transparent cover of some sort.
I even contemplated using those clear circular ‘bingo’ chips/elementary math lesson ‘counters’ taped on there lmao

there’s gotta be something!

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I even contemplated using those clear circular ‘bingo’ chips/elementary math lesson ‘counters’ taped on there lmao

there’s gotta be something!
I hate to mention this publicly for risk of shame, but there might be something. 😆 Lamin-x self adhesive red film. I've used their stuff on my trucks before & it's the best film I've come across so far. I'm actually trying something out custom cut myself from one of their universal sheet sizes for the DRL's - like Jets Vinyl overlays but honestly, I think I can cut the more symmetrical & a fuller shape to cover them better & achieve a different hue I'm going for maybe. Hard to say how this lighting effect would compare to just replacing the bulbs.

IMG_3244.png

IMG_3245.png

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I hate to mention this publicly for risk of shame, but there might be something. 😆 Lamin-x self adhesive red film. I've used their stuff on my trucks before & it's the best film I've come across so far. I'm actually trying something out custom cut myself from one of their universal sheet sizes for the DRL's - like Jets Vinyl overlays but honestly, I think I can cut the more symmetrical & a fuller shape to cover them better & achieve a different hue I'm going for maybe. Hard to say how this lighting effect would compare to just replacing the bulbs.

IMG_3244.png

IMG_3245.png
Going for a demon brow look; I dig it!!! Knowing you, there will be a guide showing step by steps 😎 are you referring to going for a darker hue like stacking layers of the lamin-x to create a darker red?

I think I may look into theis for that pesky over-head co sole light!

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Going for a demon brow look; I dig it!!! Knowing you, there will be a guide showing step by steps 😎 are you referring to going for a darker hue like stacking layers of the lamin-x to create a darker red?

I think I may look into theis for that pesky over-head co sole light!
Actually, I tried Jets Vinyl Amber/orange but with the lights on it still looked yellow like everyone else's - which I think does look great, but I wanted something different. So I stacked the 2 on top of each for a mock up & I did like it better, but still really wanted more of that orange/amber glow with the lights on. But now I'm thinking red might be cool...or it'll look pink with the lights on. Or maybe be too intense. Or too much red with the other red accents. I've got some thinking to do. 🤣

But it might definitely be a solution for any interior LED's that don't have a red replacement yet so far.

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Actually, I tried Jets Vinyl Amber/orange but with the lights on it still looked yellow like everyone else's - which I think does look great, but I wanted something different. So I stacked the 2 on top of each for a mock up & I did like it better, but still really wanted more of that orange/amber glow with the lights on. But now I'm thinking red might be cool...or it'll look pink with the lights on. Or maybe be too intense. Or too much red with the other red accents. I've got some thinking to do. 🤣

But it might definitely be a solution for any interior LED's that don't have a red replacement yet so far.
I love the ingenuity 🤙 I hope to see what you come up with soon.