• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

25 on Acura Site, no Type S option until summer

pomegranate

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Mazda 3 Hatch
Yeah, the Torque increase is what will help in the hybrid. Really curious why the integra didn't follow suite. Then again im curious how long the integra will stick around . So far I heard from my dealer sales are down about 20% for the starting calendar year. With the price increase again on the model you are looking at 39k for a Aspec-Tech which I think is going to turn more potential buyers away.
The Hybrid makes so much sense for the Integra. They already went the economy route when they chose to include the CVT. The base model should just be a hybrid all the way. It has more torque, uses regular fuel, AND gets better fuel economy. On top of that, it's more reliable with the e-CVT and the NA engine. It'll even add to be "luxury" or "premiumness" of the brand since hybrids are quiet when driving on the street. To add even more, it makes e-AWD possible as a separator between the Integra and the Civic even though it's not likely since we've been Acura has been all about cost cutting from the beginning.

Acura said they're not going hybrid, but this makes absolutely no sense to me. They already have an Integra compatible hybrid system, so it's not like they're developing a new one. This one is plug and play from their own Honda parts bin.

My guess is that Acura somehow thinks that the Integra name is too "coveted" for a hybrid system and it needs the "sporty" 1.5 turbo even though they've already stuck a CVT on it. I'm still holding holding hope for a Hybrid Integra which is pretty much my dream car.

creaturemachine

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
Hybrid with a proper DCT and e-AWD would absolutely fit in the current platform, but it seems all Acura can do now is rebadge whatever Honda is selling.

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
Honda/Acura, if your listening, here's some free advice that would make a killer car.

Take the current Type R/S and put a small battery pack (maybe 10kWh) in the space where there's no spare and put two small independent motors 50-100hp each to each of the rear wheels.

Touch nothing infront of the C pillar and use regen braking + rolling resistance to recharge the battery pack (like driving at constant highway speeds, let the gas motor work a little harder to top off the battery).

You then use the electrically rear driven wheels to smoke all the haters complaining about 0-60 times and even better their is a crazy amount of torque vectoring that could be achieved with Regen braking on the interior rear wheel while applying extra power to the outer one. Basically the battery is there not to drive hybrid long distances but take the best of both worlds where acceleration from stop is better with electric power and long distances are still more efficient with internal combustion.

My wife would hate me but I'd probably sell my ITS for that version in a heart beat. I think you'd probably be able to get by with adding only about 300lbs and it would make it closer to a 50:50 distribution.

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

bvanlieu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 White ITS, 2015 Cayman GTS
I think you'd probably be able to get by with adding only about 300lbs and it would make it closer to a 50:50 distribution.
Sure lets 'only' increase weight by 10%

You sir have a future in BMW product management :D

Tongue in cheek of course, but the ITS does not need more power. Coming from a 3800lb car that was RWD and 500+ ft-lbs, the first thing I notice is how the car reacts and I don't want to go back to porky and its 0-60 times

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS

Tongue in cheek of course, but the ITS does not need more power. Coming from a 3800lb car that was RWD and 500+ ft-lbs, the first thing I notice is how the car reacts and I don't want to go back to porky and its 0-60 times
It's not about the 0-60 times or power per say. That's just to get it popular across a wider audience, those who would never consider a FWD car.

For me it's the torque vectoring. I'd never accept an extra 300lbs for a regular AWD system, even SH-AWD. SH-AWD might a similar effect, but the mechanical system of distributing torque is meh compared to independent electric motors.

With mechanical you need an extra system to send 100% of the power to the outside wheel, you have the extra mechanical loses of the drivetrain and then if you want negative speed (drag) on the interior wheel, you need to apply the brake meaning you would chew thru them a lot faster with spirited driving. With electric you just let it regen as aggressively as needed.

If the handling of the ITS feels great now, this adaptation would make the cornering performance godly and as a last bonus, the electric motors could also work as an anti lag system, where you could tune the turbo for the top end and use the electric torque to raise the power curve down low.

I hear what you're saying, but the the ITS already feels a little porky at 3200lbs, especially after jumping into it post drive in my 2900lbs Civic Si. Where the Civic feels fun like a go-kart, the ITS is crazy capable, cornering in ways I wouldn't dream of doing with the Civic, and I believe with these change you'd be able to get 911 GT3 levels cornering G's for less than $70,000 USD and 4 doors too.

OP
OP
zooka

zooka

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S 2022 RDX A-Spec
Wow. Wonder if Acura will price themselves out of the competition.
Yeah it certainly appears that way. I know the TLX type S went up like 1500 from its previous year model as well.

pomegranate

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Mazda 3 Hatch
Honda/Acura, if your listening, here's some free advice that would make a killer car.

Take the current Type R/S and put a small battery pack (maybe 10kWh) in the space where there's no spare and put two small independent motors 50-100hp each to each of the rear wheels.

Touch nothing infront of the C pillar and use regen braking + rolling resistance to recharge the battery pack (like driving at constant highway speeds, let the gas motor work a little harder to top off the battery).

You then use the electrically rear driven wheels to smoke all the haters complaining about 0-60 times and even better their is a crazy amount of torque vectoring that could be achieved with Regen braking on the interior rear wheel while applying extra power to the outer one. Basically the battery is there not to drive hybrid long distances but take the best of both worlds where acceleration from stop is better with electric power and long distances are still more efficient with internal combustion.

My wife would hate me but I'd probably sell my ITS for that version in a heart beat. I think you'd probably be able to get by with adding only about 300lbs and it would make it closer to a 50:50 distribution.
They couldn't even afford to give you rear seat vents, a sunroof, memory seats, power passenger seats, the Accord infotainment, more sound deadening, or even homelink. There's absolutely no chance they'd make the Type S more than a Type R clone especially since they're already raising the prices for the 2024 Type S and people are still buying it.

I don't even have faith that the base Integra will get a hybrid out of sheer cheapness even though it's a direct copy and paste formula of the Civic Hybrid.

You won't have to worry about a curb weight from a battery when they couldn't even deliver homelink, something that adds 0 weight
🤣