• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Bzal1122

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16 Tundra TRD Pro, 03 E46 M3, 23 gts4.0, 24 ITS
52k? I'm gonna have a hard time to justify that as its almost 4K more than my Mustang was fully loaded and all I'd be gaining is(barely) better MPG. If it was cheaper I'd have a MUCH easier time justifying it to myself.
The ITS will probably not try to drive in 4 directions all at once !!!!!!

Khyle785

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra 2023, Toyota MR2 1987
Mine was $48K I was expecting that the $48k would be after the dealer $5k markup they mentioned to me.
This sucks. I guess I'll sit with my '23 Mt too :)
$47K was my limit for ITS. It's $14K more before tax. No thanks. Happy enough with my '23 6MT.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Wish they had more color combos at launch.. also I need to swap the rear seats.. 52k and I need to instantly mod

Hamnjam

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Odyssey, Mazda6
I do have have my name on the list for a ITS. In terms of Canadian pricing, it's 58k with destination.

In comparison,
Integra a-spec: 47k
CTR: 52k
TLX type s: 64k
Manual Golf r: 51k
Manual elantra n: 41k

Canadian pricing seems a bit better than US pricing, but I feel that I don't have a compelling argument that the ITS is a good value.

The lack of seating for 5 and the lack of "premium" features for it's asking price will likely make me ask for a refund on my deposit.

I feel like grabbing a elantra n for the fun factor alone and simply abandon trying to get get some premium features and reliability in a more mature package.

burburbur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW 740i
Wish they had more color combos at launch.. also I need to swap the rear seats.. 52k and I need to instantly mod
That's probably several grand to find an entire rear seat assembly and install it. If you need the fifth seat I'd just look for something bigger.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
As someone who still plans on buying the type s, the things that change for me with the new price is, i will not settle for a different color then my preferred choice. I will not pay a cent over msrp and I will no longer be buying any addons like i originally planned on since the price is more then the 48k i was expecting.
This I can get with. I was semi-excited enough to maybe compromise a bit on exterior color, but I'm white/ebony all the way now, however long it takes. I do agree the MSRP has a lot to do with my patience getting a boost. I'm in no hurry.

If I like add-ons I'll buy them, but from what I've seen there are laughably few options on these cars. I kind of like the bronze wheels but I think I like CE28Ns more. I'll probably get some carbon bits and floor mats and shit... and honestly it hasn't been confirmed there won't be extra options like memory seats that people are still freaking out about. If there are, I'd probably pay extra for them too. I don't typically buy stripper cars.

Not exactly fully loaded… in fact 😂 but an amazing drivers car….
This is it, right here. It's the very best driver's car of all these options, and that puts it immediately at a premium.

I'll say it again- I had an RS5. It wasn't engaging enough. Personally, I'd buy an ITS over an RS5 at the same price point. To me, it's a better car... but I have a specific use case. And it isn't my only car.

Basically I need the absolute best possible driver's car I can comfortably fit my dog in. He's a 75 lb Malinois/Dutch Shepherd mix.

The ITS is perfect.

So is the Type R but the ITS feels right to me. I'd take one over a Type R even if I could get one at MSRP...

There are zero base IS500's in the US. The only ones being imported are the fully loaded premiums around 67k.

The CT-4 BW is close to 70 with "must have" options and most dealers are putting on 10k ADM.

RS3 is impossible to find because the wiring harnesses were made in Ukraine and they can't make anymore until they spin up a new factory and if you do find one on a lot they want 20k ADM.

The S3 and G70 (and the IS and CT4) are also much smaller, particularly in the back seat than the ITS.

The 340 and S4 are good comparbles though. They will be faster and nicer than the ITS, but don't have a stick. And there will likely be some missing features on the Germans for the sub 55k price (although things ITS is missing like memory and a sunroof will be there).
This is a good break down, and another thing I'll add is the German cars are NUMB. They're not as fun as you think. They're not driver's cars. Unless big torque and massaging seats are at the top of your priority list, don't even bother with them. They are very sterile, borderline boring cars...

And yes, I've had an S3, S4, and the aforementioned RS5. The S3 was actually a great car and very fun but no manual... honestly if I hadn't already had an S3 I may be looking harder at the Golf R but I'm not a fan of German manual transmissions unless they're Porsche 6 speeds (the 7 in the 991.2 is ok but not as good as literally any 6 speed... and yes I've also had a 991.2).

Also I've had an F82 M4 (non-competition pack but with the adaptive dampers), E92 335i, E36 M3.

I've had a lot of cars that I thought I'd love and didn't. I've had a lot of cars. I'm self aware enough to read the room, this isn't Rennlist where I'm the poor guy, I understand this. I feel like though I also have a lot of context to work with that is valuable.

I'm telling you, a good driver's car is hard to find... especially at the sub-100k price point. So yes, this thing is pretty much a bargain. Coming from someone who has had all these cars.

Not me,
Ill pay the $52k, I was worried popularity would make it hard to get and then inflate the price even more, but it looks as though 75% of potential buyers arrent going to pay 50k$ for an integra/civic so... more for me.
You and me both brother. :beer:

daddy-chill.gif

Sphinx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Miata
There are zero base IS500's in the US. The only ones being imported are the fully loaded premiums around 67k.

The CT-4 BW is close to 70 with "must have" options and most dealers are putting on 10k ADM.

RS3 is impossible to find because the wiring harnesses were made in Ukraine and they can't make anymore until they spin up a new factory and if you do find one on a lot they want 20k ADM.

The S3 and G70 (and the IS and CT4) are also much smaller, particularly in the back seat than the ITS.

The 340 and S4 are good comparbles though. They will be faster and nicer than the ITS, but don't have a stick. And there will likely be some missing features on the Germans for the sub 55k price (although things ITS is missing like memory and a sunroof will be there).
On the CT4VBW, not anymore. You can score 4s all day long for msrp or less.

The 5BWs are now at MSRP, unless the dealer is high. I'm on the list for a 5BW manual but waiting on carbon fiber package constraints to loosen up a little. Order just pushed to 2024.

TeggyTypeS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S LCM/Red
I do have have my name on the list for a ITS. In terms of Canadian pricing, it's 58k with destination.

In comparison,
Integra a-spec: 47k
CTR: 52k
TLX type s: 64k
Manual Golf r: 51k
Manual elantra n: 41k

Canadian pricing seems a bit better than US pricing, but I feel that I don't have a compelling argument that the ITS is a good value.

The lack of seating for 5 and the lack of "premium" features for it's asking price will likely make me ask for a refund on my deposit.

I feel like grabbing a elantra n for the fun factor alone and simply abandon trying to get get some premium features and reliability in a more mature package.
Just wait for the 24 Elantra N. They fixed the nose and they will likely improve the interior and hopefully add power.

Gregg

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 TEP Teg Type S '87 & '88 CRX Si, '96 Civic EX
Mr. "That's a zonk" said in all his videos from Long Beach, "I think it'll be $48k..." and all of a sudden everyone expected it to magically be priced at $48K. Obviously some random YouTuber isn't the best source of insider information. Regardless, I never really considered the price differential to the TypeR in my equation. So the ITS doesn't have LogR+. Given that most buyers will never see the track with theirs (even though I probably will), does it matter? It doesn't have a power passenger seat? Big deal. It doesn't have a memory drivers seat? I'm the only one that will be driving it 99.999989% of the time. No USB ports in the back? I think I've had people in the back of my '15 TLX four of five times since new.

Besides, once you consider the price most people are paying for a CTR (definitely not MSRP), it's not an $8K spread. And then there are the differences in warranty coverage. The CTR gets 3yr/36K limited (incl. roadside assistance for entire term), 5yr/60K powertrain, and 3yr/36K for accessories. The ITS gets 4yr/50k limited (inc. roadside for entire term), 6yr/70k powertrain, and 4yr/50k accessories. That peace of mind isn't inconsequential.

Speaking of warrantees, my experience with most of the German brands discussed is that the operating costs increase dramatically after year 3. Figure that into the equation too. And you want to buy used? That's a fool's errand.

Having purchased one of the first '00 S2000s in September '99 for slightly more than the $32K MSRP (equivalent of $58K today)...a car that was far more basic than an ITS or CTR....because I HAD to have it, I'm a very different person today. That said, what I paid then was FAR above the average price of a new car. $52k for an ITS is only a bit above today's average for a car that is likely better than average.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a43611570/average-new-car-price-down-still-high/

Last edited: